Send Topic Print
Fuel can (Read 154 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Fuel can
Reply #15 - 09/25/23 at 16:13:22

Just bought 2 quarts of VP fuels 94 octane they also had the other brand Trufuels 92 octane and costs a buck more. So one to try and one for long trips. $8 a quart , pricy but cheap insurance against pushing it. Don’t care for pushing , not what I signed up for.I understand if I better controlled my speed I would go further on the fuel , but that won’t never happen. D. I’ll have to follow MMs lead and build me a 250 thumper

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 09/26/23 at 21:55:26

Hay , I've got the DNA intake system and the Cat-less free flowing exaust now .    Also I've got the performance (+ 20% power) cam in my possession ready to install next time I've got the valve cover off to check the valves.    
So
I'm good with the 350 Meteor , I'm averaging over 80 mpg (US-gallon) and its got a 3.9 gallon fuel tank .    
Its almost like ridding a Stock Savage .   Smiley    Feels the same sitting too.  Smiley Smiley
The bag are givi turn-key off/on.
The "HUNTER" version of it doesn't have the speed limiter now.

Meteor2mpJan23_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #17 - 09/27/23 at 07:28:18

Don’t get cheap order new rockers to go with new cam. Old rockers worn to old cam. What’s on the clock ?

I like the line from tank badge to tank protector and into the seat , shape of tank & seat flawless. A prime example of shapes & lines. RE has classic and 50s60s70s vintage styling that customers demand. Look at their line up , every bike with worthwhile design factors.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 09/27/23 at 19:07:37

about midway between 13 and 14 thousand miles.    I bought it new in June of 22 .   I never would have thought of new rocker arms !   Cool

RE has got it right .   I might get one of the 650cc Super Meteor Bikes , when they finally get to the USA.  
The 350 Meteor is a nice 350 version of the 650 Savage - but - its still only a 350  (72mm X 86mm) with 2/3 of the Savage's power.
Even with the performance cam about 25-26 HP is all it will ever have and that's OK .   There might be a Big Bore kit going to 411cc in the works too ?  Huh
The torque reminds me of the Savage too !   Single cylinder long strokes are very user friendly  IMHO .  Smiley

SuperMeteor , same lines + 650 twin air/oil cooled.
« Last Edit: 09/28/23 at 07:11:58 by MMRanch »  

SuperMeteor.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 09/30/23 at 16:33:11

Canned fuel , me like ! She has only had 91 octane , 94 she’s got some tiger in the tank. She’s back at just kissing fast , she likes the juice , might have to start running that 95 octane race fuel. Better hang on when use the twisty thing cause she’s gonna pump out gobs of pure pleasure. What fun it started sprinkling all that good slimy road oil coming up. Slip sliding around every corner , love that feeling loosing and regaining traction with the front wheel , 404 is a great tire.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #20 - 10/03/23 at 23:46:31

Handy can o fuel helped me get my 55 F100 fired up for the first time in 17 to 20 years , umm maybe a tad bit of starting fluid too. It’s amazingly clear and colorless , looks like moonshine. Smells weird , goes good. Lit that old Ford I pulled out of a forest immediately , scared me it started so fast.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 23:04:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fuel can

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.