Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 
Send Topic Print
1987 Savage Street Tracker build (Read 7075 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: 1987 Savage Street Tracker build
Reply #900 - 03/18/24 at 16:35:34

Crap.  I feel for you.  Hang in there.  :'(

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #901 - 03/18/24 at 22:37:28

zevenenergie wrote on 03/18/24 at 01:59:15:
I hope you are well insured.
I once lost all my vehicles in a fire, but I got more in return than I could have sold them for.
It is advisable to hire a company that will claim the damage from the insurance company. They know exactly how it works and you are still in shock even though you don't think so and then you can't think clearly.
After I did that, I was reimbursed twice as much as initially from the insurance.

What kind of companies do that, and how do I go about locating one?  We have AAA for our homeowners and vehicle policies.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #902 - 03/19/24 at 00:22:19

I live in Europe, so I can't give you addresses, but because the fire was large and several houses were damaged and it was in the news, I was approached by several companies that offered this service.

I think if you were to ask a law firm that does insurance matters, they might be able to help you find people who specialize in this.

But you can also google this text:

Fire victim? We ensure maximum reimbursement.

I sure lots of results come up.
In my country, there are no costs associated with counter-expertise for insured persons.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Reply #903 - 03/19/24 at 01:00:52

I just submitted this question to Chatgpt, which is artificial intelligence.

User
Say i live in Northern Nevada and I had a fire in my hobby shed with engines (bike,s) and all kinds of tools in it and everything was lost. How do I go about getting everything reimbursed by the insurance company? And how do I call in counter expertise to handle the damage?

Chat gpt:

I'm sorry to hear about the fire in your hobby shed. Dealing with insurance claims and assessing damage can be a stressful process, but there are steps you can take to make it smoother:

Contact Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company as soon as possible about the fire and the extent of the damage. Most insurance policies require prompt notification of any incidents. They will guide you through the claims process.

Document Everything: Before cleaning up or making any repairs, document the damage thoroughly. Take photographs or videos of the entire area, including any damaged items and the extent of the destruction. This documentation will be crucial for your insurance claim.

Review Your Policy: Familiarize yourself with your insurance policy to understand what is covered and the process for filing a claim. Pay attention to any limitations or exclusions that may apply to your situation.

Provide Documentation: Your insurance company will likely request documentation to support your claim. This may include receipts, appraisals, or other proof of ownership for the items lost in the fire. Provide this information promptly to expedite the claims process.

Work with Adjusters: Your insurance company may send an adjuster to assess the damage and determine the value of your loss. Cooperate with the adjuster and provide any additional information they request.

Consider Hiring a Public Adjuster: If you're concerned about the insurance company's assessment or believe you're not being adequately compensated, you can hire a public adjuster to represent your interests. Public adjusters are independent professionals who can help you navigate the claims process and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. They typically work on a percentage of the final settlement.

Keep Records: Throughout the claims process, keep detailed records of all communications with your insurance company, including emails, letters, and phone calls. This documentation can help protect your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation.

Review Settlement Offers: Once the insurance company assesses the damage and determines your claim, they will provide a settlement offer. Review this offer carefully to ensure it adequately covers your losses. If you have any concerns or questions, discuss them with your insurance company or a legal professional.

Dealing with insurance claims can be complex, especially after a traumatic event like a fire. Don't hesitate to seek support from professionals or legal experts if needed.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #904 - 03/19/24 at 21:11:04

Thanks for the tips, zevenenergie.  Two days after the disaster, AAA is already trying to deny stuff.  I am actively seeking legal coucil.  I knew this was going happen!  Insurance sucks...

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #905 - 03/22/24 at 03:06:22

Deb and I were out of town last week and I could not access the forum.

I am so sorry for this disaster.......it has to be horribly upsetting to have lost so much.  There is so much of your time and investment gone, and so much more is needed for cleanup and getting back what you have lost.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #906 - 03/22/24 at 08:41:10

I read the fine print in our policy.  It states "motor vehicles, and parts for motor vehicles, whether attached to a motor vehicle or not, are not covered".  Legal council will not be able to overcome that.  With my baja (value $25,000), my truck project ($20,000+ in parts), and the street tracker ($5,000+) it amounts to a massive loss that I will not see any return on.  I will be able to claim the loss on next year's tax return, though.  Not much of a consolation, that's for sure.  This June would have marked 20 years of ownership on the baja.  End of an era.  I have decided that it won't get replaced.  Luckily the Green Monster (Kawasaki 750) was in the front garage.  I am still trying to decide if I will restart the truck project.  Or the tracker.  I so wanted to see how that bike rode.   :'(  Being retired, our nest egg will only go so far, and coming up with another $50k to $60k in toy funds does not appear to be doable.

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #907 - 03/22/24 at 08:48:48

There will be a shop 2.0, which is a small ray of sunshine.  Shop 2.0 will be better.  How much I get for all my equipment and tools will have to be seen.  40 plus years of tool and equipment acquisition is difficult to inventory, but all I have is time.

Initial fire cause investigation is pointing to a Ryobi cordless battery charger I had on one of my benches.  The charger was plugged into a power strip.  Don't leave your batteries on charge overnight, kids.  Important safety tip.

20240317_0918381.jpg

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #908 - 03/22/24 at 09:16:00

Good tip on not leaving chargers unattended. I do it all the time...but no more.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #909 - 03/22/24 at 15:31:25

2.0 bigger , betterer ?  Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #910 - 03/22/24 at 21:02:35

Betterer, but not bigger.  Stem wall foundation is okay.  Going to build the same building on the existing foundation.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #911 - 03/23/24 at 11:49:45

Don't know what to say: 'sorry' sounds so inadequate.  I've been so paranoid about fire in my rented garage such that I've never unpacked my cheap welder!  
Planning a fresh start may relieve some of the pain.
Cheers!  Cool   Keep us informed.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #912 - 03/23/24 at 17:37:05

certainly looks wise to investigate fire safety regarding battery charging.

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #913 - 03/23/24 at 18:28:07

Sneeze , Where’s the Green Meanie ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #914 - 03/23/24 at 18:29:42

2.0 , fire suppression system , sprinkler system ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 01:50:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1987 Savage Street Tracker build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.