Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Watch this if you have kids/grandchildren (Read 31 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Watch this if you have kids/grandchildren
10/09/20 at 07:01:42

This movie is free on YouTube right now.  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12945742/

I highly recommend watching it, even at its full film length it goes by fast and does a really good job outlining how social media is impacting youth without being preachy.

There is information in here that every parent either is unaware of, or suspects that is validated by discussions with families, experts and data.

We conduct civilian self-defense programs regularly and the one thing we struggle with the most is getting parents to realize that a guy coming up on their kid and abducting them is almost non-existent while a guy grooming them through Snapchat or similar is almost guaranteed.

I mean "guaranteed" literally.  An 11 year old profile on Snapchat received over 100 adult male communications, including d!ck pics and it was 2 days before another child communicated to the profile.  This is completely normal in online interaction.

Do 100 men talk to your 11 year old in-person over two days?

This is important information for parents and its an easy film to watch.  I would say no parent or grandparent watches this and says "I wish I didn't know this stuff"

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Watch this if you have kids/grandchildren
Reply #1 - 10/09/20 at 08:44:30

mean "guaranteed" literally.  An 11 year old profile on Snapchat received over 100 adult male communications, including d!ck pics and it was 2 days before another child communicated to the profile.  This is completely normal in online interaction.

I've never said
Thanks
To anyone for lopping my head off and pouring ice water down through my heart,, till now.. That scared me.. I have a ten year old grandson,, and he is a handsome lad.

Gotta get with his mom..
Dammit, E,, wasn't looking for something new to need to respond to.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Watch this if you have kids/grandchildren
Reply #2 - 10/09/20 at 12:38:57

I recommend Bark.  I've met with them personally, seen their metrics and they are willing to collaborate.  

https://www.bark.us/

I would send your daughter this link from Parental Control.  Its a good place/hub to see what is available in regards to monitoring.

https://parentalcontrolnow.org/

The trouble when looking at how this stuff works is it screams 1984.  But the threat is real, nobody wants to be the NMK at the hospital, morgue or police station.

I've never raised kids, but the one thing I would say is that the discussion these days with 4th grade on up should be what to do, or how to handle it, when they see po rn.  Not Playboy, I mean hardcore, violent po rn.  To specify, "when" they see it, not "if" as there is no real way to keep the outstanding magnitude of po rnography made daily from being on the phone of your kid, or the kids they hang out with.

I don't know what that conversation should be like, but its considerably more imminent than Stranger Danger down at the park.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:12:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Watch this if you have kids/grandchildren

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.