Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Steering Stem - bearing outer race removal (Read 113 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Steering Stem - bearing outer race removal
Reply #15 - 03/30/22 at 09:59:34

Thanks,, yeah, I'm sticking with my collection of heavy metal. I get in too much of a bind and I'm not above shaping up and piece of sucker rod and welding it on an old air chisel tool..for a race, but pulling a pressed on bearing? I don't have the right stuff. When I was helping a friend with rear wheel bearings on his Explorer we took it to a mechanic, he blew the seal on the pump,then went to a machine shop. Everyone was watching the pressure building, the guy kept adding to it. When it finally let go the floor, the press, everyone,, jumped. I'm never going to own equipment for that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #16 - 03/31/22 at 00:47:30

Youzguyz, only 222K?  That's all you got out of those rollers?  They just don't make em like they used to.  I guess maybe if you gave em a dollop of grease at like 200K they might have gone the distance.  Cool

Seriously, that's some impressive mileage man.  You are definitely gettin your nickle's worth.  Where in the world do you ride that thing?  I assume it must be your daily driver.  Do you live in a warm climate?

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/31/22 at 02:00:41

DragBikeMike wrote on 03/31/22 at 00:47:30:
Youzguyz, only 222K?  That's all you got out of those rollers?  They just don't make em like they used to.  I guess maybe if you gave em a dollop of grease at like 200K they might have gone the distance.  Cool

Seriously, that's some impressive mileage man.  You are definitely gettin your nickle's worth.  Where in the world do you ride that thing?  I assume it must be your daily driver.  Do you live in a warm climate?

Thanks for the kind words Mike!  Cheesy
My goal is to see how far this thing will go.. if I live that long!

"New" Triple T came in yesterday.  Looks pretty good!

I live in San Antonio, TX, which year round riding.  (Sometimes pretty durned cold and other times dang awfull hot, but tolerable).  
I don't commute to work, and when I did, it was only 5 miles.  Most of my riding is on the weekends.  A bit more lately as I now have afternoons off.. sometimes.  And just day rides, as I have to be home at night.
And all in the Texas Hill Country.  Speaking of which, the great Texas Savage Gathering is on for 04/17 to 04/23.  Should be a HOOT!!  Guess you making it would be .. difficult.  Honolulu..
I was there in the Navy (Barbers Point).. and rode a .. get this.. Suzuki Savage!!!  OK, back then it was a 250cc 2 stroke, the TS250.   Lots of fun going around Kaena Point!  Cheesy

newtrip_001.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #18 - 04/02/22 at 11:01:29

Those must be some major league rides in The Hill Country.  

I was stationed in your hometown when I was in the USAF (1967). Basic training.  Needless to say, I didn't get to see San Antonio, and certainly couldn't have ever afforded a motorcycle ($90 bucks a month pay).  Had the good fortune to return about 15 years ago.  We had a wonderful time touring TX (in a Hyundai).  I am envious as The Hill Country looked to be a great place for some super-fun cruising on two wheels.

No more off-roading around Kaena point.  It's a wildlife sanctuary now.  You can still go out there but only on foot.  All sorts of sea birds, turtles, and monk seals.  Much nicer.  I'm glad they closed it off to vehicles.  The big 4-wheelers, quads, and dirt-bikes were wrecking it up pretty good.

I am sorely impressed with your mileage.  I can see how you can rack up the digits on your odometer.  TX is wide open, and the climate is temperate.  Those roads out in the Hill Country are just right for a Savage.   Hope you all have a wonderful time on the Great Texas Savage Gathering.

Your new triple tree looks perfect.  A little grease and you're ready to rock-n-roll.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 09:24:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Steering Stem - bearing outer race removal

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.