Send Topic Print
You decide,, (Read 93 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
You decide,,
05/24/20 at 17:42:52

But,, It aligns closely with what I was thinking early on,, So,, Im down with it,,

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/05/selfinflicted_destruction_of_ame...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: You decide,,
Reply #1 - 05/24/20 at 21:17:51

I think it is ridiculous to say "Look what you said." then say "Look you said something different." months later, then say "Look you lied, because you said two different things."  Changing your mind based off of data you present, and other people can see and replicate, is lying?

The math is present but challenged by people that won't grab a calculator and run the numbers themselves.  Of course the mortality rate percentage is going to change.  Why on earth would anyone thing a predicted number, that was actually expected to lower and said as such, (but conveniently left out of the article) would not change?

R0 for SARS-COV-2 will change, anyone working in the field will say that.  They claim "But the worst part is that we’ve known for a while, with absolute certainty, that he never believed a word of it himself."  and then cite the article that specifically states:

"However, given the efficiency of transmission as indicated in the current report, we should be prepared for Covid-19 to gain a foothold throughout the world, including in the United States. Community spread in the United States could require a shift from containment to mitigation strategies such as social distancing in order to reduce transmission. Such strategies could include isolating ill persons (including voluntary isolation at home), school closures, and telecommuting where possible."

Why on earth would anyone read N Engl J Med 2020; 382:1268-1269 and think Fauci wasn't going to make these recommendations?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 05/24/20 at 21:32:33

I don't like this 1 bit. I am pro shutdown. But this virus has very very low fatality rate among the otherwise healthy. It hurts me to say it, but shutdown is stupid unless you're in a high density population area like NYC, and in that case you need to get the fcuk out of the place and go to Montana or something.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 05/25/20 at 00:47:08

I agree that the current methods are not ideal.

I do not agree that given the initial analysis worldwide that if we had continued on the current course that we would be experiencing the same, or even similar fatality rate.

More important is anyone can look back and say "you did it wrong".  Absolutely anyone can take current facts and tell people what they should have done.  The problem here is that certain portions of Fauci's report are excluded for what I can only imagine are convenience as they conflict directly with the claim.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 05/25/20 at 05:57:14

The thing that’s behind the spirit of this article and many others is it WAS obvious very early on a clearly defined demographic group of victims who would require hospitalization was well established. Think of the difference had all the money spent would have been devoted to protecting those groups at risk. I personally know two people who killed themselves and I’m positive the isolating effects of a lockdown and/or the constant projections of doom for anyone at random, played a role. Death, was in their ill minds which they learned to live with for their entire life, an easy way out of a bleak future.

Everyone should be terrified of the power of the media to force politicians into actions with dreadful consequences and suffer no consequences.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #5 - 05/25/20 at 07:10:22

Quote:
You decide,,

Quote:
Everyone should be terrified of the power of the media to force politicians into actions with dreadful consequences and suffer no consequences.

I decided a while ago. Do you guys know what a "Buffalo Jump" is ?

I'm not going off the cliff. Everyone else can do whatever they want.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 05/25/20 at 07:31:11

WebsterMark wrote on 05/25/20 at 05:57:14:
The thing that’s behind the spirit of this article and many others is it WAS obvious very early on a clearly defined demographic group of victims who would require hospitalization was well established. Think of the difference had all the money spent would have been devoted to protecting those groups at risk. I personally know two people who killed themselves and I’m positive the isolating effects of a lockdown and/or the constant projections of doom for anyone at random, played a role. Death, was in their ill minds which they learned to live with for their entire life, an easy way out of a bleak future.

There are a few (or more than a few - I only heard of a few) hospitals where the number of suicide cases outnumber the China virus cases by a factor of 10. They've seen a years worth of suicides in a month. Bigger factor, the suicides are people in their teens and 20's while china virus cases are in their 70's and up. This is china's attempt to take out an entire generation and cripple us to complete their world domination.

On the bright side, drug busts are apparently getting bigger and better and easier.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 05/25/20 at 10:32:40

Eegore wrote on 05/24/20 at 21:17:51:

"... Why on earth would anyone thing a predicted number, that was actually expected to lower and said as such, (but conveniently left out of the article) would not change?..."

"...  Of course the mortality rate percentage is going to change.  ..."

And of course you defend WHO, CDC, State Health org's, in every possible way.
As well as the, 'professionals', that have been proven to give misleading information, and people who are not even remotely versed in Vaccine protocol/information, and just rely on what 'other' people tell them.
Those peoples 'expertise' comes from the money they made, steeling other peoples hard work, (before their were patents on Software)

And defending the people that pushed FEAR, (when the population did not know), for the sole purpose of, herding the she-pol.
When those Org's KNEW of a high probability, C-19 was not nearly as bad, (as the vast Majority of people now know), as they 'said' it would be.

"...anyone can look back and say "you did it wrong".  Absolutely anyone can take current facts and tell people what they should have done...."

That is NOT the case in this situation.
(If the dire, "The Sky is Falling", prediction was  developed by false/unknown information, perhaps)
In this case, even early on, the 'Information' was purposely ALTERED, to make people believe, "The Sky is Falling".

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 05/25/20 at 10:49:38

"And of course you defend WHO, CDC, State Health org's, in every possible way."

Except for the instances where I say they are misleading, incorrect, or using poor protocol, but lets leave that part out just like we will leave out the parts about gun control where I worked, successfully, to recall politicians that implemented tighter restrictions so you can say I am pro-gun control.  Just like there can only be one reason to alter the wording of the 2nd Amendment, it's impossible to word it in any capacity that would favor the US citizen, so I must be pro-gun control.

