East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 33 people shot
Reply #45 - 03/03/22 at 22:23:09

Unless
Legally
Is part of that
Anyone, Can get a gun.
And nobody knows,

I'm going to need explainied how licensing help,any,since NONE of the people doing the robberies and drive by and gang shootings
Will ever be legal owners of guns.

Explain, don't just Claim, please

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Billynoneck

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 03/04/22 at 02:16:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/03/22 at 22:23:09:
Unless
Legally
Is part of that
Anyone, Can get a gun.
And nobody knows,

I'm going to need explainied how licensing help,any,since NONE of the people doing the robberies and drive by and gang shootings
Will ever be legal owners of guns.

Explain, don't just Claim, please

go back and reread my posts, I've explained my thoughts and opinions and what has been PROVEN to work in Oz and NZ, and honestly, I don't know how to make it any clearer, licensing = a level of control to be able to have laws to get the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, a set of laws that if you don't follow the police can take away the bad guys guns

as I said licensing won't directly stop "robberies and drive by and gang shootings", but if you set a framework of laws in place to make it easy to take away guns off bad people, you know the ones that won't get licenses, then enforce those laws and take their guns and arrest them, there will be less bad people with guns

and have laws about gun storage so kids can't just grab a gun that's lying around the house and shoot themselves or shoot up their School

but what do I know, apparently I'm So incredibly wrong.
about most of the things I say about firearms so just ignore me

It's all beside the point anyway as politicians get paid way to much by the NRA to just ignore the problem or pretend it doesn't exist and tell everyone that a mass shooting every month is just the cost of freedom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States_in_202

if my maths is right, per capita the US has had around the same amount of mass shooting deaths in the first 2 months of this year as Oz has had since  April 2019

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #47 - 03/04/22 at 05:30:56

as I said licensing won't directly stop "robberies and drive by and gang shootings", but if you set a framework of laws in place to make it easy to take away guns off bad people, you know the ones that won't get licenses, then enforce those laws and take their guns and arrest them, there will be less bad people with guns

That framework is in place right now. Come to St. Louis, drive on the 270/255 interchange that circles the city in Missouri and Illinois. Do it on a Saturday evening. You will see multiple cars with blacked out windows and no or expired license plates driving at a high rate of speed in and out of traffic. Actually it doesn’t even need to be on a Saturday night it happens all times of the day. If the cops pulled them, ran their license (assuming they had one ) and searched the car they would find weapon after weapon. Guarantee it. Do they do that? No. Why? Because they’re don’t want to get shot and they’re not gonna get backing from local officials. So let’s assume there was a licensing requirement. If they pulled me over and asked for a license and show it to him. But they’re not going to pull over the people they need to pull over because as I said before they’re afraid to get shot. That’s the truth in St. Louis. Thank you Michael Brown, thank you BLM, thank you Cori Bush, our newest joke of a US congresswoman. That’s the actual, on the ground situation in one major US city and I can guarantee it’s repeated in numerous large cities across the country.

Again, licensing, permitting etc. won’t deter criminals at all. All you’re going to do is remove weapons from the hands of people who would never use them in a criminal activity. So you would accomplished nothing.

And you cannot compare OZ  to the USA. You don’t have the inner city workings and the political baggage that goes with it that we have here. That’s a fact and that changes the equation on the ground.

Again, if you take the gun crime numbers generated from just a few zip codes in each major metropolitan areas across the country out of the equation, the rest of the nation is as safe as most European cities,  maybe even OZ. We have a violent culture problem, we don’t have a gun problem.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 03/04/22 at 06:54:53

Mavigogun wrote on 03/04/22 at 05:46:25:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/04/22 at 05:30:56:
We have a violent culture problem, we don’t have a gun problem.

It’s the mark of a sociopath that he doesn’t see a connection between those things.   Equivocation, what-about-ism, fantasy narratives given superior weight, and- most critically -blindered consideration in all things.   Imagine being so fragile that your intellect is content with making nonsensical proclamations, one after another.   Mark doesn’t care what regulation is effective- determining effective regulation is not his purpose.

Look, I get the impulse of attempting to engage with Mark with a presumption of good faith- but understand that he simply does not subscribe to such notions.   His words are no more honest than Putin’s; like Putin, he exploits any presumption of trust, good faith.  Mark will be happy to have you chase your tail attempting to demonstrate with examples why his notions are arbitrary and fantastic.   He just doesn’t care to learn of the world beyond his prejudice. His arguments are invariably circular, self dependent, frequently incorporating fantasy as presumed truth.  His perspective that of an Ouroboros, feeding on itself.

Okay.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 03/04/22 at 09:51:28

The entire Reason for this thread is to expose people to the thinking of the people who understand the second amendment and the natural law of being.
No Law stops bad people from doing bad things. The sign by the school saying
No Guns Allowed
Isn't a deterrent, it's an advertisement.
Free shooting gallery!
And anyone who believes the senators kids are equally unsafe, I suspect they are wrong.
Licensing is just a tax on the good guys. Making it harder for law abiding people to defend themselves against the criminal element accomplishes nothing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #50 - 03/04/22 at 14:39:07

Mavigogun wrote on 03/04/22 at 05:46:25:
" ...   Imagine being so fragile that your intellect is content with making nonsensical proclamations, one after another.  ..."

Classic seeing someone being so fragile,
that their intellect, is content with making,
nonsensical proclamations, one after another.
  Because they read about it in a book.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #51 - 03/04/22 at 18:21:51

Billynoneck wrote on 03/04/22 at 02:16:08:
"...  but what do I know, apparently I'm So incredibly wrong. about most of the things I say about firearms ..."

If you stated:
"traveling 25MPH, in a 35MPH zone will get you a ticket"

I am to ignore that ?

(Perhaps once,
but not over and over, and over )

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #52 - 03/04/22 at 18:27:57

"... Licensing is just a tax on the good guys.
Making it harder for law abiding people to defend themselves ..."

Was their a thing call Poll Tax at one time ?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #53 - 03/04/22 at 18:33:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/04/22 at 09:51:28:

The entire Reason for this thread is to expose people to the thinking of the people who understand the second amendment and the natural law of being.
No Law stops bad people from doing bad things. The sign by the school saying
No Guns Allowed
Isn't a deterrent, it's an advertisement.
Free shooting gallery!
And anyone who believes the senators kids are equally unsafe, I suspect they are wrong.
Licensing is just a tax on the good guys. Making it harder for law abiding people to defend themselves against the criminal element accomplishes nothing.

Don't want anyone to miss it

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 03/05/22 at 04:15:55

Just want to say for the record I admire Billie's input. Never been to OZ so have no idea what’s going on there, other than the semi-fascist way in which they handled non-vaccinated and non-mask wearing citizens which seemed out of character.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 03:37:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Re: 33 people shot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.