Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Harley-Davidson X350
03/18/23 at 07:34:35

Harley-Davidson Is Bringing a Made-in-China Motorcycle to the U.S., But it's Not What You Think
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/harley-davidson-bringing-made-china-190000066.html

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Harley-Davidson X350
Reply #1 - 03/18/23 at 08:09:30

Hay !    Tubeless wheels , Nice Lines , Just enough HP , Looks to me like they have a WINNER !    

The liquid cooled turns me off on it.  
But
I'll think they could sell a bunch of them !!  Cool

Actually , a 500cc version would make me wonder : If being Liquid cooled  really matters ?   Smiley

I think we need a Benelli dealer in the USA and Harley is shooting themselves in the foot .  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/18/23 at 08:56:14

MMRanch wrote on 03/18/23 at 08:09:30:
The liquid cooled turns me off on it.  
But

Actually , a 500cc version would make me wonder : If being Liquid cooled  really matters ?   Smiley

Liquid cooling is pretty much required when you want the kind of performance modern motorcycles provide - while meeting current emission requirements.

Liquid cooling allows the builder to increase the HP and MPG  and comply with emission and noise limits - while still providing an engine that will last a very long time.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 03/18/23 at 09:34:19

Yes but if H/D survives another 50 years those will be collectors items. All of H/D side lines have all become collectible. I had heard about a 350. Priced right they will sell , but purists are gonna be pissed off and have dead purists rolling over in their graves. What’s next Harley ? I’m wondering if over at the Indian camp they are pondering the move or laughing their as$es off !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 03/18/23 at 09:55:38

Liquid cooling and fuel injection go hand in hand. Yes it’s all about emissions but stable engine temp allows for super precise fuel injection = horse power.
The use of multiple thermostats in a cooling a cooling system and ability to modulate the engine fan on and off is also in an effort to keep engine temp at a constant. Like it or not it’s here to stay.

Note:My stable has none of that , all air cooled and all carbureted.

Note:Yet

« Last Edit: 03/18/23 at 23:42:08 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 03/19/23 at 00:11:13

Harley has made at least 2 new racing classes 350 flat track and road racing. Now competing with H/D is Royal Enfield , think it’s from China the price has to be cheaper than a R/E to sell a bunch. I’ll go bug the guys at the stealership about the new Chinese model. Ask them if I can purchase online , maybe get them faster that way , assemble it by myself. Cut out all those bull$hit fees at the stealership. A friend of a friend works there and doesn’t know me , time for some fun.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 03/19/23 at 10:35:32

Engine has similar design to the Honda that has been built in 250;300,350,500 cc. So what we have here is a Chinese Honda Clone with
Harley Davidson flags. As I recall didn’t they use the single Buell in their riding programs and a year later they began selling them. H/D testing the waters with some at home testing & R and D with a foreign built product.
They are using a loophole in the law for importing for testing & possible promotion for “future” product. I figure 1 to 2 years for American market.
Just you watch.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 03/19/23 at 13:59:42

Harley should have made a deal with the Royal Enfield folks.  Their 350-J motor is a 72mm x 86mm long stroking 6000 rpm-ish red line ,two valve , 20-ft/lbs. air cooled motor that would fit right in with the Harley bunch.  

But

A 500cc motor is a more "Real" world power level mid size.  

I did get 80mpg out of my 350J-RE on the last fill-up.   But it's like a old Ford Falcon I had years ago with the 160ci motor , it can supply transportation but the power level ain't nothing to write home about.

Still , a 500cc version of that 350 in the picture with a friendly price would get me to wondering "Do I have the RIGHT BIKE ?" .   I like my RE Meteor but a little more HP would be good.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 03/19/23 at 17:56:46

There are some interesting mid-sized bikes of late and more coming, and I’m looking forward to seeing them.  This will be fun.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 03/19/23 at 23:38:11

Ya Lancer ,

I'm getting over 200 miles to the tank full on either of my machines now .   The newer ones do seem a little bit better than they used to be.   And no more vibrating either !  

TrevorKlein

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/29/23 at 04:01:54

Let's see what gonna we have now....hope so it'd be better experience.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 16:47:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Harley-Davidson X350

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.