Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Neutral light (Read 29 times)
wiguzziman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Neutral light
04/02/22 at 08:01:14

Got a question for all you electrical wizards out there.  In the process of doing a complete makeover of my 96 Savage I have eliminated both the sidestand switch and the clutch safety switch.  In both cases I made a jumper wire to connect both wires of the now missing switch.  I getting ready to make a dash panel for the bike and in checking out the indicator lights I found that since removing the above mentioned switches the neutral light stays on all the time now. ??  Yes, it worked before the switches were removed.  I tried removing the sidestand switch diode and that made no difference.  Any ideas???  Appreciate the help!!  Carry on!!  wiguzziman

IP Logged
wiguzziman

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Neutral light
Reply #1 - 04/02/22 at 09:34:36

Problem solved!!  For once I solved my own electrical issue.  I was using a test light to probe the plug that used to go to the original dash in the center of the gas tank.  I was going from the plug to a direct ground using the motor.  I found that by grounding the neutral light via the yellow wire in the plug that the neutral light goes out when the tranny is shifted into gear.  Duh??  That's just me and electrical stuff.  Not my strong suit, but I usually get it figured out.  Carry on!!!  wiguzziman

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Neutral light
Reply #2 - 04/02/22 at 11:05:48

Interesting.  Good info.  Thanks for sharing.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/28/24 at 05:00:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Neutral light

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.