Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
I'm Goin to be posting stuff (Read 644 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: I'm Goin to be posting stuff
Reply #60 - 01/04/22 at 08:42:05

Eegore wrote on 01/03/22 at 20:32:03:
"... I don't have some delusion that politics and money are not involved in all this.  ..."

So you admit:
'I don't have some delusion that politics and money are not involved in all this'

The questions is, How Much, politics and money are involved?

Every morning, that is EVERY MORNING,
Numerous Segments !
(Especially the, 'Today' show)
It is nothing but, broadcast FEAR !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 01/04/22 at 09:38:55

So you admit:
'I don't have some delusion that politics and money are not involved in all this'

Incorrect.  You altered my statement to say "I have some delusion" to which I very specifically stated I do not.

I do not have some delusion, and that delusion would be that that politics and money are not involved.  

"The questions is, How Much, politics and money are involved?"

Lots.  I fail to have the delusion that money and politics are somehow exempt from this particular topic.  Or as I already said before my statement was edited to mean the opposite:  I don't have some delusion that politics and money are not involved in all this.

I see little value in using lies to counter lies which is essentially what happens a lot of the time.  That politician lied so I will post false infection rates.  Yeah that helps.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #62 - 01/04/22 at 11:41:34

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 01/04/22 at 13:22:08

The ACLI has similar data.

https://www.acli.com/posting/-/media/acli/files/newsroom-news-releases-public...

Chapter 12 of the ACLI 2021 handbook outlines more detailed statistics.

https://www.acli.com/-/media/acli/files/fact-books-public/12fb21_chapter12_li...

Obviously their information on people 19 and younger is very wrong according to people on Twitter.

The number of people in the United States who are age 19 or younger has either declined or remained flat in every year since 2010 (Table 12.4). There are currently 81.3 million people in that age group, compared to 83.2 million in 2010. Similarly, the number of those age 65 or older has been rapidly increasing. There are currently 55.9 million seniors (those age 65 and over) in the United States. Since 2010, the number of seniors increased by 38 percent, or 15.4 million. When coupled with those approaching retirement (age 50 to 64), the percent of those in or approaching retirement totals 118.7 million, or 36 percent of the population

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 01/06/22 at 10:44:04

So we listened to the Rogan podcast in full.

Malone presented no real evidence so there is nothing to actually go look into.  I understand the mistrust in the politics of this, or anything really, but Malone's math simply doesn't ad up.

It's like people claiming 1 in 10 US Marines died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.  Challenging that thousands and thousands of US marines didn't come back dead isn't agreeing that the war(s) were the right thing and that there were no political motivations.   There can be bad policy, and poor politics, and also not 1 in 10 dead US Marines.

Lying and exaggerating about how many US Marines died does nothing more than show you can lie too.

Embellishing facts, like saying you "invented" mRNA, and inflating numbers doesn't help the case, it just makes Malone seem irresponsible and dishonest.

https://www.usmcu.edu/Research/Marine-Corps-History-Division/Research-Tools-F...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK220068/

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #65 - 01/06/22 at 23:50:55

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #66 - 01/07/22 at 05:49:24

Again another article relying on people agreeing with it, but not taking the time to read what they offer as evidence.

Failure to read what is referenced reveals that a claim to protect one person is "backed up" by evidence that doesn't show that at all:

Research reveals that prolonged use of Covid masks, homemade or N95, can cause anywhere from five percent on up to 20 percent loss of oxygen, leading to hypercapnia (excessive carbon dioxide in the bloodstream typically caused by inadequate respiration), panic attacks, vertigo, double vision, tinnitus, concentration issues, headaches, slowed reactions, seizures, alterations in blood chemistry and suffocation due to air displacement.

We are killing our children! Wake up America and get these things off your children’s faces!

The children!  Except the very reference provided specifically states:

some people with pre-existing respiratory illnesses may face health issues with improper or prolonged use of tight-fitting masks, such as N95 respirators. But people wearing cloth or surgical masks are in little to no danger of breathing in unhealthy amounts of carbon dioxide.

