Send Topic Print
Left Side Cover, 2000 (Read 156 times)
Michael Moore

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

In the fog of San Francisco
Re: Left Side Cover, 2000
Reply #15 - 07/10/24 at 14:20:15

I scanned the RH cover today so you can have both of them to try to replicate.

SavageRHcover.jpg
WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #16 - 07/10/24 at 14:47:14

Buy a used one on E.Bay and paint it your favorite flavor of cherry red.  One bike I bought, the dude must have been a carpenter or wood carver.  It looked like crap, but I bet he was proud of it!

IP Logged
Michael Moore

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/10/24 at 21:52:54

Where's the fun in just buying one when you can have a project that will take you days and cost you XXX% more?   Smiley

After all, you've been changing carburetors and exhausts and stuff on your bike when you could just buy one of the new Ducati Hyper singles for $13K and avoid all the fooling around.

WWW   IP Logged
Michael Moore

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/10/24 at 22:00:07

I sent the STL's for both covers to Greg.  They probably need some tweaking before they are printed and if he does that he can post those versions here or I can host them on my website if they are too large.  If he doesn't have any luck cleaning them up then I'll put the raw files on my motoconstructor.com website to share for anyone who might want to fiddle with them.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #19 - 07/11/24 at 05:10:22

Michael Moore wrote on 07/10/24 at 21:52:54:
Where's the fun in just buying one when you can have a project that will take you days and cost you XXX% more?   Smiley

After all, you've been changing carburetors and exhausts and stuff on your bike when you could just buy one of the new Ducati Hyper singles for $13K and avoid all the fooling around.

Naaa.  $70 for a PWK38 carb, air filter, and jets needed to get the bike running, and I have a $40 dyna muffler in my back pocket for later.  The SuperTrapp muffler came off a parts bike - I had to understand how that thing worked.  It got sold on E.Bay.

A simplified battery box would be cool while your messin’ with side covers!  Or how about ONE big side cover for everything!?  Put it on a swinging gate with a keyless latch!  Paint it black of course and put a #69 on it!

Sorry.  I’m a bit punchy and bitchy.  No power for 3 days now following Hurricane Beryl.  Trying to get by with a small generator and small window AC unit when the heat index is like 105°!  Finally getting a little better cell phone service back and ability to communicate with the outside world!

IP Logged
LPHRN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/11/24 at 09:17:09

Well, I for one am very excited with the work that is being done here by Michael Moore and Thumper Paul.

Can't wait to see this happen.  I'll bet a lot of us need a left side cover.

IP Logged
Meads69
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 07/16/24 at 08:19:16

I got the files that were sent to me I just haven't had time to sit down and mess with them to get them to a cleaned up file to try a test print.   I'm going to try and get to them later this week.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/07/24 at 18:17:42

General CategoryThe Marketplace › Left Side Cover, 2000

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.