WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SOTU
03/01/22 at 19:25:50

F’ing joke.
Where to start….
All this talk about what we’re gonna do to Russia but didn’t mention we’re buying oil from Russia right now.
And what the fuxk was up with mentioning the two officers from NYC getting killed and in the same sentence mention how police need to be held accountable….
The oil reserves he’s releasing cover 3 days…..how about getting back to where we were a couple years ago as far as energy independent.
And the BS about made in America…..everything but energy I guess.
I’ve been watching SOTU addresses foe 40 years. Worst one by far.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: SOTU
Reply #1 - 03/02/22 at 03:45:12

And by the way, how did a UPS driver get in and find a seat next to Pelosi?

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 03/02/22 at 03:47:50

Did you see the part that discussed all the numerous accomplishments?

No, me neither........    Undecided

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 03/02/22 at 07:30:35

Mavigogun wrote on 03/02/22 at 05:23:23:
Naturally, for a guy whose ambition is American civil war, any State of the a Union that doesn’t further that end is a disappointment.

Can you explain,
why Biden is still Supplying a huge amount of money, to Putin.
When opening back up a pipeline,
will fill the needs for oil to the US.
And Stop a supply of money to Russia,
so they have more to invade with ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 03/02/22 at 07:56:56

Naturally, for a guy whose ambition is American civil war, any State of the a Union that doesn’t further that end is a disappointment.

The only thing that state of union furthered is the understanding that the Oval Office is essentially acting as a healthcare facility for a dementia patient.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/02/22 at 13:55:52

Thank you for noticing.

It deserve to be mocked, it was a joke. Is it was a disaster of a speech. Must’ve been written by a fifth grader. Or maybe Pudd’nhead wrote it himself which is about right.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/02/22 at 19:41:00

How about the octogenarian sitting behind him rubbing her fists together in a spastic manner?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 03/03/22 at 22:29:41

MnSpring wrote on 03/02/22 at 07:30:35:

Can you explain,
why Biden is still Supplying a huge amount of money, to Putin.
When opening back up a pipeline,
will fill the needs for oil to the US.
And Stop a supply of money to Russia,
so they have more to invade with ?

It's odd,no?
Remove Russian products from your shelves! Boycott Russia!!

While we buy oil from them
Aaand
We WERE energy independent, as in
We were EXPORTING when that mean old orange man sent mean tweets.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 03/04/22 at 04:14:24

buster6315 wrote on 03/02/22 at 19:41:00:
How about the octogenarian sitting behind him rubbing her fists together in a spastic manner?  

That was weird. I don’t put too much weight on the facial expressions and weird clapping habits of the two people sitting behind the president during the state of the union. It’s pretty hard to sit there for an hour and a and not look stupid at least once. Course some look stupid the entire time as witnessed by our UPS driver earlier this week.

And as far as anyone complaining about the reminder that Biden didn’t say a word about the 13 soldiers killed in Afghanistan when he cut and ran other than the person who shouted out, if you’re upset about decorum rules,  just go back and remember Nancy Pelosi tore up Trump’s State of the Union right after he was finished. So pretty much all bets are off after that. And the guy who cried “You lie” to  Obama when he just flat out lied? Someone needed to call him out because he was flat out lying. Anyway, everything mansion in the state of the union has long since been forgotten and ignored because it didn’t mean anything to begin with. We’re still buying Russian oil and helping to fund their war. Why? Because Pudd’nhead listened to the wackos who somehow think we’re going to run the world on solar panels and windmills.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/04/22 at 04:21:37

And perfect timing, I found this gem of an article. Worth reading.
The Delusional SOTU
March 03, 2022/ Francis Menton

I can’t watch much of a State of the Union Address by any Democratic President, let alone Biden.  It’s just too painful.  But as a service to readers, I did watch a small portion, and then I skimmed through the transcript when it was released by the White House.  

Mostly, this exercise is useful be sure one understands the governing philosophy that informs our President and at least the Democrats in Congress.  And this speech does inform us of that.  Really, there’s nothing complicated about it.  The federal government has infinite amounts of free money to hand out to solve every conceivable problem of the people.  There are no costs, no downsides, no tradeoffs — or at least none worth mentioning.  Name the issue, and the feds will create a “program” and pass out the money.  We’ll “cut the cost of childcare” (i.e., the federal government will pay for it out of the infinite pile of free money).  Or this: “[M]y plan . . . includes home and long-term care, more affordable housing, pre-K for three- and four-year-olds. All of these will lower costs to families.”   Or this: “We’ll build a national network of 500,000 electric vehicle charging stations.”  Or this: “We’re going to provide — provide affordable high-speed Internet for every American.”  And more:  “Let’s increase Pell Grants; increase our historic support for HBCUs; and invest in what Jill, our First Lady, who teaches full-time, calls America’s best-kept secret: community colleges.”  And on and on and on and on.

