Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Engine drive pulley (Read 48 times)
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Engine drive pulley
09/26/21 at 19:45:55

good evening everybody, I was wondering about a post from 04 from Ver. It’s a zip file of all the savage torque specs. On the left there’s newton meters and on the right no foot pounds. But there’s two sets of numbers under each of these, are these ranges?

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

Do not fear mistakes, there are none.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Engine drive pulley
Reply #1 - 09/27/21 at 05:24:34

Yep, it is a range.

I always clean the threads on the nut and shaft, and install thread locker in addition to bending over 2 or 3 of corners of the "new" locking washer I install.  (A loose pulley nut can result in the output shaft being ruined - I want to be sure the pulley nut stays tight).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #2 - 09/27/21 at 08:39:54

Yeah I rode her yesterday for about 30 miles. When I came out from the establishment I was at I noticed about a 50 Cent peace spot of oil underneath. I removed the front cover, which also I can’t seem to figure out which spacer in which the screw goes in one of the three holes! But it didn’t look like it was coming out of the output shaft I think maybe the transmission cover bolts or the stater cover. And I was reading my manual and said there’s three special washers that need to go back in place.

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 09/27/21 at 09:44:00

Cardboard
Draw the shape of the clutch cover
Slot for every bolt
Poke the bolts, with washer in the respective slot.

No assembly puzzles

The head cover job is much easier that way too

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #4 - 09/27/21 at 13:39:42

Oh yes I’m keen on the cardboard usage. Short term memory loss LOL. I’m talking about the drive pulley cover. They have the spacers and the rubber grommets. I forget which spacer goes where.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #5 - 09/27/21 at 14:13:13

Oil leakage in that area can be coming from the rubber gromet with the 3 wires coming from the stator and the trigger wires for the ignitor.
You can try cleaning it real well with brake cleaner and rtv'ing everything over. Or you will have to pull the left side cover to do a good job of sealing it. Don't pull the side cover off without a new gasket in hand and a exploded parts diagram of that side. There is a little washer that normaly falls out and you must put it back on the right shaft or the starter won't work. Be prepared for the stator magnet to pull things around also, it is very strong. Also that case is WET, meaning you will have to drain the oil first.

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Reply #6 - 09/27/21 at 17:55:22

LEDs

3F5C237D-22CE-4E3F-8F4A-676A6FC3E91D.jpeg

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 22:43:23

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Engine drive pulley

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.