Send Topic Print
Stuck fuel line (Read 41 times)
Anameofsomesort
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stuck fuel line
07/14/23 at 21:48:09

I wanted to take off my fuel tank to replace the sparkplug and the fuel line just would not come off. I took off the clamp, but it's still on there really tight on the carb. I have no clue if the fuel line has ever even been removed on this bike, the rear tire was stock and 25yo when I got it, so it wouldn't shock me.

What can I do? Obviously, the fuel line will need replaced no matter what I do to get it off. So, any reccomendations for a replacement would be appreciated. Otherwise, should I attempt to cut it off, or are there Penetrating fluids I may be able to loosen it up?

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Stuck fuel line
Reply #1 - 07/15/23 at 03:46:33

Cut it off.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 07/15/23 at 04:20:40

Do what Lancer said.

Old fuel lines get brittle and shrink and get stuck.  It seems that in less than a year the new fuel line is no longer flexible

Take a shark knife, razor blade or Xacto knife and cut a slit along the fuel line to allow the fuel line to get loose on the nipple.  Be careful not to gouge a line in the nipple - make several shallow cuts along the tubing and then use a screw driver to pry the tubing apart and break the line rather than cutting all the way through.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #3 - 07/15/23 at 05:15:02

The OEM fuel line is really good stuff and it's probably still good.  You don't have to cut it.  

The line is just stuck to the metal.  Either twist the line with some pliers (always works for me) or use a small pick to break the "seal" and pull it off.  A similar concept to removing a radiator hose.  

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #4 - 07/15/23 at 06:08:38

If you have a paint stripper make it hot, and the rubber gets more fexible.

But I would cut it, dump it and put a fress viton line on it.
With the current fuels, the fuel lines harden even faster than before.

And who wants to sit and fiddle when it's not convenient to do so, like whit replacing the sparkplug. Tongue

If you carry on as before, it won't be long before you need god in your life.Anyway it's better to meet up with him sooner rather than later. But it's a shame to make your life harder than it needs to be.

He is called on so many times while people can eazy do it themselfs.

He would also think it stupid if you used the old fuel line or didn't make a handy door out of those chrome decorative caps on the cylinder.

Revelation 3:20

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 06:07:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stuck fuel line

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.