Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nasty Kentuckians !  LOL ! (Read 42 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Nasty Kentuckians !  LOL !
08/21/20 at 13:31:55

Not Dave!

https://globalnews.ca/news/7289586/kentucky-man-750000-fine-canadian-quarantine-
rules/

Can't blame him, due to fantastic scenery, although parts of his own state are very pretty!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Re: Nasty Kentuckians !  LOL !
Reply #1 - 08/21/20 at 17:00:45

For the record, as a Hoosier, I am one state away from being a Kentuckian (although I tucked up against Michigan). So, I may have to back Dave on this one, if needed. In fact, last year I was in a meeting in Indianapolis with an Indiana attorney who grew up in Kentucky. And his comment was, "Even though I'm a Hoosier, I grew up in Kentucky. And in Kentucky we always referred to Hoosiers as Kentuckians who headed to Detroit on half a tank of gas."

And Dave's gonna chime in here at any moment.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 08/21/20 at 18:37:54

Several times I have been a fugitive of the quarantine requirements our governor has imposed on us.  Initially we were supposed to self quarantine any time we left Kentucky!  That is pretty much an impossible mandate to keep when I am only a few miles away from the Ohio and Indiana borders........often a simple solo motorcycle ride on a sunny afternoon could get me in violation.  (I did go to Suches, GA and to Robinsville, NC and ride over a weekend with MMRanch - we stayed in separate tents and made some attempts to stay safe.....masks were not mandatory at the time and we did not wear any.

More recently our Governor has relaxed the rules a bit, and we are only supposed to quarantine when we go to a state that is a "hot spot".  Our Governor is being a bit aggressive and making mandates that are likely beyond his authority - our Attorney General is often challenging the Governor and even joining others in lawsuits filed against the Governor.

The good news is that we have a pretty low Covid rate.  I know the virus is out there somewhere - but at this point it has not reached anyone at our office, at the large church I attend, nobody on the prayer list, anyone in our family or the inlaws/outlaws.

My wife and I have been doing some camping - we have not been attending anything with large crowds.....we have been eating out once a week in a restaurant.

I was not born in Kentucky.........but I got her as soon as I could!  

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #3 - 08/21/20 at 20:22:16

Just for the record. I resided in both Danville and Goshen Ky from 1986 to 1994.
Now, the Rockies are in my backyard !
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 08/21/20 at 21:09:30

Dude can sit out a $750,000.00 fine
in Six Months?
Id do that and stay another year,, let them pay me 1.5 mill to go home with..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/21/24 at 01:55:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Nasty Kentuckians !  LOL !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.