Oversize Battery Cover (Read 24 times)
Needles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AR
Oversize Battery Cover
11/07/22 at 15:59:12

When I got my Savage, back in July, It had a brand new battery. Though it slid into the battery box, it stuck out about 3-4 cm on the right side. I didn't realize that until I got a battery cover for it. I couldn't find the chrome toolbox part that goes on it anyway. It dawned on me last week that the only things holding the battery in was the cables. Anyway, I got a couple of sheets of thin  stainless steel  sheet, made a template out of printer paper, cut it out with some center cut metal snips, and bent it into shape. My bends are not clean nor sharp--- I don't have a sheet metal bending jig. I did the bends by clamping a piece of steel flat bar stock and bending by hand. It's not perfect, but it looks better than the battery sticking out. Wink

BatteryCover.jpg
  IP Logged
Needles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AR
Re:  Oversize Battery Cover
Reply #1 - 11/07/22 at 16:03:17

Here's my paper template with the measurements I took. I'd say work with the paper if you decide to do something like this until you get it really close--- you'll nick yourself a lot less. The thinner section in the center goes on top, and It's long enough to cut strips to bend into "claws" that hook into the two slots on the top of the battery box..

Template.jpg
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 12:16:50

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Oversize Battery Cover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.