PWK? (Read 709 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: PWK?
Reply #90 - 12/21/21 at 16:59:20

Stay safe out there on the road.  Holiday season.  Ya gotta get home all in one piece.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #91 - 12/22/21 at 02:47:44

DBM,
Good morning, I think I wasn’t clear about the jet originally. I was referring to the jet that came installed in the carburetor. At that time I was trying to get a 140 something that I didn’t have. So I ordered the same style jet that was in the carburetor. Also that gap is due to an O-ring but I see what you’re saying. I’ve even thought about tapping a quarter inch plug at the bottom of the plug. But I’ve learned what being in a hurry will get you lol so I’m not doing that. The part number that you gave me was that from Jets RuS? Or is that a general part number for that style of jet? Sorry I’m new to jetting. Yep I’m ready to be home the road is not fun. At least on this trip I’m only four hours from the house. I’m in Laporte right outside of Houston. And live in Baton Rouge. Also, like you said there is a shorter style hex jet, but I’ve been looking online and it says that those are for Mukini carbs?? So I ordered a set anyway. Hopefully the thread pitch is the same. And I also ordered a regular set of Main jets with the screwdriver slit in them. He’s indicated that they were for PWK carbs… I don’t know maybe it’s my browser or I entered something wrong, but I could not bring up the Jets are us site?

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

Do not fear mistakes, there are none.
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #92 - 12/22/21 at 08:40:14

Here is a link...

https://www.jetsrus.com/

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker (destroyed by fire)
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribut
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #93 - 12/22/21 at 13:47:07

OK Jedi master(DBM) Wink,
It must hurt being right all the time! I thought those marks were from the lathe. Literally I’ve been home five minutes and I already smell like gas! Ahhh…

EB51DA26-EFE8-43D0-AD0E-A7792AD2ACC0.jpeg

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #94 - 12/22/21 at 13:50:08

OK you too sneeze!!

21445E9C-5DED-4B0A-8727-9DB60A62704D.jpeg

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #95 - 12/22/21 at 14:32:16

Always a cool feeling when you find the culprit!  Me?  I am still chasing culprits...   Shocked

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker (destroyed by fire)
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribut
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #96 - 12/22/21 at 23:02:27

Pay dirt!  That probably snuffed off the fuel flow just a bit.

So, you are currently using these standard PWK jets.  Note that the Jets-R-Us illustration shows that your jets are 16.5mm long and have threads with a 4.9mm major diameter.  Unfortunately, the picture doesn't provide the pitch.  It shows the part number for these long jets is 99101-357-XXX.  The XXX is the jet size (140, 142, 145, etc.).

Long_Jet.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #97 - 12/22/21 at 23:09:02

You can try these shorter jets.  They are 8.5mm shorter and also have a thread diameter of 4.9mm.  Again, it's unfortunate that they don't provide the pitch, but I think there's a good chance that the pitch will be the same as the longer jets.

The part number for these short jets is 99101-393-XXX.   Same deal, the XXX stands for the jet size.  You probably should get a 138, 140, 142, 145.  I don't think you will need a main jet bigger than #145 but ya never know.

Short_Jet.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #98 - 12/22/21 at 23:18:05

BTW, I have had good luck with the OEM equivalents that Jets-R-Us offers, and they are half the price of the genuine OEM jets.

Your next hurdle will be jet flow.  The shorter jets may not flow the same as the standard PWK jets (the long ones).  So, a short #140 may flow more than a standard long #140, or it may flow less than a standard long #140, or it may flow the same as a standard long #140.

Figuring out exactly what size you need is all on you.  The 138 through 145 might be enough to allow you to dial in the carb, or you might need more sizes.  You will have to be the Trail Blazer Dude.  Be prudent, start rich, don't burn it up.

Also, thanks for the pics of your plug.  That is valuable historical information that will allow us to help other members in the future.  No better way to explain something than a good, clear picture.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #99 - 12/23/21 at 14:37:40

DBM,
You’re totally gonna laugh at me/scold me for this one!. I took one of the 11mm jets and a bandsaw and cut away the amount of space required to get it even with the bottom of the bowl without going into the plug. I essentially made a coupler out of a jet that’s way too big anyway. And I utilized my OEM 142 that was in the Mukini carb same thread pitch… Runs great/maybe a tad rich but I’m OK with that.
Merry Christmas All!

04185444-FD7C-4E5A-AFD9-984D024C624A.jpeg

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #100 - 12/24/21 at 08:11:43

Jets R Us is a great resource until they send you the wrong parts and refuse to replace them unless you pay for return shipping.  Per their policy, they won't take returns, ever.  But when I asked why I should pay to return $15 worth of jets that they claim they will never resale they basically told me to F-off.

IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #101 - 12/26/21 at 08:57:49

For a small shop that may only sell a few dozen jets per year it is cheaper for them to just eat the loss and send another order. But when you are big enough then that cost of processing returns eats into your profit margin in a hurry. I have worked in returns at a previous job and the manpower involved is a lot more than you would think. From that perspective their policy makes sense.

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #102 - 12/29/21 at 21:36:52

Hey gang,
Okay its been crazy at work. Any who, I had installed the PWK 40 mm. K&N intake. I have faught with jet selection. Currently running a 35 pilot jet and a 158 Main. I know I’m real close. No more backfire, I mean not completely. When I downshift in a hurry I get some popety pops. And if I shift correctly I don’t get the pop between gears anymore. She is pullin hard! Oh I also forgot the style of jet that I’m currently using is the long jet X version. I have another set of the short hexes in the mail. I just wanted to show a picture of the plug and get yawls opinion.

E44A46B2-5EAF-4A91-B1E8-2D0E5E7BE322.jpeg

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #103 - 12/29/21 at 21:38:14

Oh for the record I put a new one in this afternoon plugged it is.

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #104 - 01/01/22 at 11:45:57

OK, I just ran the bike with a 145 main/ 40 pilot. Undecided
Idle and off throttle is great, get up to fourth gear great but if you nail it on the top end you get nothing. This run was with the “shorter jet “. I’m going to leave the pilot, and install one of the short hex versions. TBA

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 22:23:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › PWK?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.