stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: saddle bags
Reply #15 - 07/07/20 at 07:13:59

No worries JOG...maybe they offered some cushion and saved you from some road rash. They were decent bags wile they lasted.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: saddle bags
Reply #16 - 07/07/20 at 07:57:51

Naah,, they didnt help any,, I was stepping off the bike as I hit. Left knee bent the tank, right foot was still on the peg, right shoulder hit the passenger window, with left arm across face, helmet on back of hand,,and the bike and I went seperate ways  and Boy am I glad I got off instead of sliding up the tank and having those snapped off forks slashing at my legs,, and the front signals ripping me up..

Cant believe I managed to get off the bike that quick,, but Im certain it was the best move at that speed..
Something people should think about, before it happens,,
I hadnt run that through the mental preparation,, never considered just gettin off the bike,,
Never sounded like a good idea,,
Just somethin to consider, guys,, NOt sayin it wouldnt get ya killed,,

I was wearin jeans, REd Wings, leather gloves from Tractor supply, and a Khaki welding shirt, over the tee shirt,, I wear long sleeves,, I really dont like the dust/tiny little ground up crap that flies up off the road hittin my arms,
I didnt slide much, I guess,, didnt see scuffed up clothes, helmet wasnt  scuffed much at all,
I guess I launched upward and hit, maybe rolled, maybe bounced,, IDK I was asleep..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 09:50:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › saddle bags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.