Send Topic Print
Robot skin,,seriously.. (Read 38 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Robot skin,,seriously..
06/10/22 at 22:59:33

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-made-this-creepy-as-heck-living-...

I'm almost surprised.. But, I've seen some really neat stuff, like growing an ear on a n animals back and the like. I guess this was gonna get done one day. I call this very exciting.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Robot skin,,seriously..
Reply #1 - 06/11/22 at 18:10:52

Why ?

Missing something ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 06/12/22 at 03:06:10

Well, with the great stuff they have been building, they will be able to build a robot that has skin,,so, I guess they will need clothes? Sunscreen?
Can you imagine taking your robot fishing and the stupid thing gets a sunburn?

I'm thinking prosthetics, maybe they will be able to take a skin sample and use it to get the new skin to color match?
They make some great prosthetics now,,haven't seen a rubber band on a hook in years.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 06/15/22 at 14:32:29

I'm surprised that more aren't really excited by this. Imagine having a prosthetic and wanting to dress in t shirt and shorts, but you know how people stare,how cool would it be to not have that brilliantly designed and built robotic part just sticking out? I think this is so cool. It won't affect me or anyone I know, but it looks like a real step forward for a lot of people. Whoever did this, WOW!!
Then, what about the way robotics are coming along? The field has come so far in the last twenty years. Aaand!! Aaand!! The electric car owners can get a robot to push when they run out of electrons and it would look like a Real Boy,, or, mehh,, instead of having the butler push,get the Bot built to be a woman, providing they can find a robot manufacturer who is also a biologist to build it. How cool would it be to have a human appearing French Maid pushing the Tesla at thirty MPH to the next charging station?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 22:59:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Robot skin,,seriously..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.