Send Topic Print
cam chain. (Read 36 times)
roddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

cam chain.
07/16/20 at 18:28:14

i have a 2012 s40. i've written before and know of the altered tightener. my question is twofold. hasn't suzuki addressed this problem? and if not, is there another manufacturer that makes a better chain? tearing down the side of the motor every ten thousand miles seems nuts! i've got hondas and yamahas with many more miles and never have touched them or have only had to readjust the chain tightener. i love this s40 but don't know why suzuki has not done something about it. love to hear your ideas. so many good ones have come from this sight. thanks, roddy

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Re: cam chain.
Reply #1 - 07/16/20 at 20:57:22

Mine is a 2014 and has 10k miles. I recently checked my cam chain and it has clearly quite a few more more miles left.

Suzuki has not changed a thing, however, we have found a few ways to get the most mileage out of the chain.

Verslagen has come up with a mod for the cam chain tensioner which gives it a much longer life span. Check it out.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: cam chain.
Reply #2 - 07/17/20 at 06:57:47

Lancer has chains available IF you need a chain.  Otherwise use a modified tensioner to keep your motor from getting destroyed and consider replacing/modifying your chain guide as discussed in the thread below.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1593671973

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 04:17:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › cam chain.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.