Send Topic Print
Not rhetorical (Read 158 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Not rhetorical
02/28/23 at 02:22:53

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Not rhetorical
Reply #1 - 02/28/23 at 08:30:28

Yeah,, not so easy, izzit?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/28/23 at 11:08:50

What's the acceptable timeframe for people to respond to your posts?  Are we now down to about 6hrs?

The difference here is that the US didn't have a pipeline.  

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 02/28/23 at 12:50:09

Yes, cancelling the Keystone Pipeline had an adverse effect on the economy and likely would have had a material effect on the supply of oil in the US.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 02/28/23 at 12:52:23

Eegore wrote on 02/28/23 at 11:08:50:
 "...   The difference here is that the US didn't have a pipeline.  

United States
   ATEX Pipeline
   Big Inch
   Buckeye Partners
   Calnev Pipeline
   Chaparral NGL Pipeline
   Colonial Pipeline
   Dakota Access Pipeline
   Dixie Pipeline
   Double H Pipeline
   Dow Pipeline Company
   Enbridge Pipeline System
   Enterprise Products
   Jayhawk and Kaw Pipelines
   Keystone Pipeline (XL phase halted in January 2021, XL phase terminated in June 2021)
   Lakehead Pipeline
   Line 3 pipeline
   Longhorn Pipeline
   Magellan Midstream Partners
   Mahadeva Pipeline
   Mariner East Pipelines
   Mid-America Pipeline System
   Minnesota Pipeline
   North Dakota Pipeline
   Olympic Pipeline
   Plantation Pipeline
   Pilgrim Pipeline (proposed)
   Pony Express Pipeline
   Seaway Pipeline
   Seminole Pipeline
   Trans-Alaska Pipeline System
   Trans Mountain Pipeline
   Unev Pipeline
   Yellowstone Pipeline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oil_pipelines#United_States

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 02/28/23 at 13:05:37

Eegore wrote on 02/28/23 at 11:08:50:
 What's the acceptable timeframe for people to respond to your posts?  Are we now down to about 6hrs?

The difference here is that the US didn't have a pipeline.  

You,, YOU interpreted what I said how You wanted. Four had looked,, and said nothing.. Kiss it,dude,,I don't care what you say any more.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/28/23 at 19:11:49

You,, YOU interpreted what I said how You wanted. Four had looked,, and said nothing.. Kiss it,dude,,I don't care what you say any more.

Incorrect, 3 views were mine.  I keep trying to show you that the "views" are NOT unique.  I'm trying to inform you that the views you keep thinking are humans looking are not humans - you are upset over an event that never happened.

Again I will show you, and again you might claim incorrectly every view is a different person.  Do you think over 100 different people viewed this thread in the time it took me to type this?  Over 100 views are on this thread in less than a minute.

« Last Edit: 02/28/23 at 20:29:17 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 02/28/23 at 19:16:53

Yes, cancelling the Keystone Pipeline had an adverse effect on the economy and likely would have had a material effect on the supply of oil in the US.

I agree with this, however comparing an actual pipeline moving actual oil is not the same as comparing it to what might have been.  The comparison is poor.  It's like asking if bombing Russian military bases damages their military why doesn't bombing future locations where there are no military bases in the US damage our military?

It does, but nowhere near the same way.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 02/28/23 at 22:27:55

You needed to see it three times? Howboutthat! Aaand I Still don't care what you said

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 02/28/23 at 22:30:31

So the construction on a pipeline that that demented pervert shut down that would have benefited the economy just doesn't work in your mind?
You don't need to answer, I don't care

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/01/23 at 05:23:38

"You needed to see it three times? Howboutthat! Aaand I Still don't care what you said"

Your caring doesn't change math.  If you want to be upset over an event on this forum that never happened go ahead.  I am just pointing out that views here are NOT unique to anyone that thinks every view comes from a different member.

So the construction on a pipeline that that demented pervert shut down that would have benefited the economy just doesn't work in your mind?
You don't need to answer, I don't care

Incorrect.  If you use the words I actually said you would gain a more accurate interpretation.

The economy is inhibited by shutting down the "planning" and "building" of the Keystone pipeline.  The comparison of a planned pipeline to an existing operational one is poor.

The comparison is poor.  The economical impacts are not the same, they absolutely do exist, but are significantly different.  

If the comparison were towards an existing pipeline of similar volume and economic value, then it would be more accurate.  Again only the comparison example is poor, it's a weak attempt to point out a valid issue.

« Last Edit: 03/01/23 at 06:44:49 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 03/01/23 at 07:10:15

Not gonna' look it up again, but I think tRump got 8% of the pipeline completed in his 4 years.... another 10 or 12 might show results.
...and it's not fuel grade oil.

Eegore,... am I close?

Having a lazy day...................................... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 03/01/23 at 10:11:43

"Not gonna' look it up again, but I think tRump got 8% of the pipeline completed in his 4 years.... another 10 or 12 might show results.
...and it's not fuel grade oil.
"

Yeah well the details tend to not be important.  I was having this discussion the other day with a guy that didn't even know the expansion wasn't built yet.  He was sure they shut down oil passing through actial pipes.  

The fuel grade oil is debatable as it can be refined at-destination.  To me the issue is that the 830,000 a day at peak transfer would be under 1% of total.  It would mean jobs, but not lower gas prices, there just isn't enough refined going through.

None of that matters though if comparing things that haven't happened to things that have happened is how we are supposed to assess this.  This is why pictures like this work so well, they over-simplify a subject.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/02/23 at 05:19:31

The harm with the Keystone cancellation was the signal it sent that this administration will be anti-business. Now you leftists can argue that all you want but the leaders of my company (and we are the top in our industry) correctly interpreted that action was a sign of things to come and made adjustments knowing how this administration would act. And we’re not the only ones smart enough to understand that.

Get this through your head. Net zero will never happen. We cannot rely on renewables to supply our energy needs today or in the future. It’s impossible. It’s not that it’s technologically challenging, it’s impossible. Stop pretending otherwise. We will transition to all electric vehicles for most transportation needs, but we’re not going to do it with windmills and solar panels. We’re going to do it with nuclear power. The longer we wait, the more inevitable Brownouts and service disruptions across the country will occur. They’re already occurring in certain areas. And ridiculous people like Biden and other Democrats who are just stupid and unintelligent when it comes to energy,  are going to make us all suffer. They won’t suffer, but we will.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/02/23 at 05:25:16

The harm with the Keystone cancellation was the signal it sent that this administration will be anti-business.

I agree that this is the primary impact of that decision.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:41:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Not rhetorical

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.