So since I ask people to actually read the sources they cite and inform us how they are arriving at their outcomes I must be pro-CDC, WHO, and Stay at Home right?  Misquoting reports and leaving out parts of a study can't possibly be what I am bringing up.

"In this case, even early on, the 'Information' was purposely ALTERED, to make people believe, "The Sky is Falling"."

Can you reference some?  So far all I see are excerpts from larger articles that exclude the actual math, and cut apart quotes from separate articles and quotes.  Just like the Fauci paper that excluded the part where he said stay at home orders would be probable.  Or Facebook checklists that are even more ridiculous and inaccurate.

I haven't seen a single CDC report predicting millions of deaths.

In any case this will be a case of confirmation bias and circular reasoning.  Stay-at-home worked that's why we didn't see the huge death toll.  Nope.  The disease wasn't that bad, that's why we didn't see the huge death toll.  Nope.  Stay at home worked, that's why.  Nope.  It wasn't that bad, that's why.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 05/25/20 at 12:50:21

E, I am absolutely thrilled You are here..
You go places, see things and are privy to information that regular folks dont have just handed to them. YOu KNOW how to get stuff,, and whats in it,, well,, Youre right,, Im Not reading a tome of government speek to find a few sentences. The information you want to share would be read, IF you would make a Concise section available.
Youre aware, Im sure, of the way the media and the alleged experts made it look, right? Dont blame the public for not trusting anyone in the public eye. And for the stupid saps who CONTINUE to put faith in the models athe experts who say we need to be prepared to lose peopple, like the models predicted,,
You keep running and hiding behind
I havent seen a single Cdc report, blah, blah,,

Well,, Birx excoriated them for lying,, FINALLY,,
Admit it,, we were lied to,,

AAAND,,
I had no idea youd worked to make change that made the second amendment listened to,,
Who did you work to recall and did it work?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 05/25/20 at 20:07:39

"You keep running and hiding behind
I havent seen a single Cdc report"

Hiding?  You don't think there's an issue when somebody says "JoG said he is pro-gun control." and reference a forum post that you either didn't post in, or didn't say anything like what is claimed?  Then when you challenge the accuracy they say "Well Eegore mislead me, blame Eegore, and stop running and hiding behind the fact that the post I claimed doesn't even exist."  

It's Eegore's fault I thought JoG was pro-gun control, and JoG is hiding behind the fact that no forum post exists.

As for recalls:

In 2013 CO State Senate President John Morse and State Senator Angela Giron were successfully removed from office by utilizing the CO State Constitution.  We had attempted to remove 4 officials but initial ballots were only enough to remove 2.

The implementation of various gun-control measures conflicted with the desires of the constituent majority.  Every step of the way was of course a battle but we managed to get Morse to concede with an eventual 1.7% (estimated) loss and Giron's polling numbers (facilitated by local media) indicated she would win by over 6%, while real math by real analysts indicated she would lose by 10% or more.  She lost by just over 11%.  This was the only successful recall in CO, and it didn't require one person marching in the streets with guns, one park protest with cardboard signs, or anything like that.  We followed law, procedure and covered our @sses for the inevitable appeals process.  For instance State law gave 10 days for recounting/confirmation but the State Constitution allows 15.  We proved that the State Constitution will trump State law but only by very specific means.  Their argument was "color" of law and ours was "letter" as in what the words say.

They had a budget of over 3-million and we separated funds among three groups totaling just over 500k.  Brains over brawn.    

19 States allow this and I am amazed more people won't fight for recall measures in their State.  

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/recall-of-state-officia...

« Last Edit: 05/25/20 at 21:59:28 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 05/26/20 at 06:38:04

I dont know how you managed to get into a position to have time to spend in actual action in the political arena.. But Im glad you did.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 05/26/20 at 06:40:50

"I dont know how you managed to get into a position to have time to spend in actual action in the political arena.. But Im glad you did."

Modern technology for the most part.  I don't drive all over the state to meetings, we had them on conference calls.  Most of the work was done weekday evenings and weekends that didn't involve direct legal work, which was done by lawyers who of course have all day.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #13 - 05/26/20 at 07:30:45

Eegore wrote on 05/25/20 at 20:07:39:
"... I am amazed more people won't fight for recall measures in their State ..."

That process is happening now in Minn.
As to the Governor's ticket.
It was threatened in Wisc, but then,
The Wisconsin Supreme Court overturned the state's stay-at-home order, ruling it "unlawful" and “unenforceable”. …
The court ruled that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers' administration overstepped its authority...

I am amazed, more people won't fight for Freedom in the State they live in.
Like a Governor who says to the like;
All the State E.C.V.s will go to the candidate that three national major Metropolitan areas voted for.
Regardless of how the Majority of the Citizens Vote in CO.

And The Gov, Signing a law,
that makes Colorado a Official Sanctuary State

“...Under the new law, state and local law enforcement will be prohibited from honoring immigration detainers, or requests by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to hold a criminal alien already in custody for up to 48 hours, unless they’re accompanied by a judicial warrant (which is not something federal law provides for, meaning in practice the new state law forbids ever honoring them). It could also make it impossible for law enforcement officials to cooperate with ICE under federal immigration enforcement cooperation initiatives like the 287(g) program or the new Warrant Service Officer (WSO) program.
Additionally,  probation officers will be restricted from sharing information with ICE about illegal aliens they supervise, including information about release dates, court dates or their place of residence.  Law enforcement officials will even be required to provide an “advisement of rights” to suspected illegal aliens before they’re released or prior to any interviews with ICE …”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 05/26/20 at 10:49:37

If a state disavows federal law enforcement, why not ust finish it and secede?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 04:19:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › You decide,,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.