Send Topic Print
Recording studio (Read 31 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Recording studio
07/13/23 at 06:04:52

On the border, surrounded by pecan trees. A Motown board, once owned by Madonna, is still in use here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Ranch

Recording studios are not exactly rare, but this one is in such a remote location And the bands have houses on site to use while they work on their music.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: Recording studio
Reply #1 - 07/14/23 at 09:44:10

Cool.  I wish somebody would record some good music there.  I know there's a lot of good music out there, but you have to dig for it.  It used to be it was just played on top 40 radio.  Not anymore.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 07/14/23 at 17:00:01

Yeah,, me and MewZikk went separate ways when the screaming metal was IT.. The stuff I enjoy is just not out there, or it's same ten tunes all day.. Serious radio is a joke,,I'm sure that what I would enjoy is Out There,, somewhere  The stuff I had on 8 track when I was 16? Good luck..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Reply #3 - 07/14/23 at 19:47:57

It's all independent artists now.  All the genres are still there.  You just have to put forth the energy to find them.  Pandora/Spotify can be of some help, with their musical genome concept.  They use algorithms to try and find other songs of the same style/sound that you say that you like.  I think Spotify is very hip still (Joe Rogan), but I'm not sure about Pandora.  Do all new artists, even the ones laying down tracks with their Macbooks, get catalogued by Pandora, Spotify, etc.?  I have no idea.  I sometimes wish I didn't listen to all "old" music, but I pretty much do.  What I do know is my local grocery store plays tuneless garbage pop every time I'm in there.  It's mostly churned out by AI with some crappy non-melodic vocal added, and it makes me want to run out screaming.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 07/14/23 at 20:42:43

Myehh,, you nailed it..
I need to expend the effort to find it.
I'm not in the car that much and I don't mind riding in a quiet car. Or the windows down,, it's just not important enough to me.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:20:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Recording studio

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.