Send Topic Print
Proportions (Read 31 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Proportions
09/24/23 at 09:17:39

The divine equation, proper proportioning of size of tank , tail , seat, fenders. Something relative to building customs , was almost done for me by Ryca, I only had control of alignment. I think Ryca did good on the tracker model , but I’ve seen several that did get alignment messed up. When my tank was black & tail white , the tail looked too big. Reviewed some old & newer pics. Most definitely prime all body parts the same color. I didn’t like the tail too big but after all painted the same it was perfect. Now when I look at tank & tail are near perfect in my eyes. Looking at other big singles I see something funny on mine , almost all proportions very good but the engine and my 2” exhaust look too big for the rest of the bike. I find it amusing.  If it’s out front people slow some stop some get out take pics. Whenever I stop somewhere it draws attention. I see a bike not quite finished but others see it as done , finished product. It makes my heart pound , it is sexy ! Maybe it is done !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Proportions
Reply #1 - 09/26/23 at 10:27:00

While I guarantee maybe a couple a dozen people in the world would design a bike is such a manner. Now a days with AI probably do it on you phone might even be an app. Divine equation I’m sure is part of the programming too. For me I’m gonna build it to my eye , the shapes and lines that appeal to me. Once you’re happy with your mock-up , snap a side pic , print it out to a full sheet , lay some I guess it’s rice paper , for tracing. It’s kinda fun checking your work  to the divine equations. Easy to burn a few hours doing it but it is educational & fun. A more precise way to achieve perfection. It’s all about shapes & lines.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 19:42:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Proportions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.