Valve adjustment issues (Read 35 times)
Squab
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valve adjustment issues
06/13/22 at 06:30:32

Hey guys,

I've been up and down the topics containing valve adjustment. Watched lots of YouTube videos and I'm still having trouble. I got to tdc, I turned counter clockwise, watched the valves go down in the front then watched the valves go down in the back, then got to the mark. I had no freeplay in the rocker arms at all, I tried 360 more and still don't have freeplay. I believed I was on the right rotation but double checked just to be sure, went back to what I believe to be TDC. No freeplay, adjusted the valves so I could barely get a .005 in there and the .003 slides smooth. Now when I put everything back together the valves are tapping like they never have before.  

The topic I was reading says I probably adjusted while in the wrong revolution but everything I have read and seen makes me think I'm on the right one. What would cause the tapping? Too tight, too loose, made the adjustment on the wrong rotation?

I was at 15k and figured it had never been done, now I'm regretting it because now I can't ride lol.

Any advice?

Thanks

Boston

IP Logged
Squab
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Valve adjustment issues
Reply #1 - 06/13/22 at 06:42:07

https://youtube.com/shorts/DPgW2U_PN0Y?feature=share

Here is the sound, there was absolutely none before, was that because they were too tight?

Thanks again

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Valve adjustment issues
Reply #2 - 06/13/22 at 07:27:41

Squab wrote on 06/13/22 at 06:42:07:
Here is the sound, there was absolutely none before, was that because they were too tight?

Yes, probably.  valve clearance at the wrong TDC is larger so adjusting them there makes them too tight, and no noise.

Also, with 2 valves it's kinda hard to adjust them perfectly equal.  This can make them noisy.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:23:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Valve adjustment issues

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.