Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dropped by to say Hi (Read 28 times)
babbalou
Serious Thumper

Lewisville, Texas
Dropped by to say Hi
06/13/21 at 22:17:55

It's been a long time since I was here. Got my new 2004 S40 17 years ago & became a member here. 3 years later traded it for a Vstrom 650, then a Honda NC700X & sort of drifted on to other forums. I can say that getting older I'm starting to miss the light weight of my S40. Might be my next bike. Last time I dropped the Vstrom I couldn't get it back on the stand. Paid a neighbor to help me lift it. S40, I loved the belt drive, low-end torque & easy access to anything I'd need to work on. When Ryca came out with parts that would change the ergonomics to suit me better I regretted getting rid of my S40. That was the only reason I got rid of it, ergonomics. I checked & Ryca still makes the parts. I still remember some of the mods like drilling out the brass plug on the pilot jet screw & turning it out some to stop the backfire. I'll drop by now & then. I see some names I remember.

Had an S40 Jul '04-Jan '07
WWW   IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Dropped by to say Hi
Reply #1 - 06/14/21 at 08:13:06

When you have a stable, Savage is the bike that beckons...  Wink

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Re: Dropped by to say Hi
Reply #2 - 06/14/21 at 19:46:28

babbalou wrote on 06/13/21 at 22:17:55:
It's been a long time since I was here. Got my new 2004 S40 17 years ago & became a member here. 3 years later traded it for a Vstrom 650, then a Honda NC700X & sort of drifted on to other forums. I can say that getting older I'm starting to miss the light weight of my S40. Might be my next bike. Last time I dropped the Vstrom I couldn't get it back on the stand. Paid a neighbor to help me lift it. S40, I loved the belt drive, low-end torque & easy access to anything I'd need to work on. When Ryca came out with parts that would change the ergonomics to suit me better I regretted getting rid of my S40. That was the only reason I got rid of it, ergonomics. I checked & Ryca still makes the parts. I still remember some of the mods like drilling out the brass plug on the pilot jet screw & turning it out some to stop the backfire. I'll drop by now & then. I see some names I remember.

I hear ya' Babbalou! I already buckled.
I sold  mine 3 yrs ago.  :'(  Picked up another a couple weeks ago. Cool

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 05:29:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dropped by to say Hi

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.