Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Clutch slipping during warm up??? (Read 160 times)
twhitus

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pinellas park, floida
Re: Clutch slipping during warm up???
Reply #15 - 07/17/21 at 12:52:39

could this be a sticky cable when its cooler? like the cable lube is a bit gunked up and its not releasing all the way?

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #16 - 07/18/21 at 11:32:51

Test ride done.  Clutch feels better than ever and the transmission "whine" during deceleration has been reduced to 20% of what it had been.  I never realized how loud it actually was. I'm thinking that thing has been loose since I got it.

Oh and after giving it some more thought, I think I have closer to 20k on this bike, not the 30k I thought I might have.  I'll have to dig up the old speedos to be sure.

And as far as I know, I'm the only one who ever pulled the clutch cover when I replaced the chain tensioner. seems hard to believe but I think the nut might have been installed like that at the factory.    Shocked

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 07/19/21 at 04:22:30

ohiomoto wrote on 07/18/21 at 11:32:51:
And as far as I know, I'm the only one who ever pulled the clutch cover when I replaced the chain tensioner. seems hard to believe but I think the nut might have been installed like that at the factory.    Shocked

That is entirely possible.  I bought my bike used with only 262 miles on it.  At 400 miles it started making a ticking sound and by 1,200 miles it was a horrible knock that sounded like the engine was coming apart.  Ultimately it turned out the flywheel nut on the crankshaft was loose......and nobody had ever messed around in there after it left the factory.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 04:15:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch slipping during warm up???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.