08/26/21 at 05:18:51

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Murder during a riot
Reply #1 - 08/26/21 at 05:52:07

Unless it was ANTIFA and Trump was in power, then it would be a line of duty event.

My question is would you, as in anyone besides me, jump through the window of a doorway that is barricaded in a building you do not hold title to, and no family or person within is in danger, that has people pointing guns at you?

I would not.  I consider the actions of the person shot to be 50% of this equation.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 08/26/21 at 06:35:28

It doesn’t appear she saw the gun and doesn’t appear he shouted a warning.

Never say never, but no, I can’t imagine a situation where I would do that. I said when you get involved in something like that, you knowingly or unknowingly assume risk. It’s like riding a motorcycle. Our risk is higher and we accept that.
However, we also assume and expect a certain level of civility. If we can send cops to jail for excessive force used and do it very publicly, not sure why this guy was given a pass behind closed door.
Well everyone knows why, but still.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 08/26/21 at 07:48:43

Quote:
not sure why this guy was given a pass behind closed door.
Well everyone knows why, but still.

This outcome was as predictable and as inevitable as the sun rising on the east side of my house each morning.

The Capital Police are now recognized by anyone with two functioning brain cells as Nancy Pelosi's personal Gestapo.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 08/26/21 at 08:13:44

Quote:
Eegore wrote on 08/26/21 at 05:52:07:
 " ...
 My question is would you, as in anyone besides me, jump through the window of a doorway that is barricaded in a building you do not hold title to, and no family or person within is in danger, that has people pointing guns at you?
... "

Could you provide the, proof, that she saw guns pointing at her,
and that the people pointing the guns,
said/announced, they were pointing guns ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 08/26/21 at 10:37:26

E,you can keep playing games. You know Afghanistan did Not buy the equipment
And the killer hustled Out of a door, shot her, no time for her to see and respond.
You have the resources,, find it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/26/21 at 14:03:17

E,you can keep playing games. You know Afghanistan did Not buy the equipment

This is fundamentally incorrect as there are multiple written agreements of arms purchase between the US and the recognized Afghan Government representatives.  Now to be fair, some of it was given away as we were not going to haul back all of our 20 year old sh!t.

When I was in Afghanistan we had to etch-in serial numbers provided by the DoD on specified equipment because the Afghan Government had purchased identical equipment.  Specifically under the 2002 Supplemental Appropriations Act, by actions through the FMF (Foreign Military Financing) and I still have a copy of this particular arms agreement, as well as all of the assigned serial numbers from the DoD.

Did you know the DoD hasn't even been maintaining those UH-60's for years?  I could put you in direct contact with the President of the contracting firm that has been maintaining them, maybe he could enlighten you to who owns, and is paying for, those things to be airworthy.

Could you tell me how many aircraft made it to Uzbekistan and who brought it there?  I can, and guess who doesn't own any of it?  The US Government.  Why?  Because they were sold to the Afghan Government and were removed by US trained Afghan military.  

What have you seen from all of your zero time in Afghanistan that would indicate the Afghan Government "did Not buy the equipment?"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 08/26/21 at 14:08:11

Blah blah blah,, I don't buy it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/26/21 at 14:13:50

You don't have to buy it.

Obviously all of the decades of documentation on selling military equipment to Afghanistan has been faked.  Bush literally doing press statements about it - wrong.  Trump's statement's documented in WH archive, wrong.  At the time - Foreign Relations Committee chairman, Senator Jim Risch commenting on it - wrong.

https://knoema.com/atlas/Afghanistan/Military-expenditure-as-a-share-of-GDP  Wrong!

But JoG, yeah he knows all of this is false and the US actually still owns all those things.

Why would anyone think the US Government has not sold equipment to Afghanistan?

« Last Edit: 08/26/21 at 19:23:22 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 08/26/21 at 19:01:14

"It doesn’t appear she saw the gun and doesn’t appear he shouted a warning."

So I watched the two videos of the shooting and I agree she may have not seen a firearm, and due to the noise may not have heard any warnings that may have been given.

The gun was certainly drawn and pointed prior to the shooting, as the person who filmed one angle states he saw the weapon and attempted to warn her.  That much is clear.

As for the advancement this is a common tactic to make sure the round impacts it's intended target.  This whole "he ran up on her" or "advanced on her" rhetoric is from people trying to make it sound worse or are uneducated as to how fire exercises work.  The closer you are, the more accurate you are, the "slide-step" has been taught for years for this exact purpose.

I don't know if the final line was those doors or not, nobody here does, so who knows if orders to stand that line were given or not.  I still think if I crawl through a window that had to be smashed in I assume a degree of risk.

As I said before, if this were an ANTIFA person the complaints and defense of the actions would be the same, just from opposite people.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 08/26/21 at 19:32:28

You can watch the videos till h*ll freezes over, and You and JOG can argue back and forth about this and that for the same amount of time and you are completely missing the point.

This was a bad shoot - she was not a threat - he was a bad cop - his record speaks for itself - affirmative action  POS promoted because of his race not his competence or judgement.

This was so plainly a political exoneration that I can't believe anyone is even surprised by it. Given the steaming load of manure surrounding everything the the Dems have said and done regarding the so called "insurrection" - "worse that 9/ll, existential threat to the country, bigger threat than Islamic fundamentalist Jihad, yada, yada, yada - what other result did anyone think was possible when the Capital Police investigated their own mistake?  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/26/21 at 19:42:11

"what other result did anyone think was possible when the Capital Police investigated their own mistake?"

I do think a use of force investigation by an organization other than the Capitol Police should have been done.  Again I don't know enough of the situation to say.  Maybe they were told to hold that line - which means unarmed non-threats can not enter either, or maybe he just took a shot he didn't have to.

Just because I don't think he rushed out of the blue doesn't mean I think he did the right thing.  Just because I think if he shot an ANTIFA person we would have the opposite people complaining still doesn't mean I think he did the right thing.  He very well could have been wrong, but that video isn't enough for me to say.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 08/26/21 at 21:52:50

This was a bad shoot - she was not a threat..

I'm not arguing against that at all.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 08/27/21 at 05:00:51

Eegore: As I said before, if this were an ANTIFA person the complaints and defense of the actions would be the same, just from opposite people.
You can’t possibly believe that.

When a drug dealer on death’s door  died at the hands of a policeman we gave him a national funeral and then dozens of cities burned “in protest”.

Nothing other than written objections and some legal challenges came out of Bryd killing her. Nothing else. Do you honestly think that if antifa had invaded the capital or the White House and an on armed antifa woman, a veteran to boot, was shot and killed, I’m sorry a black unarmed antifa veteran, was shot and killed by a white policeman who was then adjudicated anonymously and in private, you really don’t believe Washington DC and other cities would’ve burned?
Have you been drinking?

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 08/27/21 at 06:21:16

Quote:
Maybe they were told to hold that line - which means unarmed non-threats can not enter either,

That's the most utterly ridiculous statement I've heard in this whole discussion. The rules for the use of deadly force are exactly the same for the police as they are for civilians - because they ARE civilians. They are not troops engaged in combat with an enemy .

Cops don't get to "Hold the line" by shooting unarmed people who they ( the cops) think MIGHT be a threat, and who they haven't positively identified as such..

He shot THROUGH the F*ckin Door for cryin' out loud. I doubt he even knew who the he*l he hit till it was all over.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 01:26:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Murder during a riot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.