Send Topic Print
Ryca Parts Gone (Read 158 times)
mogman
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Ryca Parts Gone
11/18/20 at 14:20:42

I have talked by phone with Ryca and they no longer cary, fabricate or sell the Cafe rearset, rearset adapter or parts thereof.

I will have to copy from their pictures and fabricate my own adapter to fit some other rearsets.  BUMMER.

They are still in business but the product is not motorcycles per se. They have come up with a VR (Virtual Reality) software that allows the computer/phone user to graphically display custom parts on a cycle, car, airplane or machine. Cool.

May be a good investment but no more Ryca Cafe or Bobber kits.  Oh well. :'(

Cafe_Study_copy2_1.jpeg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Ryca Parts Gone
Reply #1 - 11/18/20 at 15:38:33

RYCA has been selling leftover parts on eBay at a significant discount.....I was watching to see if any mid set peg mount came along - but they didn't.

I have a new set of Clip On handlebars if you need a set.....$120 shipped to you with both 7/8" and 1" bars.
https://woodcraft-cfm.com/products/3-piece-split-clip-on-assembly?variant=318919

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 11/18/20 at 20:17:24

So does that drive the value of a Ryca up or down ? Probably down !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #3 - 11/18/20 at 20:29:50

So, no more RYCA parts?
darn Sad

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #4 - 11/18/20 at 20:55:24

So my question would be, "What's the point". It is a cyber image creater? I have not looked into it but the description put forth here is that it is nothing more then modeling app?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 11/19/20 at 04:03:24

Ruttly wrote on 11/18/20 at 20:17:24:
So does that drive the value of a Ryca up or down ? Probably down !  Grin

Well - it makes it impossible for you to build a new one.

Part of the appeal of the kit is it allowed folks without a lot of tools or experience to build a bike themselves.

The value of the finished RYCA is likely to be varied on how well the bike was built....and how much the buyer wants one.

It could be they sold so many kits  that the demand dropped off and they just couldn't sell enough to stay in business.

My Cafe' was inspired by RYCA and it does have a lot of their parts (footpegs, side panels, seat, belt guard, kick stand) - while the other parts were sourced elsewhere or I made them.

Cafe.jpg

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #6 - 11/19/20 at 06:08:51

Dave,
That is one great looking bike!!!

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #7 - 11/19/20 at 07:10:27

Armen wrote on 11/19/20 at 06:08:51:
Dave,
That is one great looking bike!!!

Yep, she's a looker.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 11/19/20 at 11:04:50

Well it’s like anything else , it’s very rare if you get back what you have in it. It’s a passion thing , I know I have spent a lot on mine. R & D was a chunk of that number. But calling it R & D  is just a fancy way of calling it Success & Failure. No matter what I call it if I’m riding it it has to be right. Mine was tracker kit #17 and now no ryca for parts  or any future builds , always knew this was gonna happen. And yeah Dave’s bike is sharp ! I seem to like everyone’s bikes cause they reflect their vision as a builder and a piece of their personality. By looking at Dave’s bike I can tell his garage is spotless and everything has its place , maybe a touch of OCD ( which isn’t a bad thing ). My polar opposite my garage is trashed and I got CRS - can’t remember $hit , but the tracker is almost the same bike but bars , tank & seat. Tracker , cafe , scrambler , bobber , rat each fits their owner’s personality and  show cases their creativity and vision , after all my bike was built using the ideas of others here at SS , Tanx Guys !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #9 - 11/19/20 at 15:27:49

Simply put, the demand is gone, for Savage conversions anyway. You can walk into a Triumph, Yamaha or RE dealership and get a bike that just requires a few bolt-on parts to make it into a cafe racer - and you have a great modern bike with 50+hp, fuel injection and (depending on the bike) top shelf suspension components. Just look at the resale market for Savage based conversions - hint: it’s not so good.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 11/19/20 at 16:37:01

Ruttly wrote on 11/19/20 at 11:04:50:
By looking at Dave’s bike I can tell his garage is spotless and everything has its place , maybe a touch of OCD ( which isn’t a bad thing ).

I wish....unfortunately neatness is not one of my assets.  I struggle to keep my garage, yard, office and house organized.

I would love to have my garage tidy - but there just seems to be too many things going on at the same time.  Currently I am cutting wood for winter heat (chainsaws on floor), my wood chipper engine blew a head gasket and burned the pistons in the process.....so I have a monstrous wood chipper inside.  I am working on installing an electric gate opener and I had to spend the day cutting/welding/sandblasting/powder coating the mount....and I have tools scattered around the floor, drill press and band saw - and there are metal chips on the floor from the cutting and drilling.

I do keep my bikes clean - unfortunately not so much the garage!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #11 - 11/19/20 at 17:22:06

mogman wrote on 11/18/20 at 14:20:42:
I will have to copy from their pictures and fabricate my own adapter to fit some other rearsets.  BUMMER.
---------------

I stole a bunch of ideas from build threads on this forum and RYCA with my build.  Unfortunately, a lot of the pictures in those build threads are gone, but I attached a lot of pictures as I went along.  
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472222031/0

Be sure to check out the DYI mid-control thread for rearset bracket ideas.  I more of less copied the RYCA bracket and hung mid-controls on them instead of rearsets.  There are some other ideas posted there too.
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487785879/0

And check out all of the other cool bike builds in Dave's post.  
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1383565946

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #12 - 11/19/20 at 20:01:41

It's prob a sign of two things-a) as has been stated, you can buy a great factory bike in any flavor you want, and b) the number of putterers is fast shrinking. Sure there are a few, but most folks these days think that putting on a fender eliminator and a set of LED turn signals makes you a 'builder'.

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #13 - 11/20/20 at 01:06:32

2 years ago I wrote to them asking them to switch to the butt ugly Rebel 500, a bike that needs a lot of help appearance-wise etc. Someone will do it and make some money, but not me, I'm enjoying old age!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Reply #14 - 11/20/20 at 17:34:53

Oh Dave, you are a man after my own heart. That so describes my reality. Thanks for your honesty.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 20:48:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ryca Parts Gone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.