Send Topic Print
Dyna muffler help (Read 62 times)
dougiestyle
YaBB Newbies

2002 Savage

Maryland, USA
Dyna muffler help
10/01/21 at 13:38:00

I went ahead and installed... sorta installed... the Dyna muffler. My only issue is the angle off the header pipe seemes to be angled inward. I saw this was a common problem through the other posts. All I could find is to get some exhaust pipe at a 10degree bend and have it welded together. Is this the best option or is there other options before welding it? Also does anyone know the diameter of exhaust pipe I would need for this?

2002 Savage
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Dyna muffler help
Reply #1 - 10/01/21 at 15:17:25

Dougie, you can make the required adapter with some simple hand tools and a cheap Map gas torch.  This post gives some fairly detailed instructions.  Make the sleeve used to fill the gap between the adapter and the header pipe about half as long as the one shown in the post (about 1 to 1.25" long).  

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1623048749

VHT Flame Proof paint (black or silver) dolls it up nicely, and these Evil Energy clamps work good.

Good luck, Mike

Clamp_Harley.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
dougiestyle
YaBB Newbies

2002 Savage

Maryland, USA
Re: Dyna muffler help
Reply #2 - 10/05/21 at 03:17:39

DragBikeMike wrote on 10/01/21 at 15:17:25:
Dougie, you can make the required adapter with some simple hand tools and a cheap Map gas torch.  This post gives some fairly detailed instructions.  Make the sleeve used to fill the gap between the adapter and the header pipe about half as long as the one shown in the post (about 1 to 1.25" long).  

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1623048749

VHT Flame Proof paint (black or silver) dolls it up nicely, and these Evil Energy clamps work good.

Good luck, Mike

Mike,
Thank you. I plan on attempting this either this weekend or next. Nice tutorial BTW.

Doug

2002 Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 01:57:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna muffler help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.