Pick-up coil ?? (Read 89 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Pick-up coil ??
Reply #15 - 07/17/22 at 02:29:46

DragBikeMike wrote on 07/16/22 at 18:40:00:
Looks identical to the stock pickup except I think the wire colors are different.  Don't know if the system is polarity sensitive.  Maybe another forum member has the down-low on that.

meaning of LOWDOWN is the inside facts : dope.

down-low]
ADJECTIVE
US
informal
discreet or secret:
"will James continue his down-low relationship with the high-profile surgeon?

ˈidēəm]
NOUN
a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words (e.g., rain cats and dogs, see the light).
synonyms:
expression · idiomatic expression · turn of phrase · set phrase · fixed expression · phrase · locution
a form of expression natural to a language, person, or group of people:
"he had a feeling for phrase and idiom"
synonyms:
language · mode of expression · style of speech ·

It's after 4 a.m...and my back is givin me grief, and you looked like you could use some, too,, enjoy!

And naturally I don't have a helpful suggestion for your problem. Or I would surely toss it out there.

If your bike runs okay when it's cold but starts running crappy as it warms up, IF it is the pickup coil, then wouldn't you expect the reading to be different? Sounds like you're seeing increased resistance or a cracked connection that slowly gets worse from the heat changing the size and shape of things. A careful inspection might find it. A soldering iron and some flux might fix it.
Consider the source, I'm exhausted and hurting, and have never even looked at the part you're talking about.

How long does it take from it dying till it will run again?
If you know that, then seems like you could troubleshoot it kinda sorta by cooling the coil quickly. If you Can cool it
And it starts and runs right
Then you can trust your thinking a lot more
No?

In electronics they use a spray to cool certain areas of a board,looking for a cracked trace. I hope that is some help.

https://skygeek.com/gc-electronics-19-8410-freeze-mist-12-oz-aerosol-can.html...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 07/17/22 at 14:05:34

@ DragbikeMike, I appreciate you taking time to post the photos and the detailed posts.   Thanks to JOG as well, he is always happy to help too.

I was halfway in and I put in a new stator w/ a pick-up coil today.  It was from china but the quality looked pretty darn good.  The old stator looked  good, but the wires from the pick-up coil didn't look to swell.  They were brown, not sure if they are like that from years of oil or if they were half burnt.  Regardless, the bike is running really well now.  Thanks again!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 07/17/22 at 16:03:40

Yeah, I was Trying to help
Trying to pick on ya
And trying to distract myself from what I was feeling.
After hearing about that knee ,though, I'm a little ashamed of myself. Not the first joint replacement I've heard of that went completely wrong. They wanted to replace my shoulder and I said just patch it up. It doesn't hafta do too much to be better than the rest of my body.
It's not Just that we are getting old. It's the stuff we Just Desperately Needed to Do when we were young and bullet proof.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 15:42:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pick-up coil ??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.