Send Topic Print
Lifan Engines (Read 121 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Lifan Engines
06/05/22 at 23:25:42

Anyone here ever had a Lifan engine in anything ? I’m thinking the 250cc 5speed with a starter too will fit in my 1986 Honda Relex tlr200 with minimal retro fitting. Replacing a 200cc with a 250cc and add a happy button all for under $500 shipped. If this fits I will have another epic build on my hands , the chassis is already done. Engine swap,exhaust,intake and carb and sort out the new wiring to the old harness,add happy button and keep it looking stock.

Easy huh !  Grin

« Last Edit: 06/06/22 at 07:29:20 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Lifan Engines
Reply #1 - 06/06/22 at 13:15:17

yea Ruttly

I had a China ATV with the 250 engine.  On the 4 wheeler it was 4 forwards and 1 reverse.    The engine wasn't very powerful for a 250 but it was rock solid for everything else.  No vibration and mild mannered.  I'd have another one with out a second thought.

I also has a 150cc  china dirt bike that was nice , but later got the 200cc version and it was terrible   The 200 was in a legal dirt bike and it had the same bore as the 150 but with a longer stroke.   I don't think they re-balanced it after  increasing the stroke.  Roll Eyes    Whats wrong with some people ?  

Hay I'll sell the DR200 to ya if your thinking Street legal Dual sport ,  I need $2500 for it but its a cut above any of those China bikes , its got 3,000 miles on it now and gets 75-80 mpg.    I'm still thinking RE Meteor but have to clean out the barn before getting one.

This is the motor my ATV had that I think was a very good motor , but a little lacking in power.
https://www.janusmotorcycles.com/product/halcyon-250/?utm_source=facebook&utm...

« Last Edit: 06/06/22 at 18:13:19 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 06/06/22 at 19:00:43

Does the little DR have a happy button ? I really just want to have a happy button on my TLR200. What are the chances of it working ? I bought it anyway , copy of a Honda single , 250cc 5 speed , kick & electric start. I think it was 18/19 H/P , think the stock Honda had 12/13 , more power & a happy button SOLD. Got the Honda copy maybe something will line up. What fun , let the problem solving begin !
Hey MM, Thanks for that exclusive offer.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 06/07/22 at 08:28:42

Oh yea ,

A "HAPPY BUTTON" , is the only means besides push starting it has.

You know how the LS650 slides the tire if ya try to push start it ?   Well the DR200 spins the motor in second gear !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 06/08/22 at 09:02:32

I hope chain alignment and 4 front and lower bolts are all good ,the rest may be a pita but I can deal with it. I completely went thru the bike last year so it’s straight. Simple just replace engine and wire it. The tracker is still on the table so it’s next up but it gonna be awhile.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 06/12/22 at 01:53:11

The Chinese crate thumper arrived yesterday and got it unboxed today Looks like the old TL250 motor but with a starter , 250cc , 2 valve , ohc , 5 speed , 19 H/P. As a Honda they were bulletproof , it’s not a Lifan it’s Zongshen. It’s heavy for its size and it’s lookin too big for that tiny bike.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 06/12/22 at 09:04:32

it’s not a Lifan it’s Zongshen

I would be inspired and comfortable that it's gonna be strong and live long.

Sarc

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #7 - 06/12/22 at 10:06:53

Tanx JOG.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 06/12/22 at 12:31:48

You Know every fastener you can see will rust . Once you decide if it's going to live,you might start changing them out as they start going that way.
I wish you well. And the thing could run for decades.. I'm a bit down, over my Logan bike. Can't even get a service manual. Something sketchy in the electric. Left me stuck over an hour before it decided to run long enough to get home. And I, being the broke down old jakkass I am just can't make myself work on it.
My Guess is the brain..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 06/15/22 at 22:12:02

Problem solving is all done. It won’t fit

For sale: Chinese 250cc 5 speed

Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 06/16/22 at 09:29:55

NuhUhh!! Dangit Duude..

Lifant fair.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #11 - 06/18/22 at 22:37:18

Yeah I think the little 250 thumper will make a fine go kart or golf cart motor. It’s just a little too beefy for the little tlr200. Oh no another go kart project , the last one almost killed me , twice ! Ya know go karts fly.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 06/20/22 at 02:50:08

Ruttly wrote on 06/18/22 at 22:37:18:
Oh no another go kart project , the last one almost killed me , twice ! Ya know go karts fly.

Is it too soon to start working on your mobility scooter? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #13 - 06/20/22 at 18:04:18

Wow, Dave, I was thinking that's a low blow...

But then it hit me, that would make a mobility scooter worthy of Ruttly!!

Brilliant!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 06/20/22 at 20:23:08

I’m ok with it as long as it can jump the railroad tracks. I’ll just build a racing lawn mower but ain’t no way I’ll even utter those words , I’d rather ride a rumba , I wouldn’t have to steer.   Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 11:44:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Lifan Engines

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.