Open Your Eyes (Read 50 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Open Your Eyes
06/29/20 at 05:27:47

This year I turned 49 years old. Looking back at my life it occurs to me that I get around. I've lived in nearly every major East Coast city and quite a few burbs and exurbs that connects them. Spent a year homeless in LA as a child. Briefly existed in FLA and North Chicago. The Navy moved me around a bit. VA Beach, Norfolk mostly. Spent 3 years contracting for the Coast Guard in NC. Nearly 5 years in the frozen wastes of Northern NY state where people spoke like Canucs eh, you hoser.
I've also been fortunate enough to visit half a dozen foreign countries. Even got to live and work in Brazil.
I've seen alot. And I'm a very perceptive person. I study my surroundings and the people in them.
And in all my observations during my 49 years of traveling guess what I've never seen anywhere?

Racism. Outright, belligerent, obvious racism towards Black people. Nowhere to be seen.
Same with slavery.
And I've lived with Black people too. Literally lived with one I was married to for 7 years. During that experience I perceived quite frequent racist slurs towards myself and her from black people. And that continues even now for my son who's mixed. 99 % of the racism he experiences daily is from blacks.

But back to the topic at hand. In 49 years and living all over as I have I've never seen a lynching. I've never seen police brutality towards Black people. Have seen that inflicted on Whites though. I've never seen anything resembling open hostility towards blacks. I have heard people talking badly about them. The Puerto Ricans who were my neighbors in Philly had nothing nice to say about them though.

But still I just haven't seen with my two eyes all the victimization they're constantly crying about.
Not in 49 years.
Have you seen it?

Open your eyes and look around right now.
What do you see?

https://youtu.be/n1Esuqywo9k

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Re: Open Your Eyes
Reply #1 - 06/29/20 at 05:39:23

The Hoff does it justice too...

https://youtu.be/yBDc0YWi9mk

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/29/20 at 06:26:49

When I lived in LA I saw plenty of double standard from law enforcement towards black Americans.  No lynching's, but I did see people pulled out of car windows, kicked, back then a few still carried PR24's but mostly it was extendable baton.

Of course every situation is different, but I would say the most common was getting hit while in cuffs, on the ground.  I saw a lot of that, but I would say it was mostly reaction to verbal issues versus physical.  I think law enforcement had less tolerance for language from black Americans.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #3 - 06/29/20 at 07:33:48

In my observations from both sides of the law (I wasn't always such a good apple) I have noted a particular pattern in police behavior. Generally if you express murderous intent to cops (of any ethnicity) you don't get treated with any sort of professional conduct. It's almost as if they don't like death threats. The gloves tend to come off even when the perp is white.

Then again I don't react very well to death threats either. It's understandable to me.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #4 - 06/29/20 at 08:27:54

https://youtu.be/EZQt6JkI1AQ

This guy speaks people should listen.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/29/20 at 09:21:03

My mute laptop,, aaarrrggghhh,,, anyway,, I read the subtitles,,
Still waiting on arrests and trials..
NOT Firing
NOT "disciplining"
Arrest them, give em a fair trial
Hang em,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/29/20 at 09:43:48

"In my observations from both sides of the law (I wasn't always such a good apple) I have noted a particular pattern in police behavior. Generally if you express murderous intent to cops (of any ethnicity) you don't get treated with any sort of professional conduct. It's almost as if they don't like death threats. The gloves tend to come off even when the perp is white. "

I'd agree.  

Unfortunately law enforcement can't physically act on death threats if harm is not imminent.  For instance if I am handcuffed face down on the ground and tell them I will "kill them" and they shoot me in the back because I threatened their lives, they are in the wrong.  Same if they just kick me a few times in the ribs.

My experience wasn't a lot of black Americans threatening to kill anyone, but more of a repeatedly saying the same thing over and over.  Like "Why you arresting me?" but like a perpetual broken record.  That got a few punches, even once saw an officer press his fingers into a guy's trachea, while cuffed, to get him to stop hollering.

Seemed like even the Mexican Americans got more leniency but maybe it was because I ran mostly in Norteño gang-territory.

I've seen a lot of abuse videos over the years, and have literally seen program directors have to search for some non-minority incidents to equal out the presentation, but that was for more of a PC presentation.

Either way I've seen what appears to me to be more physical assault while in handcuffs on black Americans than others, but at the time I wasn't exactly keeping track.    

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #7 - 06/29/20 at 10:04:41

I think the saddest arrest I witnessed was one time when I got arrested in Brooklyn and had to spend the entire night in the back of the paddywagon traveling from arrest to arrest scenes.
One black dude was busted for soliciting and the cops kept saying to him "wait till your wife finds out"!
The man was sobbing and crying all night about how his marriage was ruined and his life was ruined. The cops were pretty insensitive to him. And the rest of us too because we were all dirtbags to them

But I never forget that poor guy. Caught in a sting operation so he was basically setup. Later that morning a police sergeant that was fingerprinting and DNA swabbing me explained the stings were to boost the mayor's numbers and make him look tough on crime and most of the cases would get dismissed for entrapment anyway.
Pretty messed up thing to lose your spouse for.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/29/20 at 10:28:48

"Pretty messed up thing to lose your spouse for."

Yeah too bad the cops had bogus stings going on.  Poor guy, didn't deserve to get caught cheating on his wife.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #9 - 06/29/20 at 10:59:15

When I worked for a certain mass transit agency I would help with supplying information for NTSB investigations. Sometimes it requires watching hours and hours of video evidence pulled from busses or subway cars. Much of it was intensely violent. Some downright hard to watch. The one where gangbangers shot up the entire bus with assault rifles a few years back was pretty tough to sit through. Glad it wasn't in color. Another tough one was where the black bus driver got his head caved in by a black dude with a rock in his hand. Seeing the deformation of the drivers head just puts chills in your spine.
And the things those high school kids do on the bus is shocking.

I didn't see any unnecessary use of force by transit police or city police responding to those incidents. Never noticed any particular race of cops being more violent than others. Had that job a few years watched hundreds of hours of that footage. More than anything it's completely mindblowing how much animalistic, violent and vile behavior takes place in the city of brotherly love each and every day.
Just with busses alone the average was 350-400 violent incident calls per month.
The vast majority of this is on routes that pass through Black neighborhoods too.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/29/20 at 12:51:09

"Just with busses alone the average was 350-400 violent incident calls per month."

I haven't worked directly with the NTSB, but I have seen a lot of those videos.  So many people are surprised when they hear the real numbers.

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #11 - 06/29/20 at 13:34:20

Any incidents involving a death on public transportation have to be investigated by the Fed. Those guys should have just been given their own office on premises at headquarters as much as they had to visit.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 19:21:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Open Your Eyes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.