Best I can tell (Read 94 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Best I can tell
05/27/20 at 12:37:41

THIS is the dammmed law...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Best I can tell
Reply #1 - 05/27/20 at 22:07:39

THIS isn't the Dammmed law, this is a photo of a Facebook post that contains fabricated, thus unreferenced, legal sounding material.

Your "Dammmed law" posting claims 50 states exist in 1866, you don't see an issue with that?

Want me to break down the inaccuracies further, read the actual case referenced and tell you what it really says, or do you want to spend 5 minutes looking this up yourself?  I'm not trying to be a jerk, I am asking if you want to give this a try.

Here's a hint: "Section 98" doesn't even exist.

To make it easier I'll even pull up the case here, which if you take the time to only read the first line it will say "It is unconstitutional to try civilians by military tribunals unless there is no civilian court available" since that is what the case is actually about:

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/71/2/

THIS is nothing more than people spreading lies because they like what the posting says and won't look it up themselves.  

When this is done against Trump it's "fake news" and unacceptable but if it's done by screenshotting social media posts is it only the fault of the person who originally posted it?

« Last Edit: 05/28/20 at 03:11:36 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 05/28/20 at 03:51:57

Maybe you dont get the point.. nuts that contradicts the constitution , well,, really cant be the law, can it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/28/20 at 04:55:30

Of course Elected Officials within The Federal Government have the authority to enact and enforce regulations based upon circumstances such as we find ourselves in.

Of course citizens have the right to unelected those officials.

If the citizenry feels Elected Representatives are overstepping, over reacting and perhaps becoming a little too comfortable with power, vote them out.

But insisting citizens automatically ignore and purposely counteract instructions is not the right path. For example, these newly liberated patriots    downstream from a soon to collapse darn would find out too late that the system depends on a certain level of trust between the Representatives and the Citizens. Ignoring demands to flee because “It’s my Constitutional right not too” would be foolish, unless they happen to be particularly good swimmers.

Having said all of that,  the problem we find today is that many of our elected officials have done exactly that, they’ve gotten very comfortable with the feeling of excessive power. The governor in my neighboring state of Illinois is a perfect example. A millionaire, he sent his wife to Florida to live in another home of theirs. Florida is mostly open so she shops and dines as she chooses while he enforces draconian measures in rural areas across southern Illinois  who’ve had little or no impact from Covid. that’s a problem and he should face consequences in both the media and at the polls. Of course we have suspicions neither will happen because of the un-level playing field in those two arenas. But that’s a different story.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/28/20 at 06:28:50

"Maybe you dont get the point.. nuts that contradicts the constitution , well,, really cant be the law, can it?"

I agree except you aren't referencing any real judgement, you are using ones made-up and put on Facebook.  You don't see a problem with that?

Just fabricating statements and claiming they are US law is ok?  The dammmed law you are using to justify unconstitutional behavior is the one made up on Facebook? 

This fabricated statement, completely false, is the reference you are using to say that nuts are contradicting the Constitution?  No real laws in real law books?

That's your argument?

This is literally just like the George Washington quote you posted.  A complete lie, connected to an unrelated topic.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 05/28/20 at 06:31:01

"Of course Elected Officials within The Federal Government have the authority to enact and enforce regulations based upon circumstances such as we find ourselves in."

Unless someone makes up a Supreme Court ruling that never happened and says that the completely made-up ruling is proof that the actions of Governors are unconstitutional.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 05/28/20 at 07:12:29

50 states..  Grin

Is this a Trump quote?...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 05/28/20 at 07:38:50

Serowbot wrote on 05/28/20 at 07:12:29:
50 states..  
Is this a Trump quote?...  

Don't think so.
However:
Obama, DID SAY, he's going to campaign in 57 states.

Grin
         Grin
        Grin
       Grin
      Grin
     Grin
    Grin
   Grin
  Grin
Cheesy

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #8 - 05/28/20 at 08:18:38

Quote:
 the system depends on a certain level of trust between the Representatives and the Citizens.

And there is the crux of the problem.  Far too many of our representatives, once they have been handed some authority, insist that we citizens trust them in all things, but completely fail to reciprocate that trust.

"You guys elected me. Now do exactly what I say, or else."

That annoys some  folks.

Me, for example Angry

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #9 - 05/28/20 at 08:43:22

MnSpring wrote on 05/28/20 at 07:38:50:
Serowbot wrote on 05/28/20 at 07:12:29:
50 states..  
Is this a Trump quote?...  

Don't think so.
However:
Obama, DID SAY, he's going to campaign in 57 states.

Do you want to weigh that against Trump's oratory record?....
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/08/24 at 20:22:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Best I can tell

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.