Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Old TV series showing up on Tubi, Hulu, etc. (Read 34 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Old TV series showing up on Tubi, Hulu, etc.
03/02/23 at 00:24:14

I read a review feed on recent additions to some of the on demand services running old TV series after AI restoration, these were old TV programs that were ranked up for current relevance and "modern enough" looks.

One of the ones that ranked up near the top was the old sci-fi series Babylon 5.  This chestnut was a sci-fi series that got originally run out of episode order on a couple of different networks due to regional licensing issues that took place in the historical past.

Tubi has cleaned the stuff up and put the episodes back in proper order and is running it as four full seasons of an on demand feed series.

My my my, it all makes better sense now --- the plot points covered aren't all scrambled up now and the acting seems to be better now as the episodes build on each other logically much better.

The graphic effects are still pretty good and haven't aged so badly at all.   Several really big animated models of the space station were built and these were used all through the series so it has a higher class of look and feel for a TV series.

Tubi as a channel is free and Babylon 5 hasn't been shown anywhere in over 10 years now, so it is perhaps worth a lookie see for you to watch it in proper order to find out what you missed out on back when it first ran all disjointed way back in 1993.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
J Mac

Laissez Les Bon
Temps Roulez

Louisiana, USA
Re: Old TV series showing up on Tubi, Hulu, etc.
Reply #1 - 03/02/23 at 17:19:30

I never saw an episode.  Maybe I should give it a shot.  I hate commercials, though, especially all the drug ones now.  If I had the TV choices we have now when I was a kid, I'd have been up all night every night.  Actually, I'm glad I only had the 3 networks, a couple Canadian channels, and a handful of UHF channels.

“These go to 11.” --Nigel Tufnel
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #2 - 03/02/23 at 20:41:45

being an oddball, this old show puts me to sleep every night, was the longest running show on BBC, now running in Canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGkk8tI9nHw&list=PLiZCl6XIGf-iB-1aUdtmX7LEaMn...

Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #3 - 03/03/23 at 21:18:11

I have had the entire show on dvd for some time.  Unfortunately it is the original video quality as broadcast.  But I have been a big Babylon 5 fan fan since it originally aired.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 22:33:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Old TV series showing up on Tubi, Hulu, etc.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.