Menus motorcycles (Read 181 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Menus motorcycles
05/15/23 at 21:57:40

Has anyone looked into those?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Janus motorcycles
Reply #1 - 05/16/23 at 09:33:53

Well, POOT!!
That blasted spellchecker!!

JANUS,, not menus..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Re: Menus motorcycles
Reply #2 - 05/16/23 at 10:28:30

For what appear to be a hand built bike, they're not as expensive as I thought they would be. Their FAQ says the engine the engine for the smaller bikes are "229cc air-cooled, single-cylinder, 2-valve, pushrod motor from our manufacturer in China". I'm betting it's that Honda clone that's used in all of the 250cc Chinese bikes like the Lifan or Zongshen.

For people who don't know, their website is: https://janusmotorcycles.com/ .

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 05/16/23 at 10:31:16

Yep....you and spellcheck had me looking at this:

https://www.motomenus.com/buy-a-motorcycle1621390802597

The Halycon 450 starts at $14,995!  You can buy a lot more motorcycle than that for 15 grand!

I watched a few YouTube videos......some comments from previous owners said they were glad to get rid of theirs.  The suspension is not good and the seat was as hard as a bleacher was the comments from one previous owner.

I like riding motorcycles that allow you to ride all day and cover some significant mileage, and I would be more likely to spend my money on a bike that wasn't using a Chinese Honda Clone engine and 1920's suspension technology.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 05/16/23 at 10:46:34

The Kawasaki 750 LTD ,vertical twin I had forty years ago was really a good bike. If I could have another, I would.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 05/17/23 at 18:42:39

Jog wrote :  The Kawasaki 750 LTD ,vertical twin I had forty years ago was really a good bike. If I could have another, I would.  

Hay Jog
The Kawasaki W650 I had for a while and now the W800 would be really close the the 750 LTD Twin but a little lighter weight and taller seat.   I tried out one of the 750 LTD Twins one time and remember it being a little heavier than the the W650.    Some times I think ... " I should have just kept the W650"  - It had the rear fender crack thing going on and once I got to changing parts then the "Collector" value would have been gone , so away it went.

I'm waiting on the Super Meteor 650 to come to North America , it should be even more like the Kawasaki LTD 750 in weight , seat height and performance.   The fuel millage should be a lot better too !    The way I understand it is : "Later this summer" ?    Huh

https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/bike-news/royal-enfield-super-meteor-65...

KawasakiW650_2000_001.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/18/23 at 07:34:43

I have a W650, it's got a title issue..
The seat height is a bit more than I'm comfortable with, but it Could get Reupholstered and shaved down.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #7 - 05/18/23 at 19:33:16

I just searched "Hipster" and I got this:

Just another uniform, like the "biker" has a uniform, the "hooligan" uniform, the "racer" uniform, the "tour rider" uniform...  (I'm probably closer to the hipster image than the rest but I'm really not that cool.  lol)  

Also, I'm just having fun with this and not making fun of anyone.  
Smiley

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 05/18/23 at 22:08:30

Gotta have girly tight pants to be a hipster.      Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 05/18/23 at 22:24:26

1 jug
1 headlight
1 mirror
and the only thing of size on her is the ponytail.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 05/18/23 at 23:05:58

Hand-crafted details
Bulletproof ™ 229cc Engine
Industry-leading 4 year factory warranty
Starts at $8800.

Uniform not included

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #11 - 05/19/23 at 04:14:12

I think it is great that Janus has a following and can make motorcycles and sell them.....the bike just isn't one that works for the way I ride.  The bikes don't have enough power to ride on the rural and mountain roads or highways, and the suspension is too primitive to provide comfort. Their marketing department needs to focus on the folks that will buy what they make....and I get that.

The same folks that buy the Janus will likely move up to the Ducati Scrambler or BMW R NineT......nice bikes that are probably fun to ride - but just don't appeal to me in a way that I would buy one.  

« Last Edit: 05/19/23 at 14:42:19 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 05/19/23 at 13:22:58

Devo

De Evolution

Going backward

Waay to $$$$$

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 05/19/23 at 14:55:33

I went by the Harley dealer today to get some chrome polish for my neighbor........I figured Harley knows more about polishing chrome than anybody else!

I saw the new Sportster lineup - wow what a change!  They have 3 models....one with a high pipes and two with low pipes.  One with mid foot controls, the others are forward mounted.  They have a new "Revolution" engine that is water cooled.

I asked the guy in the shop if they still go "Potato, potato, potato"?  He said the engine is rattly and he didn't like them.....it may be he is not able to adapt to change and it might be a great engine - I dunno.  Perhaps Harley is responding to the Indian Scout engine.  The Sportster engine is the same one used in the Pan America although a smaller size.  The salesman said the tuning varies from 90HP in the 975cc version to over 120 HP in the 1250.

Those sure are some "Phat" tires!

Sportster.jpg

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #14 - 05/19/23 at 17:02:08

I think of Janus as art.  Form over function.  The people who buy them see them as functional art.  It's not the motorcycle, it's the culture, it's the uniform.  That's what Janus is selling.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 04:15:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Menus motorcycles

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.