Stutter Fuze Blowing (Read 42 times)
Brandon4d
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Stutter Fuze Blowing
04/30/22 at 14:46:11

Hey everyone,

Baffled over here after a recent issue. The other day rode 20 miles into work no issues. Parked it for 8 hours and headed home. On my way home, 3 or 4 miles into the trip the bike started to stutter and bog as if it was running out of fuel. I pulled over, seemed to idel fine, turned the bike off and attempted to turn it back on.  No lights, horn, nothing.  Got it back to the house and checked the battery, which was reading the correct volts. Found the top 20A fuze was blown.

Swapped out the fuze and everything worked as advertised, lights, and it would start. Gave it some gas in neutral and everything seemed fine, so I called it a day. Today I get on the bike,.expecting it.to be a freak thing, started it up went 300 feet down the road and the same thing happened. Bike bogged out, stuttered, shut off. Looked at the Fuze and of course it's blown.

Any advice or experience with this issue? Anything helps

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Stutter Fuze Blowing
Reply #1 - 04/30/22 at 18:08:45

You gotta short.
the stutter is caused when the short happens and the volts go low.
try to recall what you were doing when it happened... turning, stopping, doing a wheelie... whatever.

WWW   IP Logged
Brandon4d
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Stutter Fuze Blowing
Reply #2 - 04/30/22 at 18:23:08

Thanks for that help brother! Found the issue after days of multi-meter, looking over wires, harnesses, and more wires. I knew it had to be electrical but could not find it.

So, my aftermarket taillight apparently started to rub on my bobber fender. Wouldn't touch when I was off the bike or sitting on it. But it would touch 50% of the time when doing those big wheelies hahah aka hit a bump just right. I found it by starting thr bike, getting mad, and jumping on the seat.....bike blew a fuse haha. Problem solved! darn chaffing and my terrible wire routing lol.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 11:25:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stutter Fuze Blowing

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.