Here’s one of my favorites, just tossed in as a throwaway line:  “We’re also going to . . . provide more [job] training and apprenticeships. . . .”  Federal job training programs have been one of my frequent subjects at this blog over the years because there is likely no clearer example of the complete futility and waste of seemingly well-intentioned federal spending.  At this post in May 2019 I traced the history of federal job training programs back to 2011.  It is worthwhile quoting from that post at length:

“[T]wo plus years into the Obama administration in February 2011, GAO came out with a big report on the 47 then-existing federal job training programs with an annual cost then running about $18 billion, concluding essentially that there were no data that could establish that any of them accomplished anything positive at all (“little is known about the effectiveness of most [of these] programs”). In January 2014 President Obama, now half way into his second term, acknowledged that the existing job training programs were not succeeding ("We've got a lot of programs, but not all of them are doing what they should be doing to get people (trained) for jobs that exist right now. . . .”), and then announced in the State of the Union address that he was naming none other than VP Joe Biden to do an “across the board” review “to reform federal training programs to help make them more job-driven.”  Biden got right to work, and by April 2014 had announced his proposed solution. Yes, the answer was another new program plus some new spending.”

Toward the end of the Obama administration, in 2015-16, the government conducted yet another study of the efficacy of federal job training programs, now including Biden’s additions to the mix, with something called the “Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Gold Standard Evaluation.”  The study was finished in May 2016, but its release was delayed until November 8, 2016 — Election Day! (What does that tell you?)  The Hill got around to summarizing the results of the study in a piece on March 17, 2017 with the headline “So far federal job training programs have been outright failures.”  Excerpt:

Specifically, the study found that the programs are largely ineffective at raising participant’s earnings and are offering services that don’t meet the needs of job seekers or employers. . . . The training programs did little to raise the earnings of job seekers. The Labor Department is also supposed to offer training in high-demand occupations, and they failed there as well.

And now President Biden is proposing yet more of same.  Of course he is.  Probably by now he himself has completely forgotten about the 47 (or is it by now 50?) existing programs that accomplish nothing.

But job training is just a rounding error in the federal budget, used here only as an illustration of the futility that could be shown for any federal programs if one took the time to investigate.  Meanwhile, there is big money, trillions, in “climate change.”  Thankfully, Biden did not spend much of his SOTU promoting his “climate” agenda.  But he did include this whopper:

“[L]et’s cut energy costs for families an average of $500 a year by combatting climate change.”

Huh?  I don’t think it’s even meaningful to apply the term “lie” to a statement this preposterous and unhinged.  Multiple people have carefully explained how the intermittency of wind and solar generation impose gigantic costs as the penetration of renewable generation increases on an electrical grid.  I have contributed many posts on this subject myself.  These posts are based on the simple arithmetic of attempting to balance the intermittency of wind and solar generation using only batteries or other storage.  No one has ever provided any refutation to the calculations.  The best that can be said for Biden and his speechwriters is that they have no idea what they are talking about.

The whole idea of wind and solar electricity generation as the answer to “climate change” is headed for a spectacular fail some time in the next ten years at most.  Here in New York State, the trajectory that we have been placed on by our Climate Act of 2019 is completely unrealistic and infeasible.  For the country, the best we can hope for is that a few states like New York and California experience the disastrous failure before the federal government can take the whole country down at the same time.  Biden is completely clueless

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Oil Market Explainer
Reply #10 - 03/04/22 at 07:16:52

Mavigogun wrote on 03/04/22 at 04:55:44:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/22 at 22:29:41:
Can you explain *snip*

The export/import balance can’t simply be attributed to who occupies the White House

Yes, it has an enormous impact who is in the White House.  When Trump left gas was $1.77 a gallon.  Biden has a war on oil and everyone knows it even if you don't want to acknowledge it.

Killed the Keystone XL
Threatened to plug the Canada to Michigan Enbridge line
Halted oil leases in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge
Stopped oil and gas leases on federal lands
Proposed a methane tax
Campaigned on banning fracking
Encouraged financiers to defund oil companies

Best regards,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 03/04/22 at 07:58:17

... and don't forget the wars on Christmas and religion.  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 03/04/22 at 10:08:07

So oil is priced independently of the ratio of supply and demand?
Decreasing supply doesn't impact the price?
The keystone pipeline was designed to supply more oil than what we are Paying Putin for every day. WE are financing his war. Every single day, we buy oil from Russia, that should mean something.

* The US imports 670,000 barrels a day from Russia.
** The Keystone Pipeline would have produced 830,000 barrels per day

** Biden shut down the Keystone Pipeline on Day 1.
** Biden approved the Russian pipeline to Germany a few months later

Looks important to me.. And if Trump had done it, it would have been just as stupid.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #13 - 03/04/22 at 11:45:37

His reply is nothing but a feeble attempt at a deflection because he has nothing to support his position.

Best regards,

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #14 - 03/04/22 at 12:02:47

Serowbot wrote on 03/04/22 at 07:58:17:
... and don't forget the wars on Christmas and religion.  Huh

I believe you and your comrades have that well in hand.

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 03:36:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › SOTU

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.