SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Just.....WOW!
08/18/23 at 03:58:24

Amazing riding and video.

(How I feel when chasing MM). Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laOmJqAmaUY

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Just.....WOW!
Reply #1 - 08/18/23 at 10:14:14

Whoa, that looked me and you going up the South side of Blood Mountain !

June 2023
Once ya got enough HP , more doesn't matter.   I ran off and left Kent on that supped up Sportster this summer , while ridding the 350 Meteor in the mountains.
We went up and down Hellen Mountain ,Up and down Hiwassee Mountain , and rode over to Blood Mountain but there was a Bicycle ride going on .
 We went up Blood Mountain and stopped at the "AT-trail" store.   There were patrol officers all over the road  up and down there.    
I was camping with some Moto Guzzi guys at TWS and my tent ripped at the bottom seam so I was looking at camping tents.   Well Kent remembered he had a "One Man" military tent to give away so we rode back down the North side back to his house in Hiwassee .  I don't think the RE350 would have  the power to leave him going up the South side   .
The military tent had three long poles instead of two long and one short , I fixed it when I got back home.  

« Last Edit: 08/18/23 at 21:23:40 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 08/19/23 at 04:43:39

Once again someone posts a video that I died three times just watching.
Good Frikken GRIEF! How does a rear tire survive a lap being subjected to That?  Was it just an illusion that the rear end was that far out going through those turns? How fast are they going? And, I hope everyone takes the time to Really appreciate the technology that makes such a video possible. I remember when one cameraman would take a shot of another on Johnny Carson. They were shoving a monstrosity that was the size of the robot on Lost in Space around.
Cool vidya, Dave.

Probably the best answer to riding with MM is just tell him what you want to eat when you get there and let him go,,, and you can have a nice meal and not have to wait for it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 08/19/23 at 16:26:49

Some days I think I know how to ride a motorcycle.

Not today    Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 08/19/23 at 19:30:55

I'm trying to live a reformed life and not ride like a Hooligan so much .   Sometimes  , I don't do so good with the reformed style , but after turning 70 this year maybe I should get a less powerful bike and behave more ?  Huh

But , It is fun to ride a slow bike fast !   Wink

« Last Edit: 08/19/23 at 20:35:20 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 08/20/23 at 07:28:59

It is possible to ride in a sane fashion and still be able to enjoy accelerating now and then.  I do.
Well, the black line mountain roads and relaxed scenic sweeping roads like the Blue Ridge Parkway.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 08/20/23 at 14:21:34

It is possible to ride in a sane fashion ....

Yeah, and about the same percentage of people who are able to do that are also able to shut up when they have been arrested.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #7 - 08/24/23 at 15:21:15

I used to be an knee dragger back in the late '80's/early '90's.  Then in 1992  my first child was born.  He was 5 days old when I went for a ride on Ortega Highway with a friend.  I had an FZR1000 Yamaha, and he had a YZR500 four cylinder two stroke.  Unfortunately he had an unscheduled departure with the tarmac, and went off the side of the canyon.  He lived, and still rides today.  I, on the other hand, got off street bikes for 28 years.  But you can never get it out of your system once you have been bitten.  So I went...

Kart racing - KT100 Yamaha 2 stroke
SCCA sports car racing - 1981 Mazda RX-7
Off road Baja Bug - 220 hp, 13" of travel, full tube chassis

My KZ750 resto mod I just finished is the 2nd bike I have ridden on the street 30 years.  Quite exhilirating until you get your "sea legs" back.  Terrifying at first, actually.  I am looking forward to feeling the tracker move under it's own power!

« Last Edit: 08/25/23 at 10:54:10 by TheSneeze »  

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 08/24/23 at 15:48:36

Truely a labor of love. To ride what you build takes it to the next level. My tracker gives me many thrills. The rides are getting longer and longer . Looks are cool but it’s about dependability, Dailey thrasher , love it more every time I take it out. A solid machine , makes my heart pound.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 08/28/23 at 06:44:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/20/23 at 14:21:34:
It is possible to ride in a sane fashion ....

Yeah, and about the same percentage of people who are able to do that are also able to shut up when they have been arrested.

Cool

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 10:19:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Just.....WOW!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.