Those respiratory deficient kids with N-95s wearing them all day are at risk.  Normal kids wearing the cheap masks are fine.  But lets ignore that part and say all kids are in danger.

They are telling you the "research" says one thing, but the research the author links to says another.  This means this article's author is lying to you about what the "research" they linked actually said.

Now lets be clear because there is some misunderstanding about what I actually say and what I am later told I SAID - but nobody can reference the actual words claimed or a synonymous implication of those words.

I am not saying that kids, or humans of any age, should wear masks all day.  I am saying that the author of this article is inaccurate and misleading when they claim one thing and the research they provide claims another.    Masks in the general public are to keep your spit near your face and that's it.  Kids running around should minimize physical contact and wash their hands/faces instead of wearing masks.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #67 - 01/07/22 at 12:11:39

And, that said, when all this started the first thing I thought was
The homeless will be stacked like cordwood..
And that has not been a headline.
I absolutely don't understand.
I'd like to see someone offer some explanation, cuz I don't get it.
Unhealthy, undernourished, far from sanitary and not just dying by the dozens?
How is that even possible?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #68 - 01/07/22 at 14:05:05

One thing I think, being an engine kinda' guy, is that the method of testing masks is illogical.
We all know that if an air filter has any air gap around it's edges, all the air will be drawn from around the filter instead of through it, and masks seem to be tested by how much particles are blocked by the material.
If a mask blocks micro particles, it can't be breathed through so you are getting your air from around it.  That's why glasses fog up.
So I tend to wear a light gator.  It doesn't have much micro particulate filtering but I do breathe through it, not around it.
I think it's got to help a little in reducing the distance of my exhalations and filter a bit on inhale.
It's debatable,.. but you do what you do.  Huh

Admittedly, even this may be wrong,... it could be that the extra effort I put in breathing through a gator may make air exchange increase, but you have go with what seems logical.
We wear masks when we paint or spray stuff, right?... and we cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
Right?... Tongue

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #69 - 01/07/22 at 15:22:26

Absolutely agree. Based strictly on
What Looks Reasonable
A mask would seem like a good plan.
I understand that particulate hitting a barrier is a good idea.
But I also don't agree with the cashier behind a Solid Barrier required to wear one while the public are safe from her.
I'm not saying
Never wear a mask
But I also think the hyperventilating panic stricken approach needs to stop.

Some
People
Are
At
Risk..

Mask up if you are afraid.
The article that was stomped on by fauci that pointed out, what everyone knew, that the risk is not the same for everyone and behavior to deal reasonably with the threat didn't look the same for everyone.

The dangers were oversold, the who the why is for you to decide, but it is obvious that was done.
It's time to weigh and measure the likely long-term consequences of how society approaches this. I know I mentioned suicide and other issues because of how they were demanding we deal with it. It's a good six pack conversation and I can't type out the complex things I think about this.
We did it wrong. It was obvious to me. And the problems that we are creating won't be obvious for years. Children look resilient, but just how they will be affected by everything, from the isolation to the masks, not seeing the smile or whatever nonverbal communication they are missing.
Just shrugging and pretending
We did not have a choice? Nope,, choices were not discussed. And options were ignored and the people who proposed them were dissed. Just label an idea
Misinformation
Smear the people who offered them

Anyone else have information on India?
Notice what happened when they started using that horse medicine

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #70 - 01/07/22 at 15:42:27

E,have a look, okay? If you can boil it down to Readers Digest type stuff, that would be helpful. I'd have to read it with a notebook, take notes and Try to pull out the finished product.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

Advertised as
The study..
I'm going to post this and then go back and hope I can find how I got to this site. I've been looking at it, off and on, for long enough that I can't remember where I was when I clicked on the link that took me here.
Probably somewhere between twelve and fifteen minutes..

Ahh! The Back Button!

https://raconteurreport.blogspot.com/

The link that I went to, well, I should have read down first

Some Readers Digest level stuff

may be others in recent times, but I'm aware of precisely one proper study of the effectiveness of cloth and surgical face masks, used as intended, using documented infected persons, in a study that lasted years, and controlling for the only variable that matters: does the virus get out?

