PWK? (Read 709 times)
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Re: PWK?
Reply #45 - 12/12/21 at 19:58:56

Yeah I knowshe needs a bath.. and don’t make fun of my fender bracket…LOL

202BC128-91D2-4880-9C9F-3792CDAA7AE6.jpeg

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

Do not fear mistakes, there are none.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #46 - 12/12/21 at 19:59:54

Carb

9D9717D1-743B-479A-B835-C9F748B875CC.jpeg

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #47 - 12/13/21 at 19:39:22

Dan, your jets are way too big.   If you go through this post you will see that I suggested you run something like a 140 main jet and a 38 pilot jet (somewhere around those sizes).  Review this entire post and the others I referred you to.  Your current jetting is grossly wrong.

I can see from your pictures that you still have the stock clamp on your intake manifold.  That clamp won’t allow you to correctly tighten the manifold to the carb.   I provided specific info on that clamp in the posts I referred you to.   Get the correct clamp.  If you don’t use the right clamp it’s gonna leak and run lousy.

In regard to the throttle cable, I previously mentioned that the Barnett cables Lancer sells for the Mikuni VM will work with the Keihin PWK.  To use that Barnett cable you may have to lengthen the slot in your twist grip to allow use of the second hole.  Again, review the posts I referenced to get more details.  Over the years the cables have changed so the cable is “model year specific”.  That assumes no one has changed your twist grip assembly.

In answer to your question about the elbow, yes, you want to use a “street elbow”.  It’s the one with the large radius.   All the specifics including manufacturer and part number were already provided.

All this stuff has been covered before.  You are going too fast.  You must have a good understanding of what you are doing before you undertake a job like this.  I get that you are anxious to get it runnin but that’s a recipe for failure.  Slow down.  Read all the old posts several times.  Carefully look over all the pictures I provided.  Make sure you understand everything.  Ask questions before you put it together.  

You didn’t tell us what’s size main air bleed, or what size needle jet.  You have to check those with pin gages or numbered drill bits.  We can’t help you get it right without all the info.  

What groove is your slide needle clip in?  Are there any markings on the slide needle (numbers, letters, etc.)?

How does your float level look?  Post a pic of the float level.

It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #48 - 12/13/21 at 19:55:41

Dang,
Yeah my third set of jets is on the way. I ordered the 100 through 120 something on accident, then I go to 155 through 178 no Bueno. So the 142 is on the way I have a 35 pilot in there now. I’m gonna have to take the darn thing back out to verify the Needle. Sorry to be frustrating. And yes you’re right I just wanna ride it. So right now I have a 35 pilot 155 mean the 35 pilot is good idles great. I guess I’m bout to invest in pin gauges. I’ll see what harbor freight has to offer as far as drillbits. And yes I read your post about 57 times. Once again I apologize. And the 40 mm upon receiving it had a 170 Main and a 55 pilot for the record. And if I was looking at your pictures correctly mine has an extender if you will for the main jet.

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #49 - 12/13/21 at 20:01:48

Will post a pic tomorrow of float, I already did the hacksaw to the plastic on the throttle lever.

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #50 - 12/13/21 at 21:58:25

DBM - you are a fountain of knowledge.  I am soaking all this up for when I get my motor back together.

Theduderino - pay attention.  Slow down and do it right.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker (destroyed by fire)
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribut
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #51 - 12/15/21 at 19:13:21

Here is the “extender” i was referring too…DBM, im taking heed. Carb coming out this weekend, I appreciate yalls help..

F6F924DB-DC7E-4987-9BAA-AD0A50F9B9B7.jpeg

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #52 - 12/16/21 at 00:33:23

Duderino, what is that????   Extender????   Where did it come from???

Can you post a picture that shows the "extender" installed?  I've never seen anything like that in a PWK.  Maybe you have a removable needle jet.  If so, it doesn't look like a standard PWK main jet will fit.  Sure would be nice if we had some pics of the inside of your PWK.

Hey Sneezy, does your's have anything that looks like this so called "extender"?  

Also, Duderino, you want to put a short section of 2" PVC pipe in the female socket on your street elbow.  Instead of stretching your rubber connector over the OD of the female socket you would simply slip the rubber connector over the short section of pipe sticking out of the elbow.  That will make removal and installation a lot easier, and also position the elbow and filter perfectly rather than have it pulled so far forward.  I'm amazed you didn't tear the rubber coupling trying to stretch it over the elbow.

Like this only yours will be white PVC.  See the section of 2" pipe sticking out of the socket.

Elbow_with_Pipe_Section.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #53 - 12/16/21 at 03:21:11

Ok,
More to follow this weekend, but my main jet threads into the longer piece. Then the longer piece threads into carb. Also there is a piece of pipe as an extension installed. The battery box needs a little mod…

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #54 - 12/16/21 at 03:38:50

I guess it is a removable needle jet? But I couldn’t stand it so before work dropped the drain nut….

1ED7F7FF-3654-4DB5-AAD6-C751498527B9.jpeg

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #55 - 12/16/21 at 03:42:16

DBM,
That’s the part I was referring to that looks a little different than yours. It looks like your jet is the only thing that threads in right there.

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #56 - 12/16/21 at 03:58:16

OK I couldn’t stand it I had to drop the whole bowl before I left for work.

1523CD7D-68CA-4BD6-87EE-6A37F59294B1.jpeg

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #57 - 12/16/21 at 04:05:51

Well Hells bells, removable needle JEt…

F119EC0A-1049-49E0-A8EA-96D4FCCACF16.jpeg

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #58 - 12/16/21 at 04:11:25

Here’s another pic of it not all the way threaded in…

FA5B47DE-5006-4060-9771-B0D2A1B89DE8.jpeg

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #59 - 12/16/21 at 04:18:37

Needle jet: the needle jet/nozzle, varies the fuel/air mixture up to 3/4 throttle. How it overlaps with the jet needle depends on the needle jet orifice i.d., air bleed holes, and type of nozzle screen. Most modern japanese carburetors use a fixed needle jet/nozzle assembly which cannot be removed. If your carburetor has a removable needle jet/nozzle please contact the manufacturer in order to decipher the nozzle code. It is also not advisable to calculate how rich or lean a needle jet is using exclusively the nozzle inside diameter to needle outside diameter discharge area.… oh lord now what lol… revisit this later got to leave for work. Talk soon

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 21:20:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › PWK?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.