Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Can you still find non ethanol? (Read 119 times)
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Can you still find non ethanol?
06/06/22 at 15:03:22

The town closest to me had only one station that sold non ethanol gasoline, and the can't get it now, and claim that it's unavailable in the U.S. now.  I like to run it, but have had to fill up with ethanol blend lately. I was just wondering if any of you can still find the ethanol free gasoline.  I know I have to run what I can get in town, but was just curious, if it's really unavailable.  I have saw videos of people mixing water with ethanol blend gas ,in a container with a valve on the bottom, and then draining the water and ethanol out of the bottom of the container , but I don't think it's worth the hassle. Have any of you bdid this?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Can you still find non ethanol?
Reply #1 - 06/06/22 at 20:02:27

Murphy's in Longview Texas has it. Did last time I saw,,it's More expensive,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 06/07/22 at 02:56:15

I was just in TN/NC and there were plenty of stations that offered ethanol free fuel as an option.....there are lots of motorcycles in the area who don't mind paying extra for good fuel.  The person that told you it wasn't available in the US anymore was wrong - although it could be that they don't want to carry it anymore or their distributor isn't going to haul a small amount of gasoline for just their delivery.

Mixing water and gasoline is a fools game......the gasoline does keep some of the water in suspension - that is not something I want in my engine or steel fuel tank.

If you check the Puregas website you may be able to find another station in your area.https://www.pure-gas.org/

The local boat Marinas here carry 91 Octane gasoline without ethanol.  But you need to take a fuel can as you can't ride the bike out onto the dock.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/07/22 at 13:28:56

Thanks

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #4 - 06/08/22 at 20:23:06

I live near a large lake with lots of powerboats. Right across the street from the lake is a station that sells non-ethanol.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 06/08/22 at 23:59:16

And, since the Mechanic in Chief has decided to dictate 15% ethanol, you might shop for some non ethanol, to blend. Some people don't think most cars and small engines will tolerate it well.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/09/22 at 03:28:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/08/22 at 23:59:16:
And, since the Mechanic in Chief has decided to dictate 15% ethanol, you might shop for some non ethanol, to blend. Some people don't think most cars and small engines will tolerate it well.

Modern fuel injected cars (especially Flex Fuel models) driven regularly will handle the 15% fine - engines with carbs will hate it.  Storing an engine with ethanol laced fuel for any length of time can corrode aluminum and rust steel when the fuel absorbs enough moisture from the air to cause phase separation.

The Ethanol fuel scam is such a farce - even more so now that fertilizer is going to be in short supply and continued drought is forecast for the western states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-yDKeya4SU&t=15s

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 06/09/22 at 04:59:44

I think the whole thing is a loser.
Food production acreage wasted.
Water,to raise it and cook it down, not just a few gallons,
Diesel for tractors,harvesters,fertilizer
IDK if farmers are getting subsidies, but I wouldn't doubt it.
I don't believe it is remotely a good idea.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #8 - 06/09/22 at 10:56:32

if you have a small airport near you, 100LL AvGas has no ethanol and is formulated to be stored for a minimum of 2 years. I store all of my carb'd bikes with 100LL for the winter and as a result, I haven't cleaned a carb in years (with the exception of newly acquired bikes).

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 06/09/22 at 11:28:37

I’m not for sure , but I think here in CA unless your buying race fuel , all others are at least 10%. I have noticed since that war started or gas don’t smell like gas maybe smells like thinner of some sort. It maybe they changed to summer blend. But it smells weird. I’ll check the next few fill ups and check ethanol %. I know some states have E85 I guess it’s 15% ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 06/10/22 at 08:11:40

Ruttly wrote on 06/09/22 at 11:28:37:
But it smells weird. I’ll check the next few fill ups and check ethanol %. I know some states have E85 I guess it’s 15% ?

E85 is 85% ethanol and only 15% gas.....it can only be run in Flex Fuel engines.  (It most likely has the 15% gas so you can get the engine to start....race engines that use 100% ethanol require a shot of gasoline to get the engine started).

E10 is 10% ethanol and what most of us have available at the pump.
E15 is 15% ethanol and I anticipate will be bad for any equipment that is dormant for a while (lawn equipment, chainsaws, etc).

IP Logged
SCS40

Riding again after a
19 year hiatus

Easley, SC
Reply #11 - 06/12/22 at 19:38:22

+1000 on https://www.pure-gas.org/.

There's also an app for both Apple and Android.

2006 S40 Euclase Silver: K&N drop-in, Duracell AGM, Raptor petcock, and ONLY pure gas (E0) https://www.pure-gas.org/ Otherwise Bone Stock and love it!

My Spotify Artist Page: https://open.spotify.c
WWW   IP Logged
Evanswv

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/12/22 at 20:27:18

SCS40 wrote on 06/12/22 at 19:38:22:

Thanks. The pure-gas sight shows 21 County Market, in Ripley WV, and CMart in Cottageville WV as having it.I live in Evans, which is in between the two, but I always bought it in Ripley, because I'm in Ripley a lot. Both places are owned by the same man. Neither place had it, and it was an employee that told me they can't get it  I haven't checked with them since posting this, but I would bet they still aren't getting it, and the pure gas sight hasn't been updated ..

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/12/22 at 20:35:00

I dont think you can find it anywhere in NYC. Sad

IP Logged
SCS40

Riding again after a
19 year hiatus

Easley, SC
Reply #14 - 06/13/22 at 03:02:56

Evanswv wrote on 06/12/22 at 20:27:18:
SCS40 wrote on 06/12/22 at 19:38:22:

Thanks. The pure-gas sight shows 21 County Market, in Ripley WV, and CMart in Cottageville WV as having it.I live in Evans, which is in between the two, but I always bought it in Ripley, because I'm in Ripley a lot. Both places are owned by the same man. Neither place had it, and it was an employee that told me they can't get it  I haven't checked with them since posting this, but I would bet they still aren't getting it, and the pure gas sight hasn't been updated ..

That's the good and bad of the site: it's totally free and user driven. I've found similar, as well as stations that sell E0 and weren't listed. It's really up to us to keep the list current.

The only other suggestion I have is QT if they're in you're area. There's also an app which tells which stations have E0.

I think the other poster is absolutely right on NYC and any other large metro area. Again, you can thank our politicians (and Big Agra) for The Clean Air Act.

2006 S40 Euclase Silver: K&N drop-in, Duracell AGM, Raptor petcock, and ONLY pure gas (E0) https://www.pure-gas.org/ Otherwise Bone Stock and love it!

My Spotify Artist Page: https://open.spotify.c
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:43:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Can you still find non ethanol?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.