Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
swing arm extention ls650? (Read 86 times)
desrose
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

swing arm extention ls650?
12/03/20 at 09:48:34

Hello, I need either a new belt drive for my savage or swing arm extensions.  I have found a belt for a very good price, but I am not sure if his type of belt will work.  And if it won't, where could I find some swing arm extensions for this bike?  I have looked all over the internet, and none for this bike. One industrial company was kind enough to sell me a drive belt that is 135 teeth, 1890-14m-40.  I thought
I would have enough adjustment.  
Anyway, if the picture doesn't show up here is the link to the belt I found.  
I think I might just have to fabricate some extensions and weld them on,  I don't want to mess with my swing arm too much. From what I understand alignment can be a problem.

IP Logged
desrose
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: swing arm extention ls650?
Reply #1 - 12/03/20 at 09:50:17

https://vbeltoutlet.com/product/htd-1862-14m-timing-belt-133-teeth/  since I had to post befor I could put a link.

Screenshot_2020-12-03_102958.png
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 12/03/20 at 11:22:14

Be advised that the stock belt is not rubber.

Another option to extending the swingarm is different pulleys.

Dave modifies a Kawasaki pulley to work with the savage.

WWW   IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #3 - 12/03/20 at 15:02:13

I bought a belt from Worldwide Bearings in Fairfield NJ that was slightly longer than stock. I have the Kawi front pulley, which is larger than stock, so it worked out.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 12/04/20 at 03:15:02

The belt you showed the link to has rounded teeth - it will not work on the Savage pulleys that have rectangular teeth.

The Savage belt is made by Bando.  You can buy them from an industrial supplier - but it is not easy to find someone that will sell you one.  The sellers are used to dealing with large manufacturing companies and not very willing to order and sell you "1" belt.

You may be able to find a Kawasaki belt that will be longer.  The KZ750 and EN500 Vulcan used the Bando belts.  I would imagine the EN500 belt is longer than the Savage belt - but I don't know for sure.

You can also install a Kawasaki KZ750 rear pulley which is a few teeth smaller and this will give you more room to move the axle rearward.  To install this pulley you need to modify the pulley and the drive hub, and also trim the head of the bottom left shock bolt as it will hit the pulley.  I sell a complete rear pulley kit - it is a lot of work to make and the price shows that.  The kit includes all the parts needed to bolt the pulley on - you will need to see that you need to do for the shock bolt as I have only ever used the rear pulley in combination with the larger Kawasaki front pulley.

The cost of the rear Kawasaki pulley kit is $350 shipped to anywhere in the mainland 48 states.

« Last Edit: 12/04/20 at 07:23:07 by Dave »  

IMG_7233.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
wordet11

Athens, Ohio
Reply #5 - 12/05/20 at 05:47:03

I have a couple of extra belts in good condition. Send me a PM.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/07/20 at 12:56:33

Hey guys, tell me that our belt is a kevlar belt?

Becuse I have a MTD lawn mover that I bout cheap rubber V-belts for.. they didnt last.

Soo, at last I did buy original MTD V-belts, it was cheap, directly from US, but then it was Wat and import taxes, then it wasent that cheap anymore.

In any case I bout two of those that worn out first.. I still have the second one in my garage after two years.

The thing I want to say is.. it was wort every penny to get the right V-belt, in inches and kevlar, for my MTD!

And this bike, LS650/S40 have been produced to this year, 2020, there are still spareparts, and belts!
Get the right belt, for your bike, it last your ownership anyway!
It cant be that dificult.. I hade to buy parts from US, for my MTD, to get it right. It could take some time, but your belt is for sale out there on Internet!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 19:06:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › swing arm extention ls650?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.