Transparency (Read 51 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Transparency
04/06/21 at 10:18:35

“The Biden administration is restricting the information Border Patrol agents and sector chiefs can share with the media  …
The officials say the restrictions are seen as an unofficial "gag order" and are often referred to that way among colleagues.
The officials requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to the media about the topic.
Border Patrol officials have been told to deny all media requests for "ride-alongs" with agents along the southern border; local press officers are instructed to send all information queries, even from local media, to the press office in Washington for approval; and those responsible for cultivating data about the number of migrants in custody have been reminded not to share the information with anyone to prevent leaks, the officials said. …”

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/national-international/border-agents-feel-...

“…Biden administration attempts to ban Border Patrol agents from talking to media...
…Biden’s administration has verbally passed down an unofficial “gag order,” NBC News reported on Wednesday, citing two current and two former US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials. CBP agents and section chiefs are essentially banned from speaking to media outlets and have been instructed to deny all requests from journalists for ride-alongs. …
…The gag order is similar to another unofficial ban, which the Obama-Biden administration imposed on Texas CBP agents amid a border crisis in 2014. … back in 2014, he said the parents of unaccompanied children being sent across the border were being “reckless and dangerous.” …”

https://www.rt.com/usa/518413-biden-hushes-border-patrol/

“Though she worded her statement differently than Trump did, Roberta Jacobson, Biden’s border czar, admitted earlier this month that reversing Trump’s strict policies may have freed “pent up demand” from migrants to enter the US, and that Biden’s “more humane policy” may be driving more people to make the “decision” to cross the border.”

“I don't necessarily think that it's appropriate for journalists to be inside centers that are not permanent places for children,”
Rep. Linda Sanchez (D-California)

https://www.rt.com/usa/518825-biden-border-kids-pods/

But of course, it is all
  Trumps Fault. !!!!!

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Transparency
Reply #1 - 04/06/21 at 11:17:39

Sounds like a good plan if you want to downplay the bad decisions.

Not sure how well it will work with modern media these days though.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 04/06/21 at 13:18:40

Eegore wrote on 04/06/21 at 11:17:39:
 Sounds like a good plan if you want to downplay the bad decisions.

Ohh, yes! The
Mawdurn  Maydea are aligned against the democrats..

LOL FFS WAKE UP

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/06/21 at 13:33:36

To clarify I mean tools of modern media distribution.  Like cellphones with photo and video capabilities, drones, button cams, YouTube, etc.  Telling people to not talk only goes so far these days and nowhere near as far as it used to.

Someone can just fly a drone and get the footage that 20 years ago would have been "alleged" since there was no one willing or able to verify.  Now we can get that information ourselves.

So "gag order" issuances have a more limited effect.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/06/21 at 13:44:51

I understand why a jury would be gagged, but to tell people they can't be whistleblowers when they are seeing things that should not be happening is bullshit.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/06/21 at 13:55:37

"I understand why a jury would be gagged, but to tell people they can't be whistleblowers when they are seeing things that should not be happening is bullshit."

Whistleblowing is protected and one can not be ordered to not whistle blow as a Federal employee.  Although we all know anyone who isn't a Federal employee will claim that whistleblowing will just get you killed which is awfully convenient.

That being said talking to CNN, FOX or any news reporter is not whistleblowing.  Whistleblowing for Federal Agencies has a specific process and complaining to the news is not it.  Stopping journalists from going on a ride-along is not preventing whistleblowing.  

Telling people to refer to pre-approved responses from pre-approved sources has been around for a long time but is rarely put into writing.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #6 - 04/06/21 at 16:32:24

Eegore wrote on 04/06/21 at 13:33:36:
" ...   So "gag order" issuances have a more limited effect.

How many, 'unofficial', Gag orders did Trump do?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/06/21 at 17:53:58

"How many, 'unofficial', Gag orders did Trump do?"

No idea.  I am not making a comparison of Trump orders I am saying that gag orders by anyone at any future time from now.  Right now.  Will have limited effect compared to ones made 20 years ago.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 04/07/21 at 08:37:02

I believe this post is about,
how the current POTUS is,
100 times more Crooked.
 200 times more Devious.
And stuffs his (and buddies) pockets,
       400 times more,
than any past POTUS.
All evident in just 4 short months.

(But, he doesn’t tweet !)

Than, how effective gag orders are,
now vs in the past.

LOLOLOLOLOO

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 14:11:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Transparency

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.