justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Hear what he says
05/13/23 at 20:03:47

https://twitter.com/i/status/1654829752090329088

I'm entertained no matter what..

I still don't understand why people don't see. Fauci TOLD TRUMP that he was going to encounter a Big Healthcare Problem.. And, he Did!

Pretty fukkin Bold assertion, innit?

It's almost as if he Knew what was in the pipeline..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Hear what he says
Reply #1 - 05/13/23 at 22:06:38

What people reference, usually inaccurately, is the statements made at the Georgetown University forum on pandemic preparedness.  I imagine comments about pandemics would be heard at a forum for pandemic preparedness.

I thought I would bring that perspective of my experience in five administrations to the topic today, is the issue of pandemic preparedness. And if there's one message that I want to leave with you today based on my experience is that there is no question that there will be a challenge to the coming administration in the arena of infectious diseases ... both chronic infectious diseases in the sense of already ongoing disease ... but also there will be a surprise outbreak, and I hope by the end my relatively short presentation you will understand why history, the history of the last 32 years that I've been the director of the NAIAD, will tell the next administration that there's no doubt in anyone's mind that they will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with.

This happened just before Trump was inaugurated, so I would say he did not TELL TRUMP, as much as he was informing a pandemic response forum what the upcoming Administration should expect.

To be clear I think a human, not all, but myself certainly can acknowledge where and when Fauci said things, take those statements in context given the location, people in the room, and the constant of space and time on a forward moving continuum, and also not think Fauci is GOD.

Nothing about my post indicates, in any way, that there is support, of any kind, for Fauci and his actions.  My statements are only and in exclusivity, providing information as to what words were said, at what timeframe, and in what location and context.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 05/14/23 at 07:23:15

Now it’s Defense’, of Fauci.

Trump was elected in 2016,
BEFORE he was inaugurated, Fauci TOLD HIM
“…  but also there will be a surprise outbreak …”

Please explain why you do not believe Fauci,
Eegore wrote on 05/13/23 at 22:06:38:
 "... I would say he did not TELL TRUMP..."

When Fauci  said,
THREE YEARS + BEFORE,

“…there will be a surprise outbreak …”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 05/14/23 at 07:24:06

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-warn-surprise-outbreak/
NAIAD director Dr. Anthony Fauci warned in January 2017 that the Trump administration would face a surprise infectious disease outbreak.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/14/23 at 08:08:15

Now it’s Defense’, of Fauci.

Incorrect.  I've never defended Fauci, you refuse to acknowledge providing information on a topic is not equal to supporting it. It's like me claiming you are defending gun control when you provide accurate breakdowns of how restrictive gun laws work.  

"Please explain why you do not believe Fauci,
Eegore wrote on Yesterday at 22:06:38:
"... I would say he did not TELL TRUMP..."

Because he was addressing a panel at Georgetown, not Trump.  He TOLD the panel.  The content was about the incoming Administration which does include Trump, in regard to what they should expect.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/14/23 at 08:10:49

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-warn-surprise-outbreak/
NAIAD director Dr. Anthony Fauci warned in January 2017 that the Trump administration would face a surprise infectious disease outbreak.

From JoG's source:  

"seemingly warned that the incoming president"

This image did reflect a genuine article, published on Jan. 11, 2017 (nine days before Trump's inauguration),

Dr. Fauci's comments were made during a Georgetown University forum on pandemic preparedness

Looks like information that says exactly what I did.

Are you guys so defensive you can't acknowledge I posted information SUPPORTING JoG's post?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 05/14/23 at 09:14:00

No,just showing the lefty site even agreed. Just fewer wurdds
My point is the Obvious takeaway.
Fauci was involved in the development of the WuHu flu and it was intentional. He said that Even with the risk of a pandemic Gain of Function research is worth it.
And Nobody has cornered that little piece of nuts and made him explain exactly what value Is GOF research.. IDK what anyone else calls GOF, but I call it Bioweapon development.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 05/14/23 at 10:14:53

Given the use of GOF, including weaponization I would agree that the benefits are pretty substantial.

GoF is applying selective pressure to a culture to create serial passaging of microorganisms.  This does a lot of things I won't bother to go into but if we ever want predictive gene therapy, or gene-based mitigation of disease like things from CRISPR, we need GoF.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 05/14/23 at 12:42:10

You obviously know Stuff I don't.
The questions I would ask would probably be a PITA to answer typing.
I'll try to make it easy, but if it's too involved to answer, just tell me..

Do you see GOF research on dangerous organisms as reasonable?
If the research is likely to create an organism that is deadly, is that still a good idea?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 05/14/23 at 15:59:18

I look at this a lot like I look at nuclear power.

That alone would solve planetary power supply, but if something goes wrong, it really goes wrong.

Do I support nuclear power?  Absolutely I do, and even more so I support the recycling of nuclear waste, even though there is plenty of harm to be had if something goes wrong.

Uranium can be weaponized, just a GoF viral agents can be weaponized.

GoF, to me, works the same way.  The benefits outweigh the risk.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 05/14/23 at 19:34:31

I agree on nuclear, I'm not informed enough to argue gof. It's scary to me. More than nukular.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 05/14/23 at 21:21:15

One thing to consider is that GoF is not all that bad as a process, until it is started on very lethal cultures.  GoF could be a rather harmless process if it was utilized on safer viral components.  So the issue is what is GoF being used for.

The problem there is that there isn't a lot of value in predicting the future growth of a virus that doesn't kill anyone.

It's like spending a ton of money on studying solar.  Sure it's safer, but you won't launch those satellites used to study solar impact by using solar panels.  At some point you need those more dangerous fuel sources to get somewhere worthwhile.

You need really dangerous fuel sources to sustain the demand.

You need to study really dangerous viruses to predict deadly virus behavior.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 12:33:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Hear what he says

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.