Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decompresion solenoit problems (Read 37 times)
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Decompresion solenoit problems
04/13/21 at 11:14:14

Dear Friends,

I have a problem.
When I press the start button, .The starter motor pushes the piston through the compression, but it ist,s difficult.
And sometimes it starts as it should. No problem at all.

Upon further investigation, it appears that the decompression isolenoid isn,t always working.
Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

If it doesn't work and I push the solinoit forward with my finger, it does work without a problem.

Can it be it,s to far back?

I have no idea how to fix this and need some help here.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Decompresion solenoit problems
Reply #1 - 04/13/21 at 12:49:23

zevenenergie wrote on 04/13/21 at 11:14:14:
Dear Friends,

I have a problem.
When I press the start button, .The starter motor pushes the piston through the compression, but it ist,s difficult.
And sometimes it starts as it should. No problem at all.

Upon further investigation, it appears that the decompression isolenoid isn,t always working.
Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

If it doesn't work and I push the solinoit forward with my finger, it does work without a problem.

https://i.imgur.com/4jLhMPKl.png

Can it be it,s to far back?

I have no idea how to fix this and need some help here.

Im no expert, but im an old biker, my friends hade Norton or Triumph, I drove Suzuki two strokers.
In any way.. on those Norton/Triumph, one have to not hesitate to jump on the kickstarter.. otherwise, the pistone could get backward!

On our bike there is no kickstart, they solved it by puting on a starter unit, a starter motor and a decrompression solinoide.

The thing on your picture is problably the starter unit, the decompression solinoide should be on your engin, to lift the exhauste valve some seconds if one push the starter button?

And it goes like this, ( if I got it right?) first klick is the starting unit activate the decrompression solinoide, after a half second or more, it activates the starting motor, there are more time settings there (I think) and the decomp is shut of.. the engin starts!

And I read more about this bike.. only use the starter button in short bursts, if its not startede then, try the choke, and after that try to set the petkock to resev.. kind of obvius but often forgotten advices.

I dont have any major problems exept that my exhauste pipe get bluer every  year!

In any case, I got my a Clymer manual, and yuck there is a chapter for the Automatic Decropression Controll System.. and how to check all parts!
And like almoste any other problem on this bike it always starts whit, remove the seat and the tank.  Sad

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Decompresion solenoit problems
Reply #2 - 04/13/21 at 13:26:26

This type of solenoid is very strong if the gap between the plates is small.
And gets weaker if the gap is large.

So adjust it with more slack and see what happens.

How to tell if you have adjusted the decomp solenoid correctly.
On a well running engine that starts promptly, it can start on the 1st revolution if it doesn't stall on the 1st compression stroke.
Or it will take 2 or 3 revs.
Tighten the decomp cable if it starts of the 1st rev, loosen if it takes 3 or more.

« Last Edit: 04/13/21 at 18:02:55 by verslagen1 »  
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 06:34:20

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Decompresion solenoit problems

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.