Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Evolution of a Hot Rod - Part 1: The Stocker (Read 320 times)
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Re: Evolution of a Hot Rod - Part 1: The Stocker
Reply #45 - 05/10/21 at 14:24:05

It might be pointed out that Dave had a tool rental program with the light flywheels he was selling.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #46 - 05/11/21 at 05:33:34

What I really want to know is who the hell is this DragBikeMike guy and what does he do in his spare time?!*  #laboroflove #dedication #informationquest #profileplease

Smiley

*Spare time being time NOT spent working on the LS650.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #47 - 05/11/21 at 09:09:19

DragBikeMike wrote on 05/10/21 at 13:59:14:
Fastman, thanks for the suggestion regarding the cam vs flywheel. That's an interesting problem.  The flywheel requires a puller, special deep socket, and offset wrench.  I suspect a prudent shopper could probably find those tools on Amazon or eBay for about the price of a DR650 cam. You do the flywheel and you get to keep the tools for future projects. You do the cam and you get the benefit of the extended powerband, but you have to go a bit deeper into the engine.  It would be interesting to hear from some of the novices regarding which to tackle first.

For me it's cam before flywheel because while the lighter flywheel will let you spin faster, it's not what gets you there.  Most of us are not looking to beat the next guy to the next corner anyway.

WWW   IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Reply #48 - 05/11/21 at 10:51:20

Quote:
 For me it's cam before flywheel because while the lighter flywheel will let you spin faster, it's not what gets you there.  Most of us are not looking to beat the next guy to the next corner anyway.[/color]

Look back at the number of posts from people asking for lighter flywheels vs people asking for Stage 3 or DR cams too. Based on that, cam swaps are the path most people take first.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 23:39:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Evolution of a Hot Rod - Part 1: The Stocker

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.