TL;DR:

No mask - 100 to 1000 coronavirus viral particles land in a viral particle chamber in front of their face after 30 minutes.
Bog-average surgical mask - 1 viral particle escaped. IOW, a 99.9% to 99.99% prevention of viral load down to 5 microns or less was achieved over 30 minutes' exposure.
None of the studies referenced by The Federalist tested that. They tested whether the masks protect the wearer. [Pro-tip, crappity smacktards: they are neither designed nor intended for that, since ever. You could look it up.] This is like testing parachutes to see how many people wearing them didn't land on the earth. crappity smacktard Science 101 level error there, geniuses.

They tested whether the masks stopped everything, for unknown long periods of time, e.g., during extended surgical procedures.

In one "study" cited, they found that wearing a double t-shirt mask increased the level of virus expelled above the level transmitted by wearing nothing. [Pro-tip: if you can't figure out why this is prima facie recockulously impossible, try putting a t-shirt over the gas nozzle at the local station, and see if that delivers more gasoline into your car's tank. IOW, you can't exceed the results of no mask, under any circumstances, unless you're having people blow through a fully colonized petri dish of germs grown for days beforehand.]

When a test succeeded exactly as expected, it was labelled as "apples and oranges".

We could go on and on, as these assclowns have, but their point is pointless.

When you keep pointing to retards, and bullshit studies, and then act like Little Jack Horner pulling a plum out of your ass, you're just an idiot.

When you can't account for a thousand other things, like people wearing their masks on their chin, or touching everything with gloves, and then taking those gloves off with their teeth to touch their cellphones, or don't wash their nasty hands after they crap and rub feces all over them and then finger-bang everything they touch afterwards with their poo, the problem isn't masking or not, it's societal retardation. And dozens of variables you forgot to control out of the experiment.

Masks Work - As Designed

A surgical or cotton mask isn't something you wear to protect yourself. Write that on your hand with a Sharpie in case you're too stupid to remember that. You wear one to protect other people from you. For the same reason you put a diaper on a baby's ass. It's not there to protect the baby from shitting himself. If this needs further explanation, you're not smart enough to be let out in public without the chaperone from the short bus field trip, and you can probably tell the class what the glass on its windows tastes like.

If your aim is self-protection, you need to be wearing a properly fitted and fit-tested N95, or better. Got facial hair that prevents a proper seal? You're f**ked. Haven't been fit-tested? You might be f**ked. Don't know how to put it on right and seal it properly? You're f**ked. That's why the surgeon general correctly told you not to bother with an N95, unless you're going to do the homework necessary. Only afterwards did CNN and Fauci retardedly conflate that down to "masks don't work".

Anybody who was ever in a military or police tear gas training chamber exercise knows what I'm talking about here.

People too stupid to understand that were very entertaining to those of us in those chambers who watched them spaz out and lose their nuts, choke, and puke, because they didn't pay attention. Don't be That Guy.

What Masks Won't Do

An N95 won't protect you from anyone if you wear it wrong, or it doesn't fit and seal.

A surgical or cotton mask isn't there to protect you from anyone else.

Any mask is pointless if you aren't in close proximity to the infected, and you aren't infected yourself.

In your car, by yourself, wearing a mask? You're a crappity smacktard. Walking outside, or exercising, by yourself, with a mask on? You're a crappity smacktard. In a population that isn't infected with COVID, flu, or anything else, and wearing a mask? You're a crappity smacktard.

The problem comes with that last part: knowing whether you, or anyone else, is infected. Want to go mask-free? ROWYBS. And so will everyone else around you. Which works fine (just like with VD and AIDS, and merrily sport-f**king people.) Until it doesn't. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I've been wearing masks of all levels, and putting them on people, professionally, for decades. They piss me off mightily. But if you cough or sneeze or spit, crappity smack your comfort. And if I have to be around you, and you could give me something nasty, or lethal, crappity smack my comfort too. Harden the crappity smack up.

When enough people play stupid games, the professional jackasses in politics feel honor-bound to nanny them.

When they have a spring-loaded crappity smack-with-everyone-and-control-their-every-waking-activity setting, then it becomes the shitshow we've lived for the last two years and counting.

And when intelligence is a constant, but the population is increasing, the mean IQ is dropping like CNN's ratings.

Bloggers and the usual gang of science-impaired idiots at The Federalist should probably stop hitching their wagons to the crappity smacktards at CDC and ABCNNBCBS. Unless you don't want people to be able to tell the difference.

Related: GMTA. RTWT.

POSTED BY AESOP AT 12:05 PM 5 COMMENTS:
LABELS: ABCNNBCBS IS FAKE NEWS, KUNG FLU, SCIENCE, WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL ME REALLY PISSES ME OFF
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 5, 2022
WORD

h/t Phil

Go to Phil's blog, Busted Knuckles, Or over to the OP at 90 Miles From Tyranny.

It's a short education in Everything You Need To Know.

For the longer version re-watch this classic of wisdom from 2012:

IANAL. But he is.
POSTED BY AESOP AT 7:46 AM 6 COMMENTS:
LABELS: COMMUNITY POLICING, WISDOM
When You're In A Hole, Stop Digging

Evidently, I'm not smart enough to know what I read over on Claire's blog the other day:

"I hadn't even read Aesop's attempted takedown of me before I started writing this comment, but wow. He thinks I set up an idiotic either/or when I clearly stated in the post that that either/or was just the beginning of a conversation about other options AND when the main point of the post was to ASK READERS for other options and viewpoints???

Jeazy peazy, someone didn't bother reading before blarting."

First, let's summarize where I agree with Claire:

Her either/or absolutely was, as she said, idiotic. D'accord.

We'll come back to that in a minute.

And yes, she was asking for input on the following question:

"The question: What will you do -- or what do you think you and your neighbors should do --if the unvaxxed, or the previously"fully vaxxed" but now insufficiently boostered, are forbidden to access basic life needs? I'm thinking groceries especially."
Firstly, contrary to her assumptions, I read every word in her piece. Secondly, there are two problems with her pique in response to what I wrote back:

1) It was an exact answer to her very question, which I had obviously read, and without any trouble understanding same.

2) When the author asks a question, and then posts their own answer to that very question, they own that answer. You can't walk it back, or feign faux surprise that someone thought you actually meant what you said, when the words you're quoting are literally and explicitly your own.

So unless Claire meant to illustrate how little thought whatsoever she's given to her own  question (which she nonetheless describes having discussed with her unidentified friend for some good time):

"We went back and forth, coming to no particular conclusions,..."
then she absolutely owns her answer to her own question. Which was

"Fully vaxxed and boostered friends or black marketeers will make food runs for us and we'll continue to quietly refuse to bow to Faucism no matter what pressures are brought to bear."

Riiiiiiight. And food-pooping unicorns will sprinkle cheeseburgers, surf and turf platters, and haute cuisine box meals over the homes of all the sincere boys and girls too, I suppose. This answer has all the seriousness of a conversation with a 3-year old girl having a tea party with her dolls and stuffed animals. When that's your answer to "What will you do...?", you can't come back and gaslight me or anyone else for being so gauche as to take you at your word, and noting in reply that such a proposition is farcical and idiotic. It would be different if she'd posted both answers as two other people, without making any suggestion herself, but that's not what she posted. My apologies for understanding the ridiculousness of her reply so succinctly and rapidly, but there it is. It's her reply to her own question. And it's frankly childish and preposterous, prima facie. If you're going to call something a "think piece", might one suggest doing some first?

We took that for granted as bog-obvious, but tasked for the observation now, we shall belabor the point.

Show the class where and when you've noted any spirit of solidarity present in America between the vaxxed and the unvaxxed? Show all work.

What evidence leads anyone to presume that any such "food runs" will be blithely tolerated by TPTB, their teeming hordes of Karen Vaxxhole minions, or the erstwhile Jell-O Sheriffs at the local foodmart? Once again, show all work.

What experience in smuggling food long-term, in any appreciable quantities, leads Claire to believe random folks will do that any better than they'll wash their hands during flu season?

I ask this because the average American consumes nearly a ton of food per year. That's over 5 pounds a day, per person. So who do you - anybody out there - know, who's vaxxed, that will happily sneak a family of four 20 pounds of food, day in and day out, indefinitely? Where are they going to put it? How will they buy it? How will it be handed off? IAN007, but I'm guessing putting 140 pounds of groceries for the week in a dead drop isn't going to cut it, unless your tradecraft expertise includes a vault of galleons from Gringott's Bank, Ron Weasley's flying Ford Cortina, and Harry Potter's Cloak Of Invisibility. So for those of us not mentally living in Harry Potter World, howzat gonna work, exactly, IRL? Once again, show all work.

Now tell me how it's going to work for 100M of us.

And in what universe do "black marketeers" operate pro bono? So, needing ducats to pay for their efforts, in perpetuity, are you independently wealthy enough to pay the 1000 or 10,000% mark-ups for a box of corn flakes, and everything else? And what about the bien peasants unable to afford such custom? "Let them eat cake"?

You're going to "continue to quietly refuse to bow to Faucism", all right. Delirium and coma will set in after a couple of weeks of extreme hunger, and after three to four weeks, the only sound you'll issue will be naught but the escaping gasses of decomposition, and the munching of thousands of ants and maggots on your festering corpse.

Well-playe

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #71 - 01/07/22 at 15:56:17

IDK why or how stuff I didn't highlight gets pasted. I went back to cut it out,but, effort was frustrated.
Read the applicable places and ignore the rest. It's basically just common sense. Of course a mask inhibits the overwhelming majority of crap riding along on moisture.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #72 - 01/08/22 at 06:50:29

Serowbot wrote on 01/07/22 at 14:05:05:
One thing I think, being an engine kinda' guy, is that the method of testing masks is illogical.
We all know that if an air filter has any air gap around it's edges, all the air will be drawn from around the filter instead of through it, and masks seem to be tested by how much particles are blocked by the material.
If a mask blocks micro particles, it can't be breathed through so you are getting your air from around it.  That's why glasses fog up.
So I tend to wear a light gator.  It doesn't have much micro particulate filtering but I do breathe through it, not around it.
I think it's got to help a little in reducing the distance of my exhalations and filter a bit on inhale.
It's debatable,.. but you do what you do.  Huh

Admittedly, even this may be wrong,... it could be that the extra effort I put in breathing through a gator may make air exchange increase, but you have go with what seems logical.
We wear masks when we paint or spray stuff, right?... and we cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze.
Right?... Tongue

Sound logic. There are two components to a filtration system and a mask on your face is a filtration system. One is the particle capture efficiency of the mask against a certain particle size. The other component is the sealing which in this case is the mask against your face.

An N95 mask, brand new, is rated 95% efficient against particles that are .3 micron or larger. That’s just the efficiency of the mask fabric tested in a laboratory setting with zero bypass. However, from a system point of view, a 2% gap in sealing can reduce particle capture efficiency of the system (mask against face) by up to 60% on the smallest particle sizes. If you have a heavy beard, forget it, the hair prevents sealing and much of the air, which, always seeks the path of least resistance, escapes and enters that way.

But yes, mask do offer filtration against airborne aerosols, but not nearly as effective as believed. And, one reason suggested why there is not a significant difference in areas with mask mandates vs areas without, is because of the false sense of security they offer. Couple the false belief they offer protection and you have large groups gathering in poorly ventilated areas passing aerosols back and forth to one another.

Like all sciences, there’s a lot of detail to particle capture efficiency that matters, but it’s complicated and boring so it’s easier for bureaucrats to insist on masks mandates and imagine they’ve accomplished far, far more than they have.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #73 - 01/08/22 at 11:36:12

WebsterMark wrote on 01/08/22 at 06:50:29:
Serowbot wrote on 01/07/22 at 14:05:05:
One thing I think,...

Sound logic.

How dare you...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #74 - 01/08/22 at 14:41:25

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 08:37:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I'm Goin to be posting stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.