Send Topic Print
Handlebar raisers? (Read 169 times)
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Handlebar raisers?
03/07/22 at 15:08:43

I have raised my seat, so now I am looking to raise my handlebars, 1, or better yet, 2 inches. Is there something that's good quality and fits well out of the box?

Also, what about all the lines and hoses?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Handlebar raisers?
Reply #1 - 03/07/22 at 18:24:02

If you currently have handlebar clamps with no risers then longer bolts and spacers will do.

I can make aluminum spacers for you.

Or you use zbars.

You can go up to 8" w/out new cables.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 03/07/22 at 21:10:22

Save time and trouble
Learn to slouch!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/08/22 at 18:25:30

I have the 2013 S40, I have bought a set of these, they are good for a 1 inch raise, when they arrive I'll test them out. I think I'd prefer 2 inch raise.

Verslagen, can you please photo of what you normally fabricate, perhaps I can fabricate it myself if you point me in the right direction?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174640330557

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/08/22 at 20:14:31

I just take a 1" aluminum bar and drill a hole thru it on the lathe.
You replace the bolts that go thru the bottom with whatever length you require.

Some people use 3/4" 3/8" drive sockets, 2 matching lengths and bob's your uncle.

WWW   IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/09/22 at 05:06:00

Interesting, I will see how the part I purchased works out, and if I find that I need additional length, I may go that route.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/13/22 at 21:30:03

Ok, so the kit that I bought did not work, it is made for 7/8" bar, my bars are 1" - but it would have been almost useless anyway. My seat is raised probably a good 5", so I'm thinking I should get 4" raisers.

I took off the bar, and I see the clamp that holds the handlebar is made of two pieces. There is the upper clamp that connects to the lower clamp with the smaller socket screws, and the lower clamp connects to the tubular factory "risers" with one large socket screw.

I guess I can buy any 4" risers for 1" bars, and replace the stock clamps, but the problem is, stock raisers do not have flat tops, the top 1/4" or so is cut to a smaller diameter to slide into the recess inside the stock clamp.

The ideal way of doing it, would be to take a 4" length of 1" aluminum rod, make a 1/4" deep 7/8" diameter recess on one side, and 1/4" x 7/8" diameter protrusion on another side - this way I can use the stock clamps.

Unfortunately I only own a milling machine, and not a lathe. I suppose I can get them made, but for now I may just go with something available online.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/13/22 at 21:43:45

I'm also think about getting a set of these

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/tc-bros-4-chrome-springer-risers-for-1-diameter...

They are 4" risers, and come with 1/2"-20 socket screws. I can cut off the protrusions on the stock risers, and rethread them to 1/2"-20.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/13/22 at 21:58:39

Found this - 4" riser for 1" handlebars, reusing all my stock components, no need to do any mods.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-extended-stem-pivoting-risers-for-1-h...

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/14/22 at 19:44:57

So I have been looking at my setup, and there is no way I'll get a 4" raise out of it, all the cables are way too short. Maybe I can get 2", but no more. The clutch cable, the switch wires, are all too short.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 03/15/22 at 03:43:13

Look at how everything is routed. When I was doing the fork seals and had stuff apart I rerouted stuff and freed up some length. Granted, that was on the 02, so it had the high bars instead of the drag bars, but it's worth a look if it gets you sitting up comfortably.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 03/17/22 at 15:45:11

I bought a 2" set, and a 4" set to experiment with. They were on sale at Roxspeedfx due to minor cosmetic blemishes. I was able to get the 2" set installed, but it interferes with the proper function of lines and wires.

I guess I will have to extend electrical wires, and get a longer brake, throttle, and clutch lines.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #12 - 03/19/22 at 13:01:54

your bike pictured already has 4" risers. Add a 'tracker' bar ($35) and solve your problem.
Cheers! Cool

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 03/19/22 at 13:15:34

zipidachimp wrote on 03/19/22 at 13:01:54:
your bike pictured already has 4" risers. Add a 'tracker' bar ($35) and solve your problem.
Cheers! Cool

That wont help with the cables being too short.

IP Logged
och
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/19/22 at 13:16:59

Spent half a day yesterday extending electrical wires - spliced and soldered 6" extension to each wire.

Don't feel comfortable messing with the brake line, or the clutch/throttle cables. Will bring it to a bike shop, let the professionals do it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 13:24:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Handlebar raisers?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.