Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Report from Sweden, and some advice questions! (Read 223 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Report from Sweden, and some advice questions!
10/17/20 at 07:43:53

At first.. its realy atum here in my living space (Sweden).. about 5 centigrades in the morning and att best abow 10 centigrades in the midle of day.
In any case.. it could be some suny days at wekends.. there are no bad weather, only bad clothings.. you know!

To the other case, I did a mistake, left the bike whit the key in, so now is the battery empty.
Easy task.. I thought, only remove the side panel and then get acces to my battery, recharging it and put it back in place!
WTF.. I can losen one screw.. the other one is under my sadle.. WTF again, how to get the main sadle away to get to the second screw on the battery panel?

I can probably promise to newer ever put the screw below the sadle back anymore.. if I only onces got it removed?

And then thanks to all advices, to get rid of this perticuly screw, and shame on those enginers that put it in place in the first case.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Report from Sweden, and some advice questions!
Reply #1 - 10/17/20 at 08:10:36

remove the saddle 1st

WWW   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/17/20 at 09:28:50

verslagen1 wrote on 10/17/20 at 08:10:36:
remove the saddle 1st

Thanks.. im alredy figure out that.

Soo I strugle about to remove the main sadle.. im study the spare part list..it seems to be only a singel screw? But its hard to find.. and Im old, bad seeing!

In any way, the singel scew seems to be for the passenger sadle?
I hade to use a cowbar to see it!

Soo another seeing on the spare part list, and some swift walking to the garage, I can feel som other screws now when I know where to search.
In any case, WTF there are 4 screws.. I need only 2 to get the sadle removed.. cant see anything only feeling them, and thats not about that Im old, its hided behind everything!

Give me your expert opinon, is it those two frontward ör those backward that hold the main sadle?

And then way such questions, its about that Im an old biker, soon retierd and I got my an LS 650 in almoste  mint condition.. its about expression as a biker in front of my old biker friends.. im a Savage rider!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 10/17/20 at 09:37:31

WWW   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #4 - 10/18/20 at 11:35:23

Buy yourself a set of metric T-handle hex wrenches, and a variety of M6 socket-head/button-head cap screws.
I replaced all the stock seat/tank bolts with  the cap screws and I can get my seat off in 30 secs and the tank in another minute.
This: https://www.amazon.com/Bastex-Metric-T-Handle-Allen-Wrench/dp/B01HN0AZD6/ref=...
Cheers !  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/18/20 at 13:37:28

If you're handy, now might be a good time to put wires on the battery you can hook up to in order to charge it up.
Considering you're in there
Knowing the hassle
And the damage a complete discharge does
You might be ahead to pull it
Check water level
Charge it
Take it to be tested..
Could save you from becoming a pedestrian when it's nasty cold, which is when batteries fail,,
How old is the battery?
Lead/acid/wet
Or
Glass mat?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RocketScienceSmurf

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sweden
Reply #6 - 10/18/20 at 22:56:37

Please excuse me for writing in Swedish:

Följande bitshandtag och hylsor är guld värda när man ska lossa och sätta tillbaka sadeln på Savagen

https://www.jula.se/catalog/verktyg-och-maskiner/elverktyg-och-maskiner/bits-...

https://www.jula.se/catalog/verktyg-och-maskiner/elverktyg-och-maskiner/bits-...

Om jag inte missminner mig så är det en skruv med 10mm skalle per sida för att lossa sadeln. Det där bitshandtaget gör det lätt att komma åt

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/19/20 at 10:36:37

Thanks every body, this forum is best!
Thanks to Verslagen I started look for other nuts, two thats goes frome the sadle bracket to the frame.. it must be those?
And im a millimeter guy, it muste be 10 mm.
One problem is that I got sadlebags, that is in front of those bolts.
Sooo to losen the battery cover I have to losen the sadle, and to losen the sadle, I need to losen my sadle bags!
As a former mecanics, i have a lot of tools, but mayby I need to purchase some extra links to get by the sadlebag and the sadle to.. to get it aligned to the bolt head?

I would love to replace the sadle bolt whit a Alen bolt head anytime.
To the other things that sayd, I get frustrated, get in took a glas of wine, get out again, getting more frustrated.. in any case, it is about that I dont whant to damage anyting, not even making a scratch, becuse the bike is in such fine condition.
To that I got an agility as a log.. its hard to be old, but if I overcome this smaler problem, then I got a lot of more riding years to come.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 10/19/20 at 12:19:52

Get bolts that are too long and double nut about 1/2 inch, 12 mm, up the threads. Then you have something to hold onto to get it started and it's easier to find and pull out.
Allen head is your friend.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/19/20 at 14:02:10

And now to the topic of, "only mice read manuals"!
I got rid of the saddle, it was 10 mm bolts!

But I didnt need that becuse the battery is behind the tool box.
Got rid of the tool box bracket.. how to get the battery out, its stuck?
Probably some hard pushings but im not there yet.

Could it be any more bolts to losen?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #10 - 10/19/20 at 14:09:39

From the left side you should be able to see the negative terminal.
Remove the neg. cable from the battery. (always remove it 1st and reconnect it last)

Once removed, there are a couple of windows in the battery box that you can push out the battery.  
It can be tight and you may have wiggle it out.

push it out until you can access the pos. terminal. remove pos. cable.

Once removed continue to push the battery out.

WWW   IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/20/20 at 10:35:36

Thanks again verslagen.
I kind of guesst that alredy.. I even losen the battery top cover screw, it didnt help and it did not make any sens either, so I put it back again.

In any case, someone have been there befor me, there are different screws for the tool holding bracket.

It make sens, becuse it couldnt be a 20 years old battery, anyhow?
Any day.. or next weekend, I gonna get it out, recharge it and try to start, befor I put everything back again.

Befor that I would check the air filter, now that the side cover is of.
And try to replace some bolts whit allen head bolts, for easy maintenace in the future.
Im kind of expressed of the side panels.. solid steel, they need the two screws.
In any case, thats what I do for a living, tools for making,  panels, covers and brackets for Swedish/eu/Chines companys.. mostly cars or trucks and mining machines, like Volvo, Scania, Polestar, CEVT, Lynk and CO, Lotus, Epiroc, Kabe and Polar.
At least i bought the Clymer manual.. it could serve as a weekend liturature on wekends or as a stop in my bookshelf.

Getting the sadle away got my wondering of other things, one lose viring, and that the evacuation hose frome battery ends below my sadle, I think it should end below my frame?
Mayby thing to fix?

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/01/20 at 13:32:35

Another report frome Sweden, yesterday I was visting my fathers grave!
Today it struck me, be a man, as my father, get that battery out, no hesitations
And out it get, whith Verslagens advice!
Its f*cking dead, it take no charge at all!
Its one of those cheapest one can buy.. by "Biltema"!
In any way, those are cheap, but I dont like tpo change battery any second year,
Its only November and its a long winter here, I got some time, for winter conservation of the bike!
In any case a
battery is one of the easyst thing to replace!

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #13 - 11/01/20 at 15:09:19

Get a good AGM battery and a trickle charger. They will last for years.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/03/20 at 10:09:11

I ordered a AGM battery, its not that expensive in any case ( about 100 dollars whit VAT and delivery) and I want the best! And soon a trickle charger too?
First I want to know if the bike starts.. if not there are somthing els that broken, and first then its time to call a local MC workshop for maintenance.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 15:47:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Report from Sweden, and some advice questions!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.