Quandary ! (Read 30 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Quandary !
06/22/21 at 23:24:47

The loony running Canuckistan is being pressured to open the border July 5. I desperately want to jump southward to pick up parts, hardware, clothes etc.
The requirement will be a vax passport.
As a contrarian, and someone who has taken over 9000 doses of Hydroxyblablabla since April 1996 due to RA, I have so far resisted vaxing.
Monterey has Bike Week in July. I'd love to go but need the darn Vax.
Bend or resist?  
Cheers!

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: Quandary !
Reply #1 - 06/23/21 at 04:05:42

I had my first Pfizer shot today, no side effects, second shot in three weeks. I would have it. I don't think it will kill you and it may save you.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Quandary !
Reply #2 - 06/23/21 at 08:14:29

If you want to cross the border sooner take the vaccine.

If you want to go to Bike Week this year take the vaccine.

If you don't care how long it takes for the vaccine requirement to end then wait.  My information indicates the vaccine does not kill many people in the short-term.  (I take my information from 61 international sources and have them cross-referenced by two teams that compare the data against alternate source material.)

How dangerous is the vaccine in the long-term?  No idea.  We have the same information for this vaccine as we do about any medication ever made in regards to future risk.  

I see no elevated risk over any other vaccine distributed at this scale, or within the distribution timeframe.  If anything it skews higher due to the elderly and infirm receiving vaccines first.  Basically more of the 90+ year old's that received it died, than 60 years old's, but that trend has been universal for hundreds of years for obvious reasons.

Hydroxychloroquine has not yet shown to be effective specific to SARS-COV-2 in a verifiable, measurable way.  I know, personally, well over 40 people that have taken HCQ, that I supplied, as a prophylactive and gotten Covid.  Trump took HCQ, claimed it worked, and got Covid, so I wouldn't count on any government agency, Canadian or otherwise to accept HCQ as an alternative to a vaccine.  Maybe it is helping you, but unfortunately there seems to be no way to verify that unless you sign up to be voluntarily infected within a control group.

I think it's a matter of how soon you want to go out and do things.  It sounds like you have more of a philosophical resistance than a safety concern. (Contrarian)  So at some point your desire to attend events may supersede your desire to resist vaccine, whether you think you need it or not.  

Maybe do some research and see if there are vaccine passport timelines/limits already implemented?  If you know vaccine passports are done by December 31 at least you know you can go shopping in the South by 2021.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 10:06:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › Quandary !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.