Send Topic Print
Re: 33 people shot (Read 345 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 33 people shot
02/24/22 at 19:09:52

When the states where the guns are coming from show the bloody results of guns THERE, I would be forced to think. If GUNS are the problem, Howcumizzit Texas isn't having that problem?

C'mon ,here it is. Perfect opportunity for a Genuine discussion. He, the nape challenged one from far away, WANTS us to have real conversations.

Don't CLAIM. Explain WHY Chicago is so deadly compared to the places where guns are not just legal to Have, but carry.
Is it not confusing that places where you can open carry, or carry concealed, have such different weekend Bullet and Blood reports?
I remember the
There will be Blooood in the Streets!
When the rules changed and concealed carry became legal in restaurants that sold alcohol.
Wrong again.

The people who say
Follow the Science
Don't believe the FBI crime stats. If they did, they would look at crime rates after gun laws change.

Crack Down
Crime up.
Read the constitution
Apply it
And the MAJORITY of the people ,who are good citizens, some of whom choose to arm themselves, are suddenly deterring crime.

How?

Mental exercise..

Word problem..

You are a violent criminal. You Know the law abiding are not armed, because it's
Illegal.
You, violent criminal, are afraid of WHOM? Only criminals are armed, Right?

Insert answers here.

Now, let's Say ten to fifteen percent are good, upstanding citizens who have chosen to carry.
You, violent criminal, now have to evaluate the people around you if you want to rob the store. If it's around ten percent of the people who are armed and there are around twenty people milling around, meehh, might be two, might be none,, maybe ten..
Who knows?

You think that does not matter?

Its GOTTA matter.
How else do you explain Why crime drops when Freedom to defend yourself is allowed?

How is it possible to not see that?
ohh,your answer is welcome anywhere.

That looks like a great introduction to a conversation that needs to happen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #1 - 02/25/22 at 07:53:57

Billynoneck wrote on 02/19/22 at 18:50:53:
" ... I started posting in this section in the hope of having intelligent conversations ... "

It it your opinion,
that things like the above post occur because of;

Freedom for responsible people to have firearms ?
Or lack of punishment for people, that kill and shoot others?

Here is a wonderful chance to have a conversation !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/25/22 at 10:01:31

I seldom post anything here - but I feel the need to comment about the rural area where I live in KY.

All of my neighbors have guns - most likely they have several.  The kids are also likely to have guns once they get to a responsible age.  I had a single shot .22 rifle when I was 6 - my parents didn't want me to have a BB gun as they worried about the BB ricocheting and hurting me.  Our school gave a "Hunters' Safety Course" when I was in JR. High School, and in Boy Scouts we shot rifles and skeet at summer camp.

Every weekend that isn't raining I hear somebody out shooting at targets.  During hunting season there are far less shots as folks are not shooting at cardboard anymore and looking for something with feathers or fur to shoot at.

We don't shoot family members or neighbors on a regular basis.

I can only think of two shootings that have happened in the last 20 years or so.  Both of them were deranged women who shot their lovers in the bedroom.  One lady was in her 50's and shot her husband - the both of them were "swingers" and had multiple affairs with other lovers.  The other shooting was an unstable college girl who shot her boyfriend.

Downtown Cincinnati is just 20 miles away and there are shootings frequently.

Perhaps the problem is not guns - evidently big cities are the problem!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 02/25/22 at 11:52:19

I live in one of the only cities that can give Chicago a run for its money as far as murder capital of the country goes and that St. Louis Missouri.

What Dave is carefully alluding to is what we all know but can’t say.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 02/25/22 at 12:00:40

I think that's not what Dave is saying, but you're reading into it.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 02/25/22 at 12:18:03

We can chat amongst ourselves while they huddle up and work out a plan.

Something I wonder about is basic human nature. I'm not going to go making a science project out of it, but if you know, please share.

I wonder about population density and how it affects people. Poverty is never a good thing, hopeless people are not the same as people who are getting up every day, working towards goals. If they see no opportunity to grow in their lives,, they could be dangerous.
Unhappy where you are?
Pack up, hit the road,, what do you have to lose?
Sounds easy.. But if Johnny can't read, opportunity for SomeOne could be in arms reach, but if you're not qualified,, the opportunity is not for you.

What ARE that persons goals? I knew a kid in Houston who was not afraid to tell anyone, teachers, anyone, his goal in life was to make the FBI Top Ten list. And he was a disruptive, useless POS.
Why we are Seeing what we are Seeing is complicated, so many variables, but what I DON'T see is evidence that gun control can fix it.

In the 80s, Odessa was the capital.

ODESSA, Texas -- City officials Monday blamed an influx of oil field workers during the 1981 energy boom for the string of murders that made the west Texas community the nation's new murder capital last year.

But it was never just a shooting gallery. Beating and stabbings were high on the list of How it was done.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Billynoneck

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/25/22 at 12:30:34

Here is a wonderful chance to have a conversation !

Because yes, Im sure there is no way that that conversation would turn into an argument. I will say only one thing

If we see fit to require a license to drive a car why not require a license to own a gun

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 02/25/22 at 16:10:37

Billynoneck wrote on 02/25/22 at 12:30:34:
" ... why not require a license to own a gun

Please expound on what parameters/requirements, you believe,
should be in place for a, 'license', to own a firearm.

The parameters of, punishment, for for someone, 'licensed',
that used  a firearm wrongly.

The parameters of, punishment, for for someone not, 'licensed',

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Billynoneck

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 02/25/22 at 17:10:42

MnSpring wrote on 02/25/22 at 16:10:37:
Billynoneck wrote on 02/25/22 at 12:30:34:
" ... why not require a license to own a gun

Please expound on what parameters/requirements, you believe,
should be in place for a, 'license', to own a firearm.

The parameters of, punishment, for for someone, 'licensed',

The parameters of, punishment, for for someone not, 'licensed',

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_of_Australia#:~:text=A%20person%20must%20
have%20a,be%20a%20%22prohibited%20person%22.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_New_Zealand#:~:text=New%20Firearms%20li
cences%20are%20issued,proper%20to%20possess%20a%20firearm.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 02/25/22 at 17:11:34

[quote author=32393C3C293E3F3E35333B500 link=1645755503/0#7 date=1645821034]Here is a wonderful chance to have a conversation !

Because yes, Im sure there is no way that that conversation would turn into an argument. I will say only one thing

If we see fit to require a license to drive a car why not require a license to own a gun[/quote

First, no license required for Free Speech.
Or any other human rights. Travel is Natural. Using Common Means,, and the fact that we All pay for the road. It's everyone's road. Now, Untrained is not the same as Unlicensed. A license is permission from the state to do what would otherwise be illegal.

https://wearechange.org/u-s-supreme-court-says-no-license-necessary-to-drive-aut
omobile-on-public-highwaysstreets/

Accepting and defending what we were all taught, and, yes,once upon a time I agreed with you, but I started questioning things and digging around and managed to get out from under what I had been wrongly taught.
I don't have a temporary License that I have to pay for to carry around to prove I graduated. Why do I need to pay the state for a temporary license to drive a car? A Proof of Training card would be just fine. Unless someone can explain why not.

And, here's a thought...

We have Laws. If someone Does something and causes pain or loss in the lives of other people they can be held liable. Responsible people, people who don't want to pay fines or go to jail, operate in response ways. Texas is now open carry. I don't, because I have not gone and been trained. I'm not unfamiliar with guns,, at all. I have a few, I have worked on triggers, I'm a decent shot,, average.. But I have not been in a class and exposed to everything a concealed carry license requires.

Would that idea,that only licensed people can have a gun, would That change the bullets and blood score in Chicago?
Why work to create roadblocks for the law abiding?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 02/26/22 at 05:27:40

Billy, how many of those 33 shootings and 7 murders were illegal?
How many of the weapons used in those events were used illegally?
How many of the weapons were obtained illegally?
How many of the weapons used were owned by people already prevented by law from owning a gun?

How many shootings and killings in Chicago did NOT occur that weekend because the perpetrator thought I do not have a permit for this gun so I won’t shoot that guy over a drug deal gone bad or because he disrespected me at the club earlier that night?

We can make pretty close educational guesses at those question but when people say we need more gun laws, the only people who follow those laws are people like me. The people who shot 33 and killed 7 have no intention of following new licensing laws.

So the road you’re really going down is gun confiscation. That’s always the end game for gun control. Always.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 02/26/22 at 07:58:48

Billynoneck wrote on 02/25/22 at 17:10:42:
" ... Gun_laws_of_Australia ... Gun_law_in_New_Zealand... "

Australia
"genuine reason" (which does not include self-defence)

New Zealand
possession of firearms is considered a privilege

It is my opinion,
Both are totally contrary to the Constitution,
of a FREE Nation.

Change the fundamentals of this Free Nation,
then Try again.

Oh Wait, their already is a group,
trying to do that very thing !

IP Logged
Billynoneck

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 02/26/22 at 13:21:06

WebsterMark wrote on 02/26/22 at 05:27:40:
How many shootings and killings in Chicago did NOT occur that weekend because the perpetrator thought I do not have a permit for this gun so I won’t shoot that guy

and how many school shootings have happened in NZ and Oz in the last 50 years. because Its harder to buy a gun than milk

It's not hard at all to get a gun over here, On the contrary, I know lots of people that own guns, including at least 2 people that are licensed to own military grade stuff that would make a Texan blush, the difference is you just can't go buy them at a 7-11

In my option, the NRA has done an amazing job of convincing everyone that guns and freedom are the same things so anyone challenging "gun culture" instantly gets hammered with "your anti-freedom", that sounds a lot like indoctrination to me. What is  so wrong with wanting a background check on someone before handing over a device that was built for the purpose of killing,

As a side note how did the NRA, a relatively small group get so much of a say...oh that's right, lobbying, the legal art of bribing and buying your own politician

I will admit that America very much has a situation of getting the genie back in the bottle with the number of guns in circulation  but even small steps will get them out of the wrong hands faster than doing nothing

Laws won't stop someone shooting someone else but it makes it a lot harder to access guns and stops impulse shooting

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 02/26/22 at 13:36:23

Billynoneck wrote on 02/26/22 at 13:21:06:
"... Laws won't stop someone shooting someone else but
it makes it a lot harder to access guns
and stops impulse shooting

Would that be like,
Chicago where it is Very HARD to,
Access Firearms.

And they have the or one of the
HIGHEST RATES of KILLING by,
    "impulse shooting' ?

Where most other places,
it is much easier to
access Firearms.
And they have a very LOW,
rate of    "impulse shooting' ?

All about the, 'gun',
    nothing about
PUNISHING the Crime !

IP Logged
Billynoneck

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 02/26/22 at 14:05:59

MnSpring wrote on 02/26/22 at 13:36:23:
  All about the, 'gun',
    nothing about
PUNISHING the Crime !

Oh don't get me wrong Im all for punishment and consequences for actions but ive seen enough phone and bodycam footage to know thats not a thing any more. comman secce left the building years ago

what im saying is you a more likely to shoot someone if you have a gun rather than if you dont, so MAYBE make it just a little bit harder to get one  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 03:34:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: 33 people shot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.