Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
E10 fuel and aluminum carburator! (Read 102 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

E10 fuel and aluminum carburator!
06/18/20 at 11:04:49

A new topic on E10 and winterisation of this wonderful bike!
IE there is other treads about E10 and there is a guy that made a lot of his living to clean carburators, Im only regret he is not living in Sweden!
In anyway I found this other guy on Yotube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf9Fdvx_Sc
In anycase, I dident drain my tank or carburator, and it was E10 fuel in it!
To that tell my if this guy have some impotante to tell me!
Im alredy talk to my old biker friends, they almoste have never bikes and put those at there biker dealer for winterasation. In any case, they says, put no E10 fuel in the tank on wintersiation.. drain yuor tank but moste importantly your carburaturor?
In any case Im gonna drain the tank and the carburator next winter!
IE im alredy figure out hove and probably found both the screw and the  hose in the carburator?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: E10 fuel and aluminum carburator!
Reply #1 - 06/18/20 at 14:25:27

If there is E10 where you live, and your winter is more than a few weeks long - drain the carb and fuel tank.  And put a piece of tape over the key hole in the fuel cap to seal off the vent.

It is also a good idea to remove the spark plug and add "fogging oil" to protect the cylinder.

https://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools/fogging-engine-proper-use-fogging-oils/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/24/20 at 13:33:28

Sorry guys, wrong Youtube that I wanted you to react to!
Soo a new try, here its comes;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvS_D4_lF5U
And thanks Dave, Im figure out this alredy, but I have a temperd garage and a humidiser in it to.
In any case.. im living in Sweden, at leaste 6 month the bike is standing in the garage? Could it get that bad, by E10, in a tempered garage whit a humidiser in it?
To  that I think its the water, if it get cold and high humidity, that got in to the petrol, but how do it get in to the carburator and make al of that slime/corotion to aluminium?

In anyway Im gonna drain my tank and carburator next winter.. just for the sake of it.
IE.. I gonna drain the tank and the carburator next winter.. lesson learnd!
To that.. is this guy a bit overexagated.. or hes on the right tinking?

Thougts about this?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 06/25/20 at 05:59:20

I watched this video, and although I don't agree with this Project Farm fellow on a lot of his videos he did a good job on this one.  My biggest complaint about his videos is that when he tests products in his lawn mower engines, he never puts them under a load.  He just lets the engine run on his shop floor or driveway where the engine is not working  Take the lawn mower out and cut the grass and make it work - I do think that the result may be different if the engine is under a load where it pulls more fuel/air through the engine and runs hotter!  The other problem I have is that so many of his test are very short term....you can't find much out about long term performance when you only use a product for a small amount of time.

I did my own long term fuel test, and as a result I don't let any fuel sit in my equipment that has a carb.  Fuel injected equipment works a bit different, as the fuel is sealed inside the injection system and the fuel keeps better - but I do make sure I use "ethanol free fuel" for the last tank of fuel each year and I add fuel stabilizer before storage.  (I have to go to a boat marina to get ethanol free fuel where I live).
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1382699778

Stihl recommends in their owners manuals that if you are not going to use the equipment for 2 months - drain the fuel tank and start the engine and let it run out of fuel before you put it away.

If you store your equipment with fuel in it......you are taking a chance that your carb and fuel tank will be damaged.  My Suzuki Savage gets the fuel drained every year........so far in 8 years of ownership I have never had to clean the carb, and the engine starts immediately each spring when I add the fresh fuel.  (Your results may vary - I am just telling you what works for me).

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/26/20 at 08:05:13

Thanks a lot Dave for your thougts!
In any case its this about geting this slime and corotion in the carburator on E10 fuel!
'
I have a MTD lawn mover, a MTD Pinto and a Susuki Savage !

In any case, I drive my Pinto till it stops, becuse I dont like the smell of petrol  in my garage.. and it dont have that vacum petcock!

In any case.. I think hes a bit ower the top, but not perticulu wrong either!

Its this.. if E10 fuel build up that slime/corosion in our carburator, if it stands in our garage in a couple of months?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 06/26/20 at 10:04:16

The fuel in the bowl will evaporate and leave green slime,, How long ? Well,, depends on temperature and humidity,,
Let the bowl evaporate off,, YOull know it did, because it wont start, because there is no or not enuff fuel in the bowl,, By the time some people realize they should use Prime,, the battery is too low to fire the plug,,
If you do that once and dont let it turn into too hard of a layer of gunk,, it might clear out if ya ride, ride, ride,,
Best,, dont do that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 06/26/20 at 13:07:55

One problem with letting your float bowl sit with fuel in it - is the green slime will likely clog the tiny hole in the pilot jet.  This causes the classic "My bike won't idle" problem that so many people have after the bikes sits for an extended period.

It is imperative you drain the float bowl before long term storage.  If your bike has the drain screw........use it.

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 06/26/20 at 14:49:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/20 at 10:04:16:
The fuel in the bowl will evaporate and leave green slime,, How long ? Well,, depends on temperature and humidity,,
Let the bowl evaporate off,, YOull know it did, because it wont start, because there is no or not enuff fuel in the bowl,, By the time some people realize they should use Prime,, the battery is too low to fire the plug,,
If you do that once and dont let it turn into too hard of a layer of gunk,, it might clear out if ya ride, ride, ride,,
Best,, dont do that..

I did just that on my spring ride, and got a more yelow exhauste pipe and blue on other parts. Embarrassed

It was 10 centigrades, soo full choke at start!

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/26/20 at 15:01:50

Dave wrote on 06/26/20 at 13:07:55:
One problem with letting your float bowl sit with fuel in it - is the green slime will likely clog the tiny hole in the pilot jet.  This causes the classic "My bike won't idle" problem that so many people have after the bikes sits for an extended period.

It is imperative you drain the float bowl before long term storage.  If your bike has the drain screw........use it.

I think that you, I, Justin and the yotubeguy altso comes to some sort of conclusions about E10 fuel.. letting it stand in the tank and carburator for several months?
Mayby its about letting the bike standing a lot of months whit fuel in the tank and carburator.
In any case I talk to my old biker friends.. they live in flats and put there bikes on winter at there local workshop, that always drain there tanks and carburators if there is any.  Huh

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 06/26/20 at 15:19:07

In any case, I put alkylate petrol and a bottle of STP fuel cleaning in my tank and ride and ride.

Hope that I get rid of the slime anyway.. if there was there in the first place?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 06/26/20 at 16:16:07

In my experience, the best additive for cleaning is Sea Foam,, TRactor Supply has it for a good bit less than the Auto Parts store
When my backhoe had a knocking injector, it was The Only additive that stopped it,, I tried quite a few

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 06/26/20 at 16:36:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/20 at 16:16:07:
In my experience, the best additive for cleaning is Sea Foam,, TRactor Supply has it for a good bit less than the Auto Parts store
When my backhoe had a knocking injector, it was The Only additive that stopped it,, I tried quite a few

Thanks a lot Justin.. but you probably didnt realised that I live in Sweden?
I dont know about Sea Foam, im living at the west coast in Sweden and thats just saying me.. Foam frome the sea.. yea I have seen that. Embarrassed

And to the tractor suply.. I think this is the same as our farmer suply depoe? Huh

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 06/26/20 at 19:56:40

Amazon ?

https://www.amazon.com/Sea-Foam-Extreme-SF-16-Seafoam/dp/B0002JN2EU

Does that help?

You can try your Farmers supply,, Might be able to look online and see if they carry it,

It Is Blended and Packaged in the USA,, so, maybe its not available there..
BUT,, You can Carefully get the bowl off,, If It has never been off,, probably shouldnt try it without removing from the bike.
Lots to talk about before ya take a shot at that,, So, dont go trying to get the bowl off until tools and techniques have been talked about,, Okay?

IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/28/20 at 08:39:03

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/26/20 at 19:56:40:
Amazon ?

Does that help?

You can try your Farmers supply,, Might be able to look online and see if they carry it,

It Is Blended and Packaged in the USA,, so, maybe its not available there..
BUT,, You can Carefully get the bowl off,, If It has never been off,, probably shouldnt try it without removing from the bike.
Lots to talk about before ya take a shot at that,, So, dont go trying to get the bowl off until tools and techniques have been talked about,, Okay?

I get your message and then I Google Sea Fome and find this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=a6pHSn8lLAQ

In anyway. I probably gonna stick to STP fuel cleaning becuse its more common in my country.
In any other case.. E10 or not.. its this slime in our carburators, perticuly mine that got standing for at least 6 months!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 01:48:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › E10 fuel and aluminum carburator!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.