Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62
Send Topic Print
1987 Savage Street Tracker build (Read 7075 times)
SpamyToo

Re: 1987 Savage Street Tracker build
Reply #765 - 08/22/22 at 17:41:26

Ive had some dents like that removed from tanks by a "Paintless dent repair specilist".  He used special bent rods inside the tank and massaged the dents out.  As long as the paint isnt cracked it can then be buffed out.

I was really suprised how good they looked afterwards.

At that time he charged me $50 a dent.

WWW   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #766 - 08/22/22 at 18:18:55

Love the color scheme.  

Too bad Labs are so darned friendly!

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #767 - 08/23/22 at 23:44:05

So happy to hear you’re doing better, Sneeze! Color looks amazing, although isn’t UNR blue a bit darker than that? As a former UNLV faculty member, I remember seeing that color on the cannon when our team finally won the rivalry for once  Grin

So sorry to hear about the dent, man what a bummer! Hopefully fixing it won’t be too much trouble.  I’ve got a big dent in my Yamaha’s tank that I keep postponing dealing with, it’s gonna be a pain!  

Anyway, happy progress is being made now that you’re feeling better!

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #768 - 08/24/22 at 15:02:45

Edub - yes, the UNR logo uses a darker blue.  But I went with the Nevada state colors.  Not the UNR blue.  Yes, the wolfpack logo is going on it.  And when you get right down to it, almost every shade of blue has been used with Nevada merchandise.

« Last Edit: 08/25/22 at 06:46:35 by TheSneeze »  

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #769 - 08/25/22 at 03:05:11

Don’t forget about a blue headlight bulb too. Paint , seams on the seat and a blue headlight bulb. Gotta have that blue theme. I think it is a white xenon halogen bulb , has that blue tint , works better than stock , eBay
I like mine , I have some blue in the paint job too !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #770 - 08/25/22 at 06:48:02

Paint job?  What paint job?  Oohhh... the one you have never posted any pictures of!!  Pics or it never happened, pal!

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #771 - 08/25/22 at 13:42:11

Hell , my wife still hasn’t seen it.
I work 70 miles from here , I work 6 to 7 days a week , anywhere between 8 (yeah right ) to 12 hours , so with about 3 hours travel time doesn’t leave much time for everything else in life. Besides I suck as a photographer, so use your imagination. I eat peer pressure for breakfast , I never nut up , knuckle under or shiver and piss myself. I revel in peer pressure, what works on everyone else won’t work on me , ask my bosses. So send more , Feed me  Grin

It’s got a ways to go still

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #772 - 08/25/22 at 14:21:13

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #773 - 08/25/22 at 20:15:36

We might just finish both bikes very near to one another. It’s always another delay. No need to spend too much money on yours cause mine will be faster. All my  R & D has been done it’s about data collection, any tuning will be minor(jet swap). How far are you from say Truckee ? It would be fun to do a track day at a local short track. Ya know bang bars , swap some paint , ride stupid a get black flagged , fun stuff . I don’t know about you but I’m building a daily rider not a show bike. It’s time this bike starts paying me back with some seat time.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #774 - 08/25/22 at 20:43:18

I am about an hour and a half from Truckee, maybe less if I take it through Reno instead of Lake Tahoe.  I am just south of Carson City.  I would love to do a track day, once this hot rod is broken in.  It would be a ton of fun comparing machines and bangin' some bars!  Unfortunately I sold off my leathers quite some time ago.  I took a 26 year hiatus from two wheels after my first kid was born.  Long story, but came close to watching a friend come close to losing his life on a ride with me when the #1 kid was 5 days old.  A bit of a game changer.  But now I am retired, and just as stupid as I was!  So why not!  Once the racing is in your blood you never get it out.

After two wheels, I got into sports car racing with the SCCA.  Figured a roll cage and fenders was better than two wheels. That's me in the #38 passing on the apron at California Speedway.  I saw pavement... the stewards saw a little differently!  LOL!

calspeedway.jpg

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #775 - 08/25/22 at 22:02:04

Ain’t like all 4 tires were on the apron , right  Grin

I haven’t raced in 34 years, whenever I watch flat track my heart pounds. Ya know we say it’s for fun but it gets real serious real fast with 2 old racers.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #776 - 08/25/22 at 22:29:42

We are going to some local flat track races in Carson City this Saturday.  Fun stuff!

IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #777 - 08/25/22 at 22:44:04

TheSneeze wrote on 08/25/22 at 20:43:18:
I am about an hour and a half from Truckee, maybe less if I take it through Reno instead of Lake Tahoe.  I am just south of Carson City.  I would love to do a track day, once this hot rod is broken in.  It would be a ton of fun comparing machines and bangin' some bars!  Unfortunately I sold off my leathers quite some time ago.  I took a 26 year hiatus from two wheels after my first kid was born.  Long story, but came close to watching a friend come close to losing his life on a ride with me when the #1 kid was 5 days old.  A bit of a game changer.  But now I am retired, and just as stupid as I was!  So why not!  Once the racing is in your blood you never get it out.

After two wheels, I got into sports car racing with the SCCA.  Figured a roll cage and fenders was better than two wheels. That's me in the #38 passing on the apron at California Speedway.  I saw pavement... the stewards saw a little differently!  LOL!

Ooh, RX7!!! I approve!!!! Loved those cars!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #778 - 08/25/22 at 22:56:51

Lodi Cycle Bowl is half hour away from me , very famous track in these parts. Some racers find it customary to race there night before they race the Sacramento Mile. Blue groove tracks are usually faster than the Cush tracks.  I did 2 laps at San Jose mile on a Honda XR200 , wfo 72 mph all the way around , also did a lap on the same bike on knobbies at Laguna Seca. I also attended many races at Laguna Seca,San Jose & Sac miles and lots of local tracks. Lodi is a special place , you would be hard pressed trying to find any famous flat tracker that hasn’t raced there.

« Last Edit: 08/26/22 at 12:21:35 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #779 - 08/27/22 at 11:31:22

The work on the baja is done and it's on the trail once more.  I had to do a major shop clean and rearrange to fit the donor vehicle for another vehicle project I have lined up.  So now I have 4 work benches, 3 motorcycles, a baja, and a '04 Dodge Dakota 4 door in my shop.  Since I can't move around very much, it's the perfect time to start on the tracker motor.  Yay!

20220826_1526382.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 62
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 20:12:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 1987 Savage Street Tracker build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!