MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Baldwin FBI report
Reply #75 - 08/16/23 at 17:08:08

Serowbot wrote on 08/16/23 at 16:42:20:
"... Just like children with plastic toys or cocked fingers on a playground  ..."

You are so incredibly, Clueless !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 10/19/23 at 13:15:09

More evidence that from a prosecution standpoint they are not willing to let Baldwin walk without trial.

New Mexico prosecutors intend to re-charge actor Alec Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter in connection with the fatal 2021 “Rust” shooting, two sources familiar with the matter told NBC News.

One of the sources told NBC News that after further investigation, prosecutors no longer believe the gun had been modified and have found new evidence that they believe connects Baldwin to recklessness around safety standards on the set.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/alec-baldwin-may-face-involuntary-mansla...

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #77 - 10/19/23 at 18:48:51

Eegore wrote on 10/19/23 at 13:15:09:
 More evidence that from a prosecution standpoint they are not willing to let Baldwin walk without trial.

Let's see what happens !!!!!!!

Baldwin will walk !!!!!!!
He KISSED/s the correct Azzes.

He paid off civil suits.

He will WALK !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 10/19/23 at 20:20:01

The evidence is the Prosecution, and only the Prosecution with the exemption of all other known entities, the Prosecution in exclusivity and only the Prosecution are not willing to let Baldwin walk.

This is in contrast to the claims otherwise.

As for the civil suits, it requires both sides agree, so yeah he paid them off, and they accepted.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #79 - 10/20/23 at 04:59:13

I always go back to the case of a police woman who accidentally grabbed her gun instead of her taser. It was an accident. And they prosecuted her and she’s in jail. I see no difference with Baldwin. It was an accident. One was a political prosecution because there’s no way they should’ve put that woman in jail. But you killed a black man. The Baldwin situation is a political fight over prosecution.

Honestly, I wouldn’t charge Baldwin, but I wouldn’t have charged the police woman either. Accidents happen. Should Baldwin have checked the gun himself personally? Sure, maybe. I don’t know, I’m not an actor who been in thousands movie and fired hundreds of fake guns. Does every actor check every single gun? I doubt it. For one thing, they act of checking the gun by inexperienced user, could likely damage it. In the movie, the Hunt for red October, when Baldwin shoots the traitorous cook on a submarine, did he check that gun?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #80 - 10/20/23 at 05:51:44

Should Baldwin have checked the gun himself personally? Sure, maybe. I don’t know, I’m not an actor who been in thousands movie and fired hundreds of fake guns. Does every actor check every single gun? I doubt it.

They don't.  I've done some research into this and it is not common for actors to check weapons.  I was more on board with every human that uses a real/active/useable firearm should follow the basic safety rules, but after visiting a few film sets and discussing this with actual film armorers, this appears to be very implausible.  Actors will point firearms at other humans all the time, and they not all go through shooter safety courses and receive training for every firearm type they will handle.  The responsibility will fall on the expert in that field.  It's like expecting all actors to also know set lighting, cinematography and set sound design.

For that matter in many, many, as in hundreds, of the exercises I have ran over the years we unsafely handle firearms by universal standard of conduct since we use real/active/useable firearms in CCW and CQB drills.  The standard we use is the elimination of all ammunition from the training area, and the isolated handling of firearms by dedicated armorers.  

For instance when a human arrives with a firearm they must have emptied and pre-cleared the weapon.  It is handed off to an armorer who will distribute and collect the weapon for all exercises.  They are responsible for making sure every weapon remains empty during drills.

"But somebody could put live ammo in when you aren't looking!!"  This is true.  Someone looking to commit murder could do this at any time at any exercise we ever do.  This I like saying a human could turn around and shoot people at a shooting range.  The point is we point weapons at people and we use third party experts as the primary safety feature.

Filming should have stopped as soon as some members of the crew went out shooting live ammo at the end of the day.  That, in my mind, is the single largest contributing factor here.  Live ammo allowed anywhere on set, and loose weapons.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #81 - 10/20/23 at 06:45:19

WebsterMark wrote on 10/20/23 at 04:59:13:
I always go back to the case of a police woman who accidentally grabbed her gun instead of her taser. It was an accident. And they prosecuted her and she’s in jail. I see no difference with Baldwin. It was an accident. One was a political prosecution because there’s no way they should’ve put that woman in jail. But you killed a black man. The Baldwin situation is a political fight over prosecution.

Honestly, I wouldn’t charge Baldwin, but I wouldn’t have charged the police woman either. Accidents happen. Should Baldwin have checked the gun himself personally? Sure, maybe. I don’t know, I’m not an actor who been in thousands movie and fired hundreds of fake guns. Does every actor check every single gun? I doubt it. For one thing, they act of checking the gun by inexperienced user, could likely damage it. In the movie, the Hunt for red October, when Baldwin shoots the traitorous cook on a submarine, did he check that gun?

Ditto on both

And I have been on several film sets using guns, and an actor checking a gun would be a no no.  The armorer would have to recheck it.  The armorer is the authority, you don't second guess him... or her
If Baldwin has any responsibility it's in the hiring of the armorer... but she does have credential of being the daughter of an armorer and it might be assumed she's had the benefit of his training.

Prosecution didn't get the result they wanted from their first expert, so they found another one.  But that don't cancel out the first one.  His testimony will still hold weight, and more weight because he clearly gave his unbiased by siding with defense against the hopes of the lawyers that hired him.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #82 - 10/23/23 at 09:01:14

Serowbot wrote on 10/20/23 at 06:45:19:
"... If Baldwin has any responsibility it's in the hiring of the armorer...
but she does have credential of being the daughter of an armorer
and it might be assumed she's had the benefit of his training.

So if one's Father is a Brain Surgeon, A Rocket Scientist, or a Race Motorcycle Driver,  one is to, ASSUME, the prodigy knows that thing.
They, Don't, have to PROVE it ?

Oh wait, PROOF, of something does NOT matter, when someone with a agenda, TELLS YOU, their is no Proof and/or Proof does NOT matter !

"...In a statement from his attorney, Matthew Hutchins also said he would be named an executive producer of the film, which would resume filming in January "with all the original principal players on board."..."

Was Hutchins, originally the 'executive producer of the film', or was that part of the (unknown details), settlement ?

Baldwin, will PAY off Morrissey and Lewis.
And I believe he will WALK !

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #83 - 10/23/23 at 09:51:07

I think you’re right, he will walk. Celebrity has its privileges.
But I think he will be sued repeatedly in civil court, and he’s gonna have to cough up some money because……. celebrity doesn’t always have its privileges.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/01/24 at 12:44:33

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Baldwin FBI